Reviews for Lying to Dragons
Nightwings chapter 12 . 2/9
*sigh* Why do you people always insist on ending your stories on a wild cliff-hanger and then keep them on an irritatingly long hiatus?
To be perfectly frank, I'm a little put out by it and I would appreciate if you would update sometime.

*takes deep breath* Alright, look. I'm sorry. That was rather rude of me, wasn't it? I didn't mean it to come out quite so harsh.
You have a life too, outside of a fandom, and I truly did enjoy the story- it was quite engaging. I had been looking fruitlessly for ANY story that involved the wizards not being the villains, and this one hit the nail in the head. So well done, Mellon-nin.
But please, please, PLEASE, for the love of all that is good and just, please update!
Please, mo chara... (Irish for 'my friend')
Lugumees chapter 12 . 9/2/2014
Very impressive! The charm of the Enchanted Forest series was always that it involved one group of people slavishly following stereotypes and a handful of "sane" people who rejected those stereotypes. Given how heavily the official series stereotyped the wizards, it's nice to see one breaking his official role.

And honestly, I like your writing better than some of the official novels. Several of them got so bogged down with talk that there was almost no room for actual action. Your chapters keep things moving.

More, please!
Silimaira chapter 12 . 5/11/2013
If this story ever starts updating again, I can tell you that at least one person will be deliriously happy. Still. I enjoyed reading this, and I enjoyed the characters even more.
Quiet Moon chapter 12 . 8/25/2012
Oh my god. How could you stop it there? You-you-you cruel author you!

-deflates- Obviously, I think this is amazing and would probably cry tears of joy if you updated again, but in the end, it's your choice. But really, I'd love an update.

Anyway. Trey is adorable, especially with his conversational death threat to Rathan. Rathan is completely right too; Effie does have him wrapped around her fingers to the point of almost patheticness. Effie's denial is both frustrating and endearing; it contributes to her actions and personality, which make Trey trip over himself even more. In whatever plot you may have thought of to follow this, I do hope she made it out of the audience chamber without witnessing Kazul breath a terrifying amount of fire like in Calling on Dragons.

Seriously, this story is awesome (if my abuse of adverbs didn't sufficiently convey that).
princessofwarriors chapter 12 . 2/1/2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWW thats all so cute! sorry just had to get that out of my system. Tray would probably make a better magician you know. I love Effie and can't wait for Morwen Telemair and The royal family of the enchanted forest to show up
Crowsister chapter 12 . 11/19/2011
This story is amazing. If you do pick it up again, I'll read it. You have me addicted. Your characters are just so...deep. It's something I'm not used to finding on the Internet and it's extremely refreshing.

If you ever need anyone to bounce ideas off of, I'd be glad to be of assistance.
GhostWriter1864 chapter 12 . 3/14/2011
...Oh. My. God! That was so good! It was like actually reading one of the real books... Why didn't you finish it?... I just looked at the last update date... That was FOUR YEARS AGO! Are you trying to kill me? Please continue! It's really good!
Rose88 chapter 12 . 10/6/2010
Aack! This story is fantastic but I see it's been stalled for years :( Well, I'm going to assume a happy ending. Great job with getting the tone of the original stories, & also creating complex characters and allowing some gray area into the situation between wizards and dragons! Hope you write again sometime _
WickedWillows chapter 12 . 5/26/2010
This was wonderful! I hope you'll finish it someday - it's like stopping in the middle of a book! I just wanna know how it ends! :D
Linnorria chapter 12 . 8/14/2008
hmm... I don't suppose you intend to continue this story? it's a lot of fun to read, and I'd love to see how it ends.
Pendragon2 chapter 12 . 7/4/2008
Wow, really great story! I'm officially in love with Trey, and I'll totally take him if Effie doesn't wise up soon!

LunaSphere chapter 10 . 4/5/2008
Haha, I know exactly what you mean about the giddy-for-reviews reaction! Besides, your story is delightful, and deserves plenty more. Ah, the "better than the originals" might have stemmed from a recent rereading of the books-I first read them a decade ago. Rereading them recently, it was a little disappointing how Wrede falls into all the same sexist drivel she's trying to write of her story. It left me feeling disgruntled. Hence, well-written fanfic was a much needed balm to my bruised childhood memories.

Trey is really awesome, and I agree with the psychology you've granted him-and even in a universe like Enchanted Forest, I think it's necessary. It's a hard thing to do, to make a good wizard after all the Antorell's or what not. What's even better (at least in my opinion) is the complexity of the entire situation between the wizards that you get into in the later chapters. It seems so *real*-of course they're not going to all have the same motives, and of course all those motives aren't going to be transparent, and of course some of those motives might be potentially dangerous or problematic. This may sound like a total left-field comparison, but it makes me think of certain aspects of American politics, and how politics make strange bedfellows. Like small coalitions forming between Evangelicals and liberal environmentalists for conservation legislation because some Evangelicals have that Christian Stewardship obsession about nature. And so they can work together for this one goal even though in other (even closely related areas) they would be at each others' throats. Ok, that was totally a (perhaps incomprehensible) digression.

Now to make this actually reviewish and relevant to ch. 10. I love the way you write adolescent male dragons. It is so hilarious and spot on! I mean, for adolescent males, not that I know any dragons...
LunaSphere chapter 11 . 4/4/2008
I was going to reply to your review reply via the FF PM but then, I thought, "What ff author *doesn't* appreciate another notch to add to their number of reviews?"

I do hope to see more of this, but really no pressure. It's really been a pleasure to read.

What I love most about this fic is the way you deal with so many of the troubling stereotypes that the Searching for Dragons books fall into so easily. It always kind of irritated me that all wizards were always evil, and only magicians could be potentially good. And so in a lot of ways, the Dragon books solidified a whole new level of stereotypes even as they tried to play with, bend, or break certain others (ie what's expected of princesses).

At any rate, blathering aside, I just wanted to say what I love about your story is how it seems to be very much a natural extension of the series. With your delightful characterizations, excellent sense of humor, and innovative ideas, I've liked it even more than the originals.
LunaSphere chapter 12 . 4/4/2008
much enjoyed and greatly impressed. looking forward to more.
LunaSphere chapter 2 . 4/4/2008