Reviews for The East Gate
lindahoyland chapter 19 . 8/2/2006
This has been a most enjoyable story. I laughed out loud at Pippin in this chapter,trust a Hobbit to think nice food means being in heaven !
Poppy Muddyfoot chapter 19 . 7/30/2006
I'm afraid I've not been a very good reader lately, or at least not a very good reviewer. Blame it on real life again. I am so glad you managed to finish this, even though you did have to do it on your own. I think I've said it before, but I really enjoyed your characterizations, especially Gimli. You got his dwarvishness exactly right. And it was so sweet in this chapter to see Legolas wanting to give him comfort and help in any way he could.

As for the hobbits, you finally got them all back together. At last! Although I'm not too sure if Merry really knows it yet. Poor Pippin, so confused about whether or not they're dead. Maybe it was the poppy juice talking. (I'm glad this story is over or you might get him addicted in this one, too.) And for some reason, the image of Sam too excited to tell Frodo that Pippin is there really tickled me. I can just picture him nodding so hard, trying to get his message out without words. I love that image.

Thank you for working so hard to finish this. As Pippin said, "On behalf of all of the characters that appeared in The East Gate, Three Cheers for Llinos! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!"

(Now, go work on Recaptured. Pretty please...)
GabrielSilk chapter 19 . 7/29/2006
Actually, I meant Pippin could have one box of chocolates, but I suppose they're bad for him. Maybe he could have some lovely healthy brussel sprouts instead. Or maybe a packet of sugar-free mints. I think Pippin's going to work up an opium addiction if he has too much again. And it was really funny when he thought they were dead, particularly Merry's response! Please, please do another story - after all, I'm sure Merry and Pippin would get awfully bored if they didn't have people tormenting them all the time! Namarie!
blossom chapter 19 . 7/28/2006
Thank you to all the authors for such an entertaining tale (but especially Llinos & Marigold), I'm really going to miss following the Eastgaters...perhaps they'll re-convene for a post Black Gate tale?

One very happy reader.

Blossom
RachelStonebreaker chapter 19 . 7/27/2006
Llinos ~ Superb wrap up, if I do say so myself. I laughed and laughed at Pippin being absolutely convinced he was dead. That's my favorite part of this whole chapter.

It's been a long time in coming but I surely appreciate the humongous effort you made to tie this whole thing together, and the work of Marigold in her beta and everyone else who wrote the story.

Out of the whole story, I like best the fact that we got to hear from all the characters' points of view. It wasn't terribly centric at all (ok, so the hobbits got a lot of play time, but then they ARE my favorites, so I'm not complaining).

~ Rach (who still smiles at the thoughts of the days when this story ... tale ... idea ... thing first started)
cookiefleck chapter 19 . 7/27/2006
Thanks to all of you for a very entertaining read, well-written in character and well-paced. I mainly followed the Sam/Frodo passages and was never disappointed. Also, I very much enjoyed the clever comments you all made, in character, to the readers' reviews. Have not yet made it over to the behind the scenes stuff but I'm looking forward to some fun reading there. Hats off to a great collaboration and THANKS.
lindahoyland chapter 18 . 7/16/2006
What an exciting place to leave off !I liked the way Frodo comforted Merry.
storyfish chapter 18 . 7/13/2006
Yay! Orc attack! Um, I mean...Orcs bad! BAD! But being scared stiff for the lives of Boromir, Gimli, and Pippin is always fun (and seems to happen a lot in this tale). Am especially freaked out by the end of this chapter (YAUGH! DON'T MERCY-KILL PIP!). But am especially looking forward to the next (last) chapter, which will hopefully end on top of the cliff, with no more stragglers dangling off the edge by their fingertips, screaming (since I don't know if I can handle another cliff-hanger like this one!). (Sorry, don't know if that last sentence made sense, my metaphor ran away with me. But I think the gist of it was "good job, keep it up"!)
GabrielSilk chapter 18 . 7/13/2006
I'm glad Merry liked the chocolates! This time Pippin gets one too.

And that song was...interesting... I can imagine the healer would be rather amused. Or shocked. Or something to that effect. :)

And also poor Pippin... stuck up a burning tree with no eagles and too many drugs. Dear me... what a pickle. Do hobbits like pickles? In their sandwiches, that is.

I am getting _very_ off topic now. Anywho, as I was going to say before my alter-ego interrupted, this chapter was great! Just like the rest of the story is great! (Although of course the bits with people dying/getting stabbed/bleeding are better!)

Anywho, namarie!
IceEmber chapter 18 . 7/12/2006
Last chapter! That is good and bad news. _ I know Pip will live but maybe the sheer amount of drugs he keeps getting fed explains why he is the way he is. _
Pip4 chapter 18 . 7/12/2006
Nice chapter, although, to be honest, I like it when everyone is playing and writing it. I think it gives us more to read in each chapter because each person is going into detail with each individual character. But you did a very good job of writing all of them in this chapter, good work.
GabrielSilk chapter 17 . 7/9/2006
Great chapter! I'm glad Legolas is OK too, but it would have been even better if he wasn't! Mwahaha... he hates me, and my still-growing family of plot-bunnies. A lot of your elves have Welsh names: Squirrel, Hedgehog, Mouse, Winter... and you've also got the Cottage Flet. I notice these things...

Poor Merry...good thing Pippin isn't _still_ in Moria; he'd have a heart attack, the poor dude! Can you give him this (extraordinarily large) box of chocolates for me? And he doesn't have to share. They're all for him. And Pippin can have a chocolate muffin. And a new pair of socks. Um...now I'm really sidetracking, I do this too often.

Anywho, great story, update soon (and Pippin has to get in trouble with the orcs so that Merry can really get worried!)

Namarie!

And don't forget Merry's chocolates! :)
lindahoyland chapter 17 . 6/17/2006
Poor Merry and Pippin!I hope they escape the was great in this chapter.
IceEmber chapter 17 . 6/10/2006
O_O Good gracious! Well I have to admit, I love a bit of Pippin torture every now and then. Poor Merry, he really loves his cousin. _
Sawyerslover chapter 17 . 6/9/2006
that was really good please countinue as soon a possible
387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »