Reviews for Redemption
Maitimo chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
I think I love you, Vana.

(And yep, by the time they attacked Doriath, Himring was lost and they lived in Ossiriand, but I love this tale the same).
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
*sulks* Every time I read another brilliant spin on these characters, I say, "I'm going to write one of those," and after another fruitless interrogation of the Maglor-Elrond-Elros muse, I go off to think of something else. (Forgive the rant.)

One quibble:

"For years then Maedhros and I remained in Himring, faring never forth."

What? After the Nirnaeth, Maedhros lived on Amon Ereb in Ossiriand, right?

I loved the prophetic line about Elrond and Elros ruling "not by the sword but by wisdom and peace."

"In the end they shall be my redemption."

Not quite, because he'll go off and break into Eonwe's camp after all. But in a way, it's true, because raising them will be the one good thing he did that lasted. "To evil end shall all things come that ye begin well . . ." Or will they? Hmm, the Doom of Mandos does not quite play out.
BanbieBunny chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
Did you know that Maedhros looked for those poor abandoned kids? He must have felt devastated when he found .'s sevants were jerks.
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
Go you!

Yes, I'm on a high... I think I get this way when I discover certain people here FF (!)

But I'm ever glad you wrote this.

"I choose to believe that my delay was one of prudence and wisdom."- I like how you wrote that he chooses to believe; vs. making it fact. Does that make sense? Makes Maglor so much more vulnerable...
Ellfine chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
This is really good! I love the progression of feeling and the way in which our character plans to "redeem" himself. Very well done! Can't wait to read more of your work!
Noldo chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
A lovely interpretation of this scene.

You're right - this part of the Silmarillion often gets missed. Perhaps people are a but harassed by the time they reach the end?

You should perhaps replace this chapter's text, as all your apostrophes have been converted into these '' things somehow. One of the more mysterious bugs of ...

Still, it's good to see a story where Maglor and Maedhros aren't horrid unrepentant monsters. Very well done.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Lovely, and not at all what I expected. Your characterization of Maglor is perfect. Having Nimloth kill Caranthir was an interesting choice; I'd never really thought about her as a warrior. Thank you for the new view of her character.

One nitpick - there's some sort of formatting error that turns your apostrophes to equal signs. Other than that, though, I have no complaints. Welcome to my favorites list.
Morwen Eleniel chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
Gorgeous. Wonderful writing, characterization. I have one nitpick and that's about those equal signs scattered here and there. No worries, however. Beautiful ending "In the end, they shall be my redemption." I love it, keep writing!

Namarie!

Morwen Eleniel
Eruannath chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
Ahh! What a joy to recieve an alert of a new story by Vana Tuivana! :)

I love this one. It is full of passion and the ending... The ending is particularly good: "They shall be builders, teachers, rulers not by the sword but by wisdom and peace. And by their lives they shall be repentance for my life. In the end they shall be my redemption."

That's so beautiful.

Yay! for Vana and her stories! They're always so beautiful :)

I cannot help to admit that I thought this particular idea (that I know you had in mind for a long time) you were going to develop it in a more story/action way. But in the way you wrote it, as an account of Maglor and his deeds, it's very effective.
Elfique chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
its nice. glad you actually wrote this after all the thinking. : )