Reviews for The Happy Ending Stealers
Starmz chapter 19 . 6/14/2013
Not a bad ending at all! I will say I disagree about not writing things that aren't canon, though - I'm perfectly fine with somebody taking artistic license; it's simply when it gets cringe-worthily OOC that it irritates me beyond belief.
Starmz chapter 12 . 6/14/2013
This is just great!
Thank you so much for making something like this. Marius and Cosette are my Les Mis OTP, and Christine and Raoul are my Phantom one - so sometimes it's a tad upsetting when one realises that the canon pairings actually are far overshadowed by another one ... and that one half of the pairing is usually bashed as well.

Keep up the good work! I like to take in both the Musical / Movie and Book into account for canons, but I usually value the book slightly higher in the canon order, so while it would be nice had Christine known she was in the musical, I'm still loving what you've done. c:
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
SHIP ERIK AND EPONINE! PAIR THE SPARES!
Cascaper chapter 19 . 2/19/2013
*applauds madly* A better total annihilation of the fourth wall cannot be imagined and indeed is not wished for! :D Ah, poor Philippe with the brandy... Don't think I mentioned it earlier, but the description of Grantaire as "the greasy one" just made me bizarrely beam with pride at his being mentioned (he's my favorite). Eponine's galloping knight and poor Erik's upset stomach are just fun touches to me, though of course the latter is no fun at all. Congratulations on the creation of such a magnificent romp of a humorfic!
Cascaper chapter 18 . 2/19/2013
Annnd the ultimate meta move has been accomplished. Stealing the plotline is something even I never dared in my one attempt at a story like this... Hooray for the banter, and persuasion to reasonable thinking, and Operation R.A.O.U.L., and plot twists by the dozen!
Cascaper chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
Aaaahahaha, brilliance! "Jesus saves"- what a punchline! To say nothing of the part where the Bishop is all "It would be hard for you to find someone who is not a Catholic." and just everything. Everything. love.
Cascaper chapter 15 . 2/19/2013
Ok, so it was pretty much all the Pimpernel's work. But still- I admire the cleverness of the scheme! Not a hint of disappointment here. _
Cascaper chapter 14 . 2/19/2013
Hooray for head protection and restoration of true character! :D Eponine's directions would make perfect sense to a certain green-haired swordsman of my acquaintance, incidentally.
Cascaper chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Literary recitations, hairpin screw removal, misleading rants about clothes and the re-entrance of Bienvenu! All I could want and more!
Cascaper chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
"Christine noted absently that he had a very lovely tenor voice..." Oh yeah! Of course she would, fellow singer that she is. :) Shaysus, the amount of space-time rips are causing all sorts of collisions. "I won't even mention my cousin, the Count of Monte Cristo"- that got a shout of laughter, it did. Best of that particular section of conversation, for me.
Cascaper chapter 11 . 2/19/2013
The best thus far, though I am sure *the* best is yet to come in this story. My favorite parts were Cosette and Raoul's respective intelligent speeches- and then the subsequent mentions that both, in fact, did go to school and were capable of clever cogitation. Oh, and the "Not the blessings of God!" bit! And the little dropping of "My good friend Sir Percy Blakeney"! I'm half in love, I swear. With the story, I mean.
Cascaper chapter 10 . 2/19/2013
:D You did NOT! Oh, I love this story twenty times more with the introduction of the Pimpernel! Together he and Marius shall concoct a magnificent scheme... I can't wait! *claps excitedly*
Cascaper chapter 9 . 2/19/2013
Hallelujah, Monseigneur Bienvenu has arrived! On the heels of a brilliant mouthed conversation too. Good little Catholic schoolgirl Cosette (not lapsed like myself), refusing to tell lies... I wish everyone you knew wasn't so obsessed with not telling you anything bad to preserve your innocence.
Cascaper chapter 8 . 2/19/2013
Nooo! :D Just when Christine was being so plot-conveniently clever and figuring everything out! (God, I love meta fanfics. Have I mentioned that?)
Cascaper chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
Oh no, our poor Vicomte and Baroness... I have never understood the hatred people have for them, and this chapter just makes it hit home even more for me. Though I must say, the characterizations of the authoresses Random Hate and Fop-Basher are excellent.