Reviews for Father, Captain, and King
Beautiful. Just beautiful. :-) Thanks for sharing it. *sniffle*
Idhreniel chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Wonderful! Truly wonderful.
LittleLoopy25 chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
oh my lord! That was amazing! I don't know where you get your ideas, but they just turn into the most amazing stories I've ever read. I absolutely LOVED this story. Please keep up the good work- im afraid Ive become addicted to your work!
Mercredi chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
A perfect story for Father's Day. Thank you.
Mercredi chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
A perfect story for Father's Day. Thank you.
Bell-Dell chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Your stories are amazing! There not many stories that revolve around the relationship between Thranduil and Legolas, which after reading this, is a shame...Great job!
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Oh. *sniff* That was a gorgeous piece of work. I'm deeply touched, and I even became a little teary-eyed at the end (which for me is a big thing). I hope you don't mind if I print this story off.

Thanks for writing of something that we too often forget, the gift of family-even in times of hardship.
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Your description of what the Shadow was doing to Mirkwood was very well done. It must have been heartbreaking for Thranduil to see Greenwood reduced so far from what it had been when he first saw it.

It was a very touching moment between Thranduil and Legolas. I could easily see Legolas being torn by his decision, especially regarding his family. It is sad that the circumstances they were forced to live in kept them all from having intimate moments like that more often.

I'm writing a story in which Thranduil feels compelled to put the welfare of the realm before that of his family, and his children all were raised with that knowledge, so I know how strong Thranduil has to be to think that way. Your Thranduil is strong, too. I like that. He is such a great character.

Very nicely done.
Hobbes chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Aww...very well done,miss. Very well done. Mirkwood seemed a lot darker than I'd have pictured it, but the setting was intriging nonetheless. And the ending was perfect. Made me smile. Rockin story.
silvren ithildin chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Cool, you never cease to amaze me thundera! i am not surprized of course, but in all of your stories you really bring the reader into the story it's as if you were there your self and are describing it with complete accuracy i wish i knew how you did it. i guess i shall continue settling for reading your stories. I must also say this, you are an excelent editer to, when i saw your preview i wondered what you would do. Your my absolute to author/ fict. writer please don't stop.

from your absolute biggest fan.
girturtle chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
First off,I have to admit, I thought this chapter wouldn't make it out on Father's here it is! I was waiting all day for it. (my dad is a huge LotR fan and I thought it would make a great part of his Father's Day present.) And it came in time. For me, this story came up around 8:oopm I believe.

When I first read that you were going to make a Father's Day story, I told him about it and he seemed very interested. So it was part of his present.

I shed a couple of tears at

"For a brief stretch of time, Thranduil had been more than a king. He’d been a father. And in return, Legolas had been more than a prince. He’d been a son.

Together, for one small, wonderful moment, they’d been a family."

I loved it! I just couldn't hold my tears for that moment! ( maybe I'm a tad bit too emotional)

Well, I can't wait for the update on New Year's Eve. I hope you can get it posted at the end of the week. But if not I'll be patient and you go enjoy your vacation!

girturtle
Sadie chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Lovely story. Exactly as I imagine them... exactly... Thanks for posting.
slayer9649 chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
This is a fitting tribute to Father's Day. A poignant reminder that a father's love supercedes everything. I had a smile on my face when I finished reading this. Truly, a lovely story.
Deana chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Oh wow...that was absolutely brilliant, wonderful, excellent, fantastic, perfect, awesome, and totally great! I loved it! You did a great job! :)
Tarawyn chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I'm afraid that if I try to analyze this beautiful thing any more than I did in the preview, I'll destroy it. You're right that this isn't your best. Thranduil's thoughts come in chunks, chunks that are usually well-put, but in some places they go on for too long to command attention and in others the wordiness detracts from the beauty of what he's mulling over. It's worst just after the emotional climax - you could say it all in one sentence, maybe skip to the dialogue entirely, and anyone could still understand it. But it's beautiful anyway. For the love in their family that they have, or don't have; for Thranduil, who I can feel for even though he's not a hero, and admire him even though he's so imperfect; for Legolas, who has a father as he wanted, even if it's not the father he wants... for that...

Thank you for writing this. Weird thing to say, I know, but thank you.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »