Reviews for Peace and Quiet
Gage39 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
This story was so good! Not many people read (or write) stories for the original Battlestar Galactica. I am very glad that you did though. This story was a work of art. It was extremely well-written and in character for all of them.

I felt sorry for Boomer though. He's going to be waiting an awful long time for Starbuck and Apollo to return. Who knows? Maybe he'll meet up with them again on the Ship of Light.

I hope so.

Really, really good story! Keep up the awesome writing!
Ranuel chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I'm realizing that it's been way too many years for me to remember some of the details of the end of the series, like how Apollo and Starbuck really died/were written out, but this feels like something that could happen and I love your handling of Boomer.
AnnaO chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I don't think that Boomer had any sexual jealousy of Starbuck or Apollo. When they met in the Academy, Boomer's fresh in from an outer Colony and feeling very lonely and out of place: the friendship he makes with Apollo and Starbuck anchors him and becomes a central facet to his life - he'll just never be as close to either of them as they are to each other. That's where the jealousy comes from. And at the end, he's grieving for the loss of his two best friends.

And I really wish had some capacity for author replies!

Thanks for reading.

Ineie chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
I feel very dumb in asking, but what was Boomer feeling in the story? At the beginning, he just seemed to want their kind of friendship, but was I picking up something more toward the end? Or was that just an example of male camaderie?
StarryDiadem chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
My own fault for not making it clear in the summary that there is a smidgeon of an implied relationship here. I've amended it so that other people who do not like slash don't inadvertantly read it.

My thanks, Michael, for the kind things you say in the review about the stories.

Michael E. Werner chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
I have now read some of your stories posted here on , and I must say that despite your talent for writing well, I am disappointed with your depiction of Starbuck and Apollo being gay, or lovers, or anything of the sort. I realize that in this modern day and age of acceptance, that perhaps those things are possible, but we already have a solid character background based on these two individuals and the traits with which they are prone to react with. These traits and the actions of these characters are just the things that fans have come to know and appreciate about Starbuck and Apollo, and any deviation in this direction in regards to their friendship and the idiosyncrasies of their relationship as friends(especially in the way you have described it), is highly unappreciated. Please for the sake of the characters not being subject to our downfalls here on Earth, cease and desist with the depiction of Starbuck and Apollo being in the least bit gay. As I stated before I believe that you have tremendous talent in regards to the humor involved in your stories, the layout of the scenes, and the overall quality of your writings as a whole, but I will, relunctantly of course, no longer subject myself to reading material suggesting that the above mentioned characters are in any way, shape, form or, or even any close facsimile thereof. Again I hope that you will see this as constructive criticism, and NOT gay bashing. We, as fans as well(some of the people I have shown your work to), were happy with the characters as they were in the show. Their strengths and commitment to being who they were should be stressed about further in your writings. Your flavor of what you think they should be as characters is rather uninviting to a true Galactica fan.
AnnaO chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Er - no. What chat list is that? Claire and I moved the BSGslash list off Yahoo a couple of years ago, and onto a new, completely slash-friendly host at Squidge, so I haven't been haunting Yahoo much at all (for BSG stuff anyway. I'm still a member of a few LoTR lists there).

Let me know what the list is and I'll drop by.

Taralon chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
You were at that last BSG yahoo group chat weren't you? Weren't you! Just kidding, but the basis of that fic is so close to what we were discussing at one point. Anyways, well written, very much so, and I don't usually say that about things written about that pairing. (Because for the most part its overdone in its brutal being there.) You've pulled it off artfully, and tactfully.