Reviews for Crumbling Pedestal
Heidinanookie chapter 32 . 3/6/2011
Ah, finally a hint of talk about Harry's past difficulties with Severus. I'm grateful, but it's not enough for me.

Anyway, why didn't Harry stand up and just finish off Voldemort right there at the dinner table? I don't see what would keep him back. He was as close as he's ever going to get to Voldemort (physically, I mean) and he'd have had the element of surprise, not to mention his superior magical powers. Why wait?

Heidinanookie chapter 31 . 3/6/2011
What, a dinner party with only 3 guests? How strange!
Heidinanookie chapter 29 . 3/6/2011
Huh? How did Harry get Lucius to trust him with the making of another tapestry when he is violently contradicting himself here? First, he tells him that he's only making tapestries for a selected circle of customers and that money isn't important. Then he says that he doesn't care for whom the tapestry is as long as he gets the money? That makes NO SENSE! I know that Harry has his reasons for agreeing to take on the job, but to Lucius it must look like he is betraying his principles. That has to look suspicious!

Heidinanookie chapter 28 . 3/6/2011
I can't believe that Severus, after learning of Heru's true identity, is like "Oh. Heru Slytherin is Harry Potter. Okay." It's like walking into a flat you want to rent and observing that the walls are painted white. "Oh. The walls are white. Okay." You take note of the information, accept it and dismiss it immediately as unimportant. Only, Harry is not a case of wall paint. This secret is huge. Yet I see no reaction in Severus. That is thoroughly disappointing.

Silverstargirl chapter 43 . 3/6/2011
Facinating story! Well done!
Heidinanookie chapter 26 . 3/6/2011
omg, it's out! The secret is out! I've been waiting for this for... well... 25 chapters :D Severus took the truth remarkably well. Frankly, I don't think he'd react that way. For him, Harry has only been dead a few months and he really did hate him. Finding out, that Harry is alive and well - indeed sharing his bed! - , a great sorcerer, talented in Potions, wandless magic and gifted with ancient lore should unsettle him a bit. It does his intellect credit that he figured things out on his own at all, but it's not logical that he would take the knowledge in stride. I would expect him to be disgusted at first with having slept with Heru/Harry. Even though the rational part of his brain would tell him it's okay, he wouldn't be able to help himself. Also, I'd think he'd be in vehement denial, refusing to believe Harry could have turned into such a fine person. I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't go through Harry's explanation in more detail so we could see Severus' reactions. I do think a more thorough discussion of the subject is warranted because I simply can't believe that Severus would take all this news in stride as he seemingly did.

Heidinanookie chapter 22 . 3/6/2011
The thing with Umbridge is making me mad. Can't Harry do anything against her? Make the castle trip her up all the time, move rooms and corridors around so she never arrives at her original destination and stuff like that? It would surely get her our of there eventually.

Heidinanookie chapter 20 . 3/6/2011
What did Harry see that piqued his interest? Is it the Locket? Are you REALLY going to go into Horcruxes now? When will Harry's secret finally come out?

Heidinanookie chapter 19 . 3/5/2011
I can understand why Harry is still keeping his secret from all the grown-ups, but why is he making Ron and Hermione suffer? They are absolutely capable of keeping a secret and it would bring them great comfort to know he's not dead, after all.

Heidinanookie chapter 18 . 3/5/2011
Well, that was gruesome. Is Harry going to reveal his identity NOW, to give Dumbledore and the others some hope? I don't understand how the two Harry's could co-exist in the same time at all, but now that only one is left, he can surely take his place again!

Heidinanookie chapter 17 . 3/5/2011
One thought: Wouldn't Dumbledore trust Heru far quicker if he simply told him he was an older version of Harry? I mean, this could be proved with Veritaserum or Legilimency or even Pensive memories. I don't quite see why this secret has to be kept from the headmaster.

Heidinanookie chapter 15 . 3/5/2011
Severus is not going to believe Harry's excuses for much longer. I think he's already very suspicious of his origins and it's only a matter of time until he is convinced that the Heru from the past and the present are the same person. I wonder how long it's going to take after that to figure out that Heru is really Harry. Probably after Heru kills off Voldemort - something that only Harry is supposed to be capable of.

I also think that Harry is underestimating Dumbledore. Showing him the memories and the journal, this time without a guiding commentary to go along with it, was very risky and I fear that Dumbledore is already on the right track to find out Heru's secret. Frankly, I can't wait for that to happen :D

Heidinanookie chapter 13 . 3/4/2011
Aw, the letter was brilliant. Like Albus, Severus surely noted how much the words affected Harry. I can't imagine them NOT finding out that he is Heru, who is Harry... This is exciting!

Heidinanookie chapter 12 . 3/4/2011
Why doesn't Harry duplicate the ancient books? He could give Severus a copy, or better even, the Hogwarts library. Is Severus going to recognize Harry's style if he reads the books written by Salazars brother?

Heidinanookie chapter 11 . 3/4/2011
I think it's cool that Harry wants to publish his texts but he shouldn't just focus on Potions. He knows so much, he has so much knowledge that has been lost. He should write that down, rather than Potions knowledge that's already out there, albeit in lacking form.

Anyway, what about his name? Why isn't he simply using an penname for the print? It's stupid not to think of that. Besides, it's insane to believe that all people named Slytherin must be descendant from Salazar Slytherin. Surely, you are not going to theorize that all "Smith"s or "Kline"s or "Bower"s have the same ancestors.

It must be so weird for Harry to be walking through Hogwarts again when he was present at its erection. He knows soooo much more about its magic than even Dumbledore. I hope he'll be able to reveal his former identity at some point.

920 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »