Reviews for That Old Black Magic
bathtubblogger chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I ADORED this. To tell you the truth, I actually stumbled upon this because I was thinking of writing a Lupin/Tonks drabble by the same name and searched the title to see if anyone else had taken it. This caught my eye and I'm so glad it did.

I've never read Arthur/Molly before, even though it's on my (long!) list of pairings to write, so I clicked on it, thoroughly ignorant of what I was going to read.

To start off what will probably be a very long, extended (and parts of which will possibly be nonessential and of no use to you as a writer) review, I would like to give my three favorite moments.

1) Arthur and his brilliant idea

2) Molly's protests... which turned into non-protests.

3) Bill's wonderful ending scene

I love how you portrayed Arthur exactly as he was in the books: an awkward yet incredibly lovable Muggle-lover who is, even in the midst of the war, still helplessly in love with his wife. (Sorry for that last round of "love" words... I count three in the previous sentence. I'll try to stop.)

I also like how you characterized Molly- she's such a doer and always wants to make everything comfortable for everyone else (in the middle of a war too!) that she completely forgets about herself.

And I like how Arthur recognizes that and brings out the "young" side in her, even if just for a moment.

I LOVED IT when he started singing- totally off key and wonderfully adorable. I also liked how you added that little nugget about their height differences- so endearing. The exchanging of "I love you"s was just perfectly placed.

And for my favorite part! Bill's last scene. What a sweetheart! "There are some things I don't mind sacrificing sleep for." - I just wanted to smush ol' Bill in a big hug! Exquisite ending to a wonderfully presented piece. Short but packs such a punch. There is seriously nothing I would change about this.

Ok I'm done now.

Thanks for the brief respite from the writing of my historical essay, which really should have been finished three hours ago.

I'll looking forward to reading more of you (96 stories! YES)
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Absolutely!
thegoodgirldoll chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
i absolutely loved this! Bill was so adorable at the end, and i love dhow you protrayed molly and arhtur, it amazes me how much they love each other.

God bless

felicia
Alesia G chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
Quite excellent. I do love a good Molly and Arthur piece. This is one of the best.
Nellie Loves You chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
E! This made me an extremely happy girl. Molly and Arthur are just about my favorite characters in the Harry Potter fandom. Quite seriously one of my favorite pairs, as they're so different. Molly is super mom, and Arthur is such an endearing, almost awkward, scatter brained sort of guy. And any scene that brings their two completely different personalities together perfectly, gets a pie.

So you get a pie. (P.S. I added you to my AIM buddy list, if you don't mind?)
ProudMuggleGirl chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
Ah Bill is such a good son, nice young lad ought to spend more time "Educating fleur in the English Tongue" thoughm if he wants to keep up with the kid qouta his parents no doubt have for him.
mum-to-you chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
I read this awhile back when it was first posted, but never got around to reviewing. Needless to say, I enjoyed it very much. It's exactly the sort of Arthur and Molly story I like to write, so I wholeheartedly approve. I, like you, am of the opinion that they are very much in love, and all the stories that have Molly paired with Merlin-knows-who are just silly. Well done, Mandy!
NetMarie chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
How swet!
egor11572 chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
That was adorable! Great job! I especially enjoyed how it ended! ;) It was cute, and nobody was out of character.
pdlegirl chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
That was...wow. Thank you. It's been awhile since I've read something that's made me this emotional. Incredible. Keep writing!
DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Aw, how sweet. That was very good.
Molly W chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
ah, yay Bill, what a thoughtful son.

MW
Restless Wind chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Wonderful! You captured personalities wonderrully, and I love that song! -hums-
Disneydoll0424 chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
That was very sweet. Bill is such a good son. It was the perfect way to end the fic.
Kerrymdb chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
All I can say is aw! That was so touching. Yay for Molly and Arthur! I love all the Weasley stories you've written. :)