Reviews for Father, Captain, and King
KyMahalei chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
This is an excellent piece, and quite provocative in its content. I'm working on my own story, Another Road, that takes Legolas and Thranduil at a much younger time in Legolas' life, and it's encouraging to find another writer that writes such a strong and loving Thranduil character. It's been a long time since I've read your work, Thundra, so I see that I'm going to have to do some digging around and enjoy more of the stories you have to offer.

Thanks for sharing your gift of writing.
kingofrock1973 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
i know this is a random review because you wrote this years ago, but i just now found it so... that was really good! and really sweet without being over the top, you handled the emotions between father and son well. good job with this story.
je m'appelle chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This was a really sweet story; it's beautifully written. You've portrayed both Legolas and Thranduil very well. Great job.
Rhys chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
That was astonishingly beautiful.

And heart-wrenching and illuminating, as well. Your insight into Mirkwood and its torments, and how they play upon the Elves within its trees, was wonderful to read. Your presentation of duty versus family in regards to Mirkwood's royalty was absolutely perfect. I find a fresh appreciation for the Hobbit in your words-your elegant, delightful words. Simply incredible.
aotearoan chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Two things I really liked about this well-written fanfic- the positive portrayal of Thranduil, and the accurate (in my opinion) way you've described what a difficult situation the Mirkwood elves are in
bjelka chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Wonderful... and at the same time so very sad...

You could have broken off this story before they got back to the palace, that would have been a happy end. But for incomprehensible reason I'm glad you didn't.
fangirl29 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
exquisitely written (wipes tears from eyes)
Tari Surion chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Aww, this is a wonderful father son ficlet.

Hope to read more of your work!

~*~Tari,
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
I really liked this story... I liked the idea of Legolas with a bunch of older siblings and a loving if normally somewhat preoccupied father. :)

Are you going to be writing more stories about the Mirkwood royals?
Starlit jewel chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Oh, this is a great story! I love it! It's so sweet and yet it also shows the hardships fo being a leader. Thank you so much for writing this!
Vampiress-Alexiel chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
ah man, that was beautiful. I absolutely love this story, it almost made me cry when Thranduil answered "no!" Excellent job, and thanks for writing this, it really made me stop and remember my own family :).
Anearin chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
that is a sweet story! although its sad that it only lasted a moment, and not a lifetime, though I suppose that life in Mirkwood was like that, unfortunately. But a great story!

Anearin
Heart's Whisper chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Beautiful... absolutely beautiful.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
Another wonderful story, Thank you for posting it!
LegolasLover621 chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
I logged in just to add you to my favorite Authors list and for good reason. You did this fic with a brillance few could achieve and put value on many tings, with hidden meanings underlying it all. Family would come first in any life or death situation or when soimply needed most but sometimes family had to be put second, no matter how grudgingly, for greater good. You put that feeling across most definatly to me as well as many others that arise after contemplation. As always your fics involve a certain need to think, Profound. Continue to write.

Your fan from now and everonward,

~Jane~