Reviews for Bond of Sun and Moon
meh chapter 15 . 3/30
Urgh. I really enjoyed the story up to this point. This was a little too rapey. I'm not going to even finish reading the rest.
BVB chapter 19 . 1/7
Best. Labyrinth fic. Ever.
Well-written, engaging and emotional.
Some bits were a bit confusing (like why Jareth got so angry in the dream) but it doesn't really detract from the story.
Can't wait to read the next one.
jennipea chapter 10 . 1/5/2014
Seeing as this story was written nearly a decade ago, I'm aware of the fact that your writing style most likely has changed drastically in the meantime, and you therefore may not feel inclined to give a damn about any opinions expressed about it. However, I quite admire your skill, and so on the off chance that you do in fact give a goes:

I am a huge fan of Labyrinth and there is a disappointing dearth of any slash fics in the fandom, much less well-written and/or lengthy ones such as this. However, after several attempts over the years to read this story and the subsequent stories in the series, I have finally been able to put a finger on why it is that I keep stopping before I've finished; Toby's homophobia is quite jarring and seems out of place in a character that is being presented as the supposed embodiment of innocence and light. It really prevents him from being a sympathetic character, and therefore, I have a hard time caring what happens to him. Bigotry is not something I think ought to be rewarded with a sexy Goblin King.

I suppose that I could forgive him for it if you had given any kind of warning that it was going to be there before I started reading, so that I could have incorporated that nasty piece of his personality into my pre-conceived notions of what a story about Jareth bonding to a grown-up Toby would entail.

Unfortunately, you spent so much time warning your readers about the presence of slash (I personally feel that same-sex relationships shouldn't need to come with a warning, but that's neither here nor there) and rape, you seem to have forgotten to warn against the derogatory language and frankly insulting connotations a main character would use in reference to homosexuality. Toby casually tosses around the word "faggot" and, when he thinks of eunuchs, is immediately reminded of the Dreaded Gay. So, in his mind, homosexuality equals castration? Really? That is so, so offensive, and I don't even own a set of balls.

As you have failed to post a warning for this kind of thing, I am given to wonder if perhaps you are even aware of the bigotry of your own character? I would hate to think that a writer of slash would be that oblivious, but unfortunately, even people who consider themselves free of backward thinking often have some odd notions creeping about their subconscious.
maliceofhumansacrifice chapter 19 . 7/14/2013
This reminds me of a demented version of Beauty and the Beast. Was that intentional?
deideiblueeyez chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
Aaaaaaah, snap! God this is getting goood o_o
Nekoiiki chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
"Hmmm! Do you," Jareth stepped closer, "get dreams, sometimes sexual and sometimes not, in which a particular male- who you cannot truly see- is always present?" He held his arms out to the side. "And who exactly do I remind you of?"

My reaction: "Oh my god! Get away from me you dreamstalker!"
Guest chapter 3 . 5/9/2011
You have no idea how long I've been combing the archives for a well written smut story! I finally found one in a fandom I never thought to look in. You write beautifully. I can't wait to read more!
Trinite chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I found this story around two pm yesterday and -could not- stop reading until I finished it around twelve midnight last night. Not only is this one of the highest ranking stories I've ever read, it is without a doubt the best Labyrinth story ever written.

I watched Labyrinth when I was about nine or ten years old, and I was fascinated. I always wondered what happened to Jareth and I'm overjoyed that I found this story. Mad props for the creativity and patience to write this story. Thank you for writing it!
Mistress Lorescien chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
Okay, so I' just too damn lazy to sign in, but I HAVE to use my penname to comment on this...

I LOVE IT. And when Toby's dad told Jareth to just take him away for being most likely homo if not merely bisexual, I started to cry. Nothin in the world makes me angrier and sadder than for people to hates others for who they are. You did a beautiful job with the emotions, love.

Now, on to reading more! :D
RubyQuinn chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Just gotta send you some awesome praise for this series. I read this months ago (before I got an account) and it was absolutely wonderful! I love the pairing, and your writing is wonderful! I'm very glad to have read it.
Zombie chapter 19 . 4/30/2008
Aww I loved the way you added "Rock 'n Roll Suicide" to the end of the last chapter.

It made me all giddy and happy. I loves me some Bowie. _
crazygrl90 chapter 7 . 4/25/2008

i luvers it
DaisyQueen chapter 4 . 9/15/2007
I never read one where Toby was bonded instead of Sarah. This should be interesting.
Flying Platypus chapter 19 . 5/1/2007
ah! finaly, a good, long toby/jerith fic! so happy! for some reason everyone seems to think Jerith belongs with sarah, but consitering the tights, mullet, and random bursts of singing and dancing... well. david bowie should always be with a guy...

:) smile
Httw chapter 3 . 4/30/2007
oh what terrible mayhem and bad parting! the woe! the woe! *grins in glee* i absolutely love this story i'll have you know! and im enjoying rereading it! *cackles in grand amuesment*