Reviews for Sacrifice
kindadeadaccount chapter 13 . 3/27/2011
That was very dark... and painful ;) I feel bad for Aya. As every your story, it's very well written.

Koneko no okyaku-san is right about it being okay to write Aya the leader (he is clrealy called the leader in The Meeting - "And finally, their leader, Aya", and according to the official chronology, the story works with the canon). Actually, 80% of Not More Aya Worship's review is bullshit, and the author knows damn well she wrote flames (why not signing in?). I hope you've not stopped writing because of bigheaded idiots like that.

I would be happy to see your new stories :) Especially if you write Omi again ;)
Koneko no okyaku-san chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
'Not More Aya Worship' is not right about Aya not being the leader. Some people take Omi as the leader but it's *just as* or even more alright to take Aya as the leader - check out the weiss_kreuz community at livejournal (genki_schuldich's translation of The Meeting and balljointedomi's translation of the official chronology).
Not More Aya Worship chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
I know this story is old but I just had to review.

I've only got as far as chapter 4, but even though it is very well written I can't enjoy it. Why is that I hear you ask...

...It's because of the blatant Aya worship going on. You have it so that no one in Weiss is as caring, responsible, skillful, etc etc etc as Aya is.

In fact all the other members of Weiss are bumbling idiots in comparison. This is utter rubbish. Weiss got along perfectly well before Aya joined and wouldn't fall apart without him.

Aya doesn't care that much about the other members of Weiss, he made this fact well known when he abandoned them twice. He is not the leader of Weiss (he's far too reckless and absorbed in his own agenda to be a good leader - leader Aya is fanon only). Omi is the leader (Canon Fact) and is the one responsbile for planning and arranging their missions.

Of course, in this story you have Omi a lost little boy who can't do anything unless Aya tells him what to do, which is complete nonsense. Omi has been an assassin longer than Aya (Aya's previous job in crashers was non-lethal) and is more than capable of handling himself in a situation like this and thinking of a solution on how to get them.

Also vilifying Ken just because he doesn't like Aya and isn't bowing down at his feet (like you have the rest of the cast doing) is pretty pathetic. He has every reason not to like Aya, and shouldn't be made to look like the bad guy because of it.

I like Aya, I really do. But I like cannon Aya, flaws and all and seeing as in this fic he doesn't appear to have any flaws I can't like his characterisation in this story. I'm really sorry, this is not meant to be a flame but I just had to get this off my chest (its possibly the product of reading too many Gary Stu!Aya protrayal's in fanfiction).
1derland pixie chapter 13 . 7/27/2008
Good story!
Rosalyn Angel chapter 13 . 11/25/2007
I love your sense of humor so. effing. MUCH. That entire last chapter was freaking brilliant! I'd quote all the lines that I loved, but that'd end up as the entire chapter. omg. omgomg. Smiling and being all happy and grin-like the whole time-felt so good, especially all that angst and despair and the like. ee! so happy right now. You write Weiss wonderfully, their relationships and themselves. Everything was tied up andandand... LOVE.
Rosalyn Angel chapter 10 . 11/25/2007
Oh, they found him. They found him! And he's alive! I'm so relieved. Everything will be okay now. Right?

The line about Yohji's PI days and trashcans? "Can't resist 'em." Yeah, it was bril.

Andand, Omi visiting Aya-chan and Yohji muttering to himself as he searched Harrister's townhouse... so much love.

And finding Aya! oh
Rosalyn Angel chapter 8 . 11/24/2007
Why you gotta go and make the antagonist all humanized and realizing what he's done and why he's done and how he's at fault and all loving toward his brother? and then blow his own brains out? D:

While I still don't like him and can't forgive him for what he's done, he became a person within that chapter. And also, I felt horrible for Jackie's murder-he was completely innocent!

Hm. The way Harrister died is more fitting for him, I think, than having one of Weiss cut him down-at last, I thought so after reading the chapter. Before, I would've been glad to see Yohji/Omi/Ken kill 'im.

Still! Ugh. That was just mean to me, as the reader. XD; Oh, and oh, and favorite line(s) from chapter: "The Englishman stared for a few moments, struggling to imprint every detail of this scene on his mind, and, then, ever so slowly, lowered the lid. It creaked out in protest, and Harrister winced at the sound … the final slamming of the gates of doom."
Rosalyn Angel chapter 7 . 11/24/2007
I love Ken and Yohji's interaction at the start of this chapter and how horribly messy the apartment was (and how Ken had to find the phone by trailing along the cord, and then choosing to touch the disgusting sandwich over the disgusting boxers), and also: "My paint job, my ass." L.O.L. :D

Again, your smattering of humor in the most dire of situations is one of the things I so love about your stories! It doesn't subtract from the oh-dear-god-where-are-they worry and dread and overall horror of it, but keeps it from getting to be Too Much.

I really hope they find Aya and kill Harrister before it's too late! :x
Rosalyn Angel chapter 3 . 11/14/2007
Why haven't I read this before? I must've been silly not to. Just silly.

It's one of your earlier works, but it's still amazing and enjoyable to read. Yohji's dream with Asuka at the start of chapter three pained my soul. D: andandand... just all of chapter three, really. They're so worried that /I'm/ worried and dreading what's gonna happen! Even though I knew you'd never /really/ kill off our Weiss boys... right? Right? ; ;

Aya, so far, in this story seems more open than I'm used to seeing, but you explain it and it feels right, so I'm not bothered by it at all.

Reading more soon~

-RA, out
RavenDi chapter 13 . 5/6/2007
Are you published yet? Because you surely should be. I was just trawling for a quick fix, didn't intend to get sucked into anything lengthy, and then I found Sacrifice.

I read it start to finish, every word. Superbly done. Even Ken whom you profess to have difficulty writing. : ) Dark, yes, but fantastically so, with a realistic, but necessarily optimistic end.

Terrific job. I look forward to reading your other work.

RavenDi
Chairleg01 chapter 13 . 4/5/2007
I just found your fan fiction. I know you wrote this story some time ago, but I just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed it. I have also read Rain and am looking foward to reading the rest. Thanks so much for your great stories.
zoomboom chapter 12 . 11/18/2006
I’ve just finished your story … WOW…

You know those stuff that go like “ but he still stayed as hot as EVER “

Well , you don’t do that - you don’t “ spear “ your characters from being human ,

I mean , when they were all worried they had human reactions ,Ken got fat , Omi went beachy and Yohji looked like was on drugs (personally I still can’t figure how he hadn’t dropped dead from lunge censer or something , but I’ll let it slide …)

And there was non of those ” beautiful injures “ - Aya got his fucke’n head spilt open !

So it was great !
Jade Fallon chapter 13 . 11/3/2006
You know how most of my reviews go. But oh my gods Tex-chan... This..this is amazing, I have re read this now like three or four times and it gets me to run the full range of emotions. Thankyo0u for protraying all of the Weiss boys as human beings...albeit scary assassin types, but still human. And thank you thankyou THANK YOU for showing yet again the strange relationship between Aya and Youji...
KarisunaHime chapter 13 . 7/9/2006
Wow, I gotta say...this is different. What happened to all the "Weiss boys stick together and care for each other" thing? Wow...Ken is like, all out hating Aya even when he knows what Aya had to do to save his precious Omi. Ken was normal enough in the other ones, and even if he doesn't care like Yohji does, he still watches out for Aya...but this one, wow. And towards the end, I know he kinda accepted the family idea when Aya brought it up, but it seems kinda reluctant or forced on his part. Anyways, still, I can't believe you made his face...have some flaws like that, even if they're not noticable...but, come on, he's hot.
Bladedfan chapter 13 . 5/2/2006
You are... a master of suspense, Tex-chan.

I was at the edge of my seat the entire while, trying to show just enough self-control to keep from jumping down paragraphs to find out what was gonna happen next. You even had me in tears at a couple of parts, and honestly worried at Many others. And the end... it was just SO perfect. I loved it! I loved the entire thing. Right down to that son-of-a-*explicative deleted here,* Harrister.

This is seriously one of the best pieces of writing I've ever read. (And I am So glad I got to gobble it up whole, rather than wait for new chapters to be posted. I would have gone crazy with anticipation!) _'

This is so a fav... *resists urge to start rereading it upon submitting review* ... *knows she is going to fail* ... *can't find the will to care* _ *Grin!*