Reviews for My Father's Son
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 6 . 5/6/2009
Wow ... I hadn't seen that coming either. Really unexpected, but done in a nice way. I especially like the ending where Jack talks to Will about his father at his grave. Very heartfelt.
Loraine chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
Will was a ghost? Totally did not see that coming! Excellent story, mate. You surprise me continually by how creative and prolific you are (it takes me forever to write just one little thing). Great job, and keep 'em coming!
dreamofdesire chapter 6 . 6/19/2004
I'm sorry that I didn't review the last chapter last night when you posted it. My mom made me get off line. I can't believe that the story is over! Are you writing another sequel? Please say that you are. Jack and Ana need to have a kid! Please write the sequel(if there is going to be one) really soon.
JackFan2 chapter 6 . 6/19/2004
Jack having kids? HAHAHAHAHa.. scary.. but cute! The only thing scarier would be a pregnant Ana in all her hormonal imbalances during that nine month period. LOL..

Yes.. loved this ending. Truly wonderful!
Savvy Rum Drinker chapter 5 . 6/19/2004
You sure are a Jack torture fan. . . . But guess what! So am I! Rock on mate!
JackFan2 chapter 5 . 6/19/2004
HE HIT JACK WITH A CHAIR! ARGH! I'd shiver his timbers FOR SURE! Richard would be dead, SHOULD BE DEAD! Ohh, I really and truly HATE that man! HE HIT JACK WITH A CHAIR.. TWICE! ESH!

*clears throat*.. ok.. *takes deep breath*.. I'm trying to get it under control. YOu really did an amazing job in that flashback.. poor Jack.. I was nearly in tears too! But it was quickly replaced by anger... You've done a great job of creating emotional response here.. particularly mine!

Sorry I didn't review chapter 4 sooner.. you DO post so quickly! LOL.. but i love it. I'll try to do better.

Keep up the wonderful work here! Ohh.. and you know the ending? LOL.. glad to hear that! Can't wait to read ALL of it!

JackFan2 chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
Sunburn? E.. *groans in sympathy*.. dreadfully sorry, mate. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Good chapter, though. Even with a fried face and all, good chapter. Loved the doubts that Jack was going through about William's lack of assistance in the mutiny. Angsty.. love that.

Ohh you updated twice! YIPPIE.. Now I have two brilliant chapters to read... off to number 5!

dreamofdesire chapter 4 . 6/18/2004
Yay, Bootstrap is alive.I'm so happy. Cannon fire? What the hell! Just when I thought everything was all fine an dandy. Did I just say dandy? Wow, I did. Anyways, update soon.
JackFan2 chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
Oh great chapter, mate.

The flashback to the night Barbossa and crew decided to maroon Jack was chilling. Especially how Jack kept glancing at William to see if he'd do something. I couldn't imagine Jack would want Bootstrap TO help as he has a wife and child to think about. I'd always imagined that Jack sensed trouble before the mutiny and that Bootstrap KNEW about the impending trouble and the two men discussed the possibility. Jack would end the conversation telling Boostrap 'You've a wife and wee one to go back to, William. Don't do anything stupid, no matter what happens.' hehehehe.. isn't Jack so gallant..? - sorry.. there I go putting my head into your story... sorry, 's not my place.

I love how Ana even has an idea that something bad will happen. Femal intuition is a powerful thing but I imagine that much of anything that reminds Ana that she is completely female is a little unsettling for her. I can totally see her snapping at the crew in her confusion. Excellent job there.

I LOVED THE NET! Terrific idea!

Alright, mate. Fantastic chapter, as per usual. You know, you are improving from story to story. You're writing is getting more filled in, more indepth.

Keep up the excellent work!
dreamofdesire chapter 3 . 6/17/2004
Why is Ana all irritated? I think I know why, but I'm not gonna say anything. Is that Bootstrap that did that to Will and Jack? Please update when you can. Oh, and good luck on your painting.
dreamofdesire chapter 2 . 6/17/2004
Ohh. I really like! Bootstrap might be alive? Yay! Please update as soon as you can.
JackFan2 chapter 2 . 6/17/2004
WOW.. No one has ever given' me a chapter when I just merely asked for it. I'm touched.. in the head, mostly.. but honored, mostly.

"I take it I'm pickin' up the treasure snipe?" Jack mumbled. hehehe.. tha's a great use of what we discussed.. You did tha wonderfully.

"Nothin' illegal!" Jack interjected. "I don' think..." HAHA.. great characterization of Jack.. not to commital to NOT doing something illegal.

Oh... the flashback scens between William and Rebecca where heart-wrenching. Sad and poignent. I really liked how you wove them into the story.

"It's something I have to do," Will repeated gently. "It won't be long, will it, Jack?"

"'Course not." Déjà vu all over again. *snicker*.. very funny, mate.

"I left London when I was fourteen because Richard took a club to me head," Jack stated ! Ok.. I like Richerd EVEN LESS NOW! GEESH!

"William told me one evenin' before the mutiny – we were standin' right 'round 'ere – tha' 'e was sorry I'd probably never meet you." Jack paused, straitening up from where he was leaning and looking Will square in the eye. "I'm glad 'e was wrong." Ohh.. *sighs*.. now that was a wonderful way to end your chapter.

Wow.. You're just kinda making this up as you go along? I'm TOTALLY envious of that ability. I simply can't. If I can't visualize it before I write it, it doesn't get written. You and Rat are in the same class, mate. Great characterization and flawless execution.

I'll not beg another chapter.. don't wanna kill ye. You're as bloody worn out as I am, and don't wanna exhaust the author.

More when you can!
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
OH. that was a very VERY good start. The conversation between Jack and Will, so solomn, so subdued, so sad.. I could feel the sorrow in it, the loss and regret on both men.

Ok.. Next chapter please *holds out hand expectantly*