Reviews for Lines Crossed
Tabbycat chapter 28 . 2/1/2015
I loved this fic! I thought the writing was beautiful, the plot was simple enough that I could follow everything and different to other similar fics, and the character development was brilliant. Something I loved about it was it didn't conform to any of the tropes I've seen in a lot of Harmony fanfiction. Often I find that either Harry or Hermione is simplified, watered-down to their strongest characteristic. Harry becomes either brave and protective or angry and foolhardy, Hermione either smart and essential or physically weak and puppy-loving. This fic challenged these stereotypes and made both of them into whole characters, with flaws but also with strengths, and equal partners. That, I really appreciated. Also, thankyou for all my favourite pairings - Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna and Ginny/Neville. Ginny/Neville in particular was written beautifully. And your (slightly snide) comments on why some of the other pairings wouldn't work out were much appreciated. I am completely in accord with you on Ron/Hermione (Heron shippers say Harry and Hermione have a brother/sister relationship and Ron and Hermione have URST. They have that completely the wrong way round. Ron and Hermione bicker like brother and sister, are constantly at each other's throats, and Ron gets jealous/angry when other people get close to Hermione. That's a brother/sister relationship like I've never seen it before!) I thought your comments on Harry/Ginny and Harry/Cho were great as well :) And Ron/Luna - suffice to say you left me dreaming even harder that it was canon! Thanks so much for writing a beautiful fic.
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 20 . 2/1/2015
i love your Dumbledore
"have we painted in here" brilliant!
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 19 . 2/1/2015
Mam
you got the Teenage boy hormonal Relationship thing DOWN
i'm Super impressed because i don't even remember what it was like to be a hormonal teenage male
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 10 . 2/1/2015
okay..
being a guy i shouldn't say this.. but i can not contain it any longer
AWEEEE
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
i'm Totally in love with your fiction after that Chapter, IF J.K put them together, i could seriously see it happening EXACTLY like that, almost by accident
damn good Show.
-Jesse-
AurorMartinez23 chapter 28 . 12/25/2014
OH MY GOD! Its been a long time since a story has captured my attention. For MONTHS, i've been looking for something to read. And nothing has caught my attention like your story had. It was so brilliant and I loved it so much. It made me laugh a lot especially with Ron and Luna. Also made me cry, that angst. Just simply love it and Hr/H is one of my OTPs. So that was a bonus. (:
TheButterflyComposer chapter 28 . 12/23/2014
Not too shabby...not too shabby at all.
In fact, I think this might be the first semi-realistic Harmony story I've read (which by design means it's infuriating in places because of the goddam angsting), but I liked it.
I'll see you in the sequel.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 7 . 12/22/2014
I nearly threw the iPad across the room when Harry was stupid enough to think giving away his Firebolt would fix his friendship. For christ's sake, he might not know anything about love, but he must know about friendship by now.

Otherwise, going well so far.
daithi4377 chapter 2 . 11/9/2014
LOL just tell him...he will go ballistic, yell, scream, insult try and turn everyone against them then something will happen and he will suddenly become their best friend again. Same as almost every other year.
daithi4377 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Poor Harry and Hermoine pretty bad when just a simple kiss can't even be enjoyed because of worry over a jealous friend.
El Hazardus chapter 28 . 11/6/2014
Ten years ago, I read through this series thinking it was, bar none, the best Harry Potter fanfiction I had ever seen. I also realize that given your inactivity for over seven years on both this site and , it's highly unlikely that you'll ever see this review. But I wanted to offer a retrospective review nonetheless.

The Good.

As an author, you have the uncanny ability to immerse your readers and get them emotionally invested in the story you've written. No matter what twists and turns you threw into the tale, I was at the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen to Harry and Hermione next. And no matter how dark the story got, you always made sure to give us, your readers, the exact kind of happy ending we had been hoping for.

The Bad.

There's so much angst in your story that it borders on being melodramatic. Reading the story now, all the yelling, screaming, and fighting does tend to wear one down. This is the kind of story that one has to get really emotionally invested in and not approach with expectations of instant gratification.

Final Verdict?

The story is still good ten years later. In some ways it's stood the test of time and in other ways it hasn't(in particular, all the drama and fighting have NOT aged too well). Of course, I'm a different person now than I was ten years ago when I first got into this series, so it's only natural that I'd view this fic somewhat differently than before. But all criticisms aside, this is still at its core, a good story that tugs at the heartstrings. It's clear that you put a lot of hard work and dedication to this story. Chances are you'll probably never read this but I still want to tell you that this story is a job well done.
codyw1 chapter 27 . 11/5/2014
This is still a great story. Shame you don't write anymore.
Dude man chapter 28 . 9/12/2014
Plz sequel plz sequel plz sequel plz sequel plz sequel
Dudeman chapter 11 . 9/11/2014
Keep on writing these stories because you r an awesome writer goldy :-)
Lisa1312 chapter 28 . 8/5/2014
When you start on that sequel could you please also let us know by posting a note here?

I cant wait to read it! :)
504 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »