Reviews for Crumbling Pedestal
SnapeAngel chapter 4 . 11/14/2009
love the story so far..like the 'perferences' that salazar has for his wife, lol so funny!
Key of Ra chapter 43 . 10/19/2009
This was an incredible piece of work and I'm more than slightly ashamed to realize that I never left a review for it.

Crumbling Pedestal was an absolute delight to read. The time-travel was well done and the founders were realistic, something most time-travel fics I've read have a tendency to fail at. Salazar's reasons for leaving the school were thought out in a way that most authors wouldn't have taken time to do.

So, all in all, thank you for your writing; it's an absolute joy to read.

Amaya
Harriverse chapter 43 . 9/25/2009
What a delightful story you have written. Quite plausible, too. Harry's alternate life was interesting, but a note about how 'fate' had made it possible for him to acclimate to the language and culture of medieval England would have helped me understand how easily he fit into a very different society. The founders came off as decent people and Salazar was interesting. I did find it a bit odd that Salazar would take on another identity when he was so proud, but it was a necessary part of the plot. Was there a war or other event that necessitated Heru's original family needing to change their name? It was nice that when Severus figured everything out he didn't go nuts on Heru. Lucius turned out to be a bit dysfunctional in how he tried to protect Draco, but the sentiment was there. I liked aspects of the second ending, but I think you chose the right one as the 'official' ending.
Erroneously chapter 41 . 9/23/2009
I really enjoyed this story, especially the way you showed the relationship between Heru and Severus :D
mannd1068 chapter 26 . 9/11/2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you! for a mature response from Severus when he finally figures out who Harry really is. Some many stories have him throwing temper tantrums, hurting Harry and being a down right bastard, that it is a real turn off for the story, then the two are so filled with sexual frustration that it's sickening.

I mean I know that in JK's books Severus is a childish man, but most of that we know (now) was an act. Severus has a brain, but most authors make him act like a pre-teen girl, who got her feelings hurt, when he finds out.
wandamarie chapter 2 . 9/5/2009
wow it was a good one thank you on to the next chapter thank you
wandamarie chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
it was a good one thank you on to the next chapter thanks
Rori Potter chapter 32 . 8/30/2009
very interesting prologue!
jaywolfe chapter 41 . 8/9/2009
I love it. Awesome job.
Ms. Scarlett Evans chapter 43 . 8/9/2009
I really like this story. I read most of it on Grazhir, and switched to to read the last two chapters. I really liked reading the alternates, but for some reason I'm more fond of the official ending. Though the bit where Remus kept saying 'Harry'? over and over again was amusing. Anyway, that's all for now I guess. Cheers.
Fortuna Angelus chapter 43 . 8/9/2009
This is quite possible one of the best fanfictions ever written. This fic has made me smile, made me sad, made me mad and has kept me up late to finish reading once again.

I think you're a brilliant writer, and I will admit that I am rather horrible at writing reviews and often don't, this story has made it impossible for me not to.

I love the way the characteres are written, and if there was anything lacking it would be for the story to have a side-story running along with some of their points of view.

I adore the way that Harry/Heru grows up into a (quirky/curious/loving/polite/stubborn/temperamental) man, father and husband, and I rather like the way Salazar is; still keeping to the dislike of muggles without going overboard, but also making him a likeable man who loves his family.

So cheers, and march on! This is the stuff that makes my day seem so much better.
skrybspryt chapter 43 . 7/24/2009
Amazing story, I loved every chapter of it. Thanks for putting so much time into it.
Lady Logos chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
This story is fantastic. I love it. Sequel?
862 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »