Reviews for The Call of the Sea
elin chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This story is cute, its a nice ' reinterpretation'
In contrast to many other stories it is also well written :)
Agent007Tomato chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This was a lovely tale. Fits so well with the warning Galadriel had given to Legolas of the cry of the gull.

A beautiful read.

Thank you.
the.shrewd.ravenclaw chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
I can't comprehend how this got flames. I loved the plot and originality, it was very sweet. I would tell you to improve however to add more detail such as; physical characterization, details of events, and description. Still it was amazing.
quillerton chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Well, i loved it! Its very sweet, and the plot was in a good outline. Okay, i have some suggestions to make. First of all, i really do think that you should make the first half of the story more detailed. Legolas should have thought much more when he first saw his lady, surely! BUT, i loved your story a lot. Im not a great writer myself so i might not know what its really like, but i think youve really got a talent for writing! please keep up the work! And ignore the hypocritical flamers. :-)
bookworm97 chapter 1 . 9/8/2007

Larry1710 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
You're very defensive! I liked it though, it was very sweet and compotently written. If you want to improve it, then you would have to do more characterisation I would mentioned Legolas' father sending elleth his way, which you could make funny/bittersweet etc. There is a lot you could do with it.

It was very cute, after I read it I thought, "Aw!"
SeeJaye chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
:) well i for one like loved it! really awesome so sweet and so touchy LOVED IT

sarah chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
omg people need to shut up and get a life! that story was AWESOME! i loved it! i read it 4 times in a row! who cares if it isnt true to the character/story? its fanfiction for cryin out lout! its not supposed to b! thanx for the awesome fic! *hugs* ~Sarah
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Oh my goodness! You got flames for that? It was beautiful! So sweet and brilliant! What a wonderful plot bunny! So what it's AU...that is why you put AU! I hate people who cut on others for obviously AU's YOUR story to do as you please, not theirs, and in this case whoever flamed you is an idiot!

You have great talent! Beautifully only complaint is you need to finish it, expound more in the beginning and throughout and then take us through these two getting to know each other. What a wonderful MAGNIFICENT little gem! Please keep writing, you have a gift!

Fan81981 chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Hm - I can see why there were hissy fits about this fic. It introduces a new female character which Legolas falls in love with, and it changes canon - and a particularly poignant canon fact at that. That said, I would contend that the interpretation of Galadriel's warning is possible - and the idea of elves being able to recognise their soul mates at first sight, particularly delicious. It was well written for the most part - at little abrupt in the transition between the meeting and 50 years passing. I think a paragraph or before you see Legolas again would make it flow better. You could also bring in the fact that he has made a promise to Aragorn which is why he can't leave.

Not a bad attempt - I would be interested in you writing a longer fic exploring the same theme. How would have Legolas have lived in ME if his love had sailed, and if he had so little time with her.
Rai - Chan 16 chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
It's not bad, but you might want to update it by a long shot. If you don't update stories then it can make new readers get bored easily. Just my thought, but don't listen to me. I am Raistlin Majere's apprentice for crist's sake. lol :) keep it up.
NEGATIV ELEMENT chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
it is fun
Earthbender2010 chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
good! i'ma hyper self esteem booster! i LOVED it! no clue why...(i'm not a big fan of Legomances.) but THAT was GOOD!really! no lie no joke!

(i'm off to read ur other reviews)Latita!
lateBloomer04 chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
That was adorable! Even if it is not 'realistic', that's what our imagination is for, to create wonderful fantasies about the power of love. For being a novice writer, it was pretty good. The more you write, the more you'll improve. I went back and read my first fic and laughed; I KNOW I've improved since then. As for flamers, try and ignore them - but it's hard. I had a few on my Troy story reviews. Btw, thanks for reviewing my KoH story. ;)
DJ chapter 1 . 5/11/2005