Reviews for Wintered
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Iorhaelwen chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
So sad... *sob* poor Frodo!

Reading that poem again, I grasped for the first time the figurative meaning of the third stanza. I'd never even thought about it like that before... hmm.

You realizing this whole thing about winter - does that possibly mean you have experienced your own winter?

(And I'm still waiting for spring...)

Adding this story to my favorites. :)

~NiennaElanor~
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
So incredibly sad... Worded very beautifully and poignant. Good job!

~Leia
Kaewi chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
This is definately a bittersweet story. It isn't as AU as one might think, though. Although Frodo dies at the end, it is true to how he feels at the end of the book as well, even if his "spring" comes from a different place. I like that you wrote it in the perspective of Frodo, because it really demonstrates how he is alone in his winter. Beautiful interpretation! It fits wonderfully into the book as well.
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
so...beautiful! i have tears in my eyes right now as i'm writing this. i truly beleive this is the best story i have read describing frodo's 'life' after the quest, how he could not go on. thank you so much! so incredibly beautiful. i'm going to read it again when i have the time. i love how frodo wintered away, in minas tirith, right? and oh, this story was so beautiful. that poem of bilbo's is so inspiring
The Karlminion chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
This is good. I like the sense of death nearby, of unfulfilled promises given by one you once trusted. You should write more; the unfortunate thing about this world is that you have so much source material. Look around, you'll see it. This is one promise that won't go unfulfilled.