Reviews for The story behind the captain
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Oh, very nice. That would, indeed, explain how he became captain so young. I like that little lesson in there, about a life is a life. That sure does explain Jack's mannerisms in the movie quite well.
Loraine chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Aack! I only just found this! Sorry! *grins sheepishly* Great story, mate. Guess now I'll have to go and read your series from the beginning so I'll know what's what (read the first chapter of your most recent one at Black Pearl Scrolls). Anyhow, wonderful work. I especially loved the last bit as Anamaria is asking for Jack's two cents. "Does the story have mermaids or sea turtles in it?" "Nah, just two very good men." Excellent!
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
Really nice look back at how Jack might have gotten his hands on the Pearl.

But the end.. that really got to me, lol, as all the Jack/Ana moments usually do.

Jack grinned at this, pulling her closer. “What say you we take this conversation to my cabin, eh?
Kayez chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
Wow, this is a really interesting read.

I like how you played this one off, I was really sad for yound Jack at the beginning, the poor boy having to watchi his father die and not knowing what was about to happen at first. It was so heartpulling.

I liked how the Captian of the Pearl was worried for Jack as well, aren't we all just suckers for his looks and charm?

I was really interested by your idea on how Jack became the Captain at a young age, I too believe that Jack would've been very adamant about who was on the Pearl, even if she wasn't his at the time.

Great job, it was awesome!
Miran Anders chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Very interesting! I liked the characterizations... and I'm halfway into Jack's background myself (totally different, go figure!). I liked the young Jack very much. Thanks! -Miran
dreamofdesire chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I like it! Please write another one soon.