Reviews for Dream of the Earthbound
Inconcievable chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
Dissapointed at the loss of Ranma-chan?

Man are you ever making an understatement. Removing the female Ranma you immidiatelly loos atleast about 35% of all your readers even if your story and writing is the best thing since sliced cheese. I say atleast because I believe the number is far greater bordering on 60% but I don't wanna scare you.

Anyways I agree with you that Ranma would get rid of his curse was he given the chance, but as the author it was you that gave him that chance and thus any effects thereafter was something you concieved.

I really don't feel like reading the rest of your story now that Ranma-chan is no more.. but I will nonetheless hoping against all hopes that you bring her back. Just because Ranma has been cured doesn't mean he can't become cursed with the same curse days later..
that-fan chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
So far you've done a very good job of making this story believable. You don't see too many Shampoo & Ranma stories and even fewer good ones (despite the fact R&S is my favorite coupling). I am waiting to see what will happen next and the only problem I can see so far is the ammount of time between your first and second update. I hope you can get the next part out more quickly even if it is shorter.
Malichite chapter 2 . 8/29/2004
Very good, very long chapters in this incredible story. Mostly everyone seems to be in character, though it seems maturity seems to be peeking it's head at Ranma and Shampoo. I love the way it's done, quite a nice change from the usual. Keep up all the great work, and get Ranma and Shampoo together. Been a while since I've seen a realy good fic with that pair up with actual momentum going, not just Ranma decides to go with someone else or some other such drivel.

Keep writing and good luck.

Malichtie
Kura-kun chapter 2 . 8/17/2004
Indeed this is quite the piece you have written. Glad you could do it, it was a difficulty prying my eyes downward from all the garbage on the page, I'm glad I did and found your little fic here...I hope this becomes a trend...and I'm all from R/S all the way!

And Akane is being a brat...really now...

Later
Beer-monster chapter 2 . 8/16/2004
Well good sir, you've done it again *claps*. Another masterpiece of Ranma fiction. You've managed to recreate the shaking up of Nerima like in Nocturne, but in a lighter sense. It will be fascinating to see what Nabiki and Akane cook up and how Ranma resists. Everyone seems to think they are acting in Ranma's best interests, but who really is, is Ranma even doing so?

I must say I'm incredibly jealous to see you churn out such quality and involoving chapters consistently. But I'm happy that you do.

Beery
obsidian-fox chapter 2 . 8/15/2004
Hm... Lots of good drama and tension in this chapter. The way Ranma keeps fighting to get together with Akane despite the abuse is definitely well written and cannon, despite the way it angers me. (I'm kinda waitin' for Shampoo and Ranma to fly away together.) Your Nabiki and Akane and Ryouga and Mousse really piss me off, but I'm absolutely sure that this is an intended reaction on your part, so good job. I can't wait for more.
Zaln chapter 2 . 8/15/2004
Oh man, I really like this fic. The first chapter was, to put it shortly, amazing. When you were describing Ranma flying it sounded as if you had firsthand experience. Even more, it made me wish that it was possible. I like that your chapters are nice and long. Give it a couple more chapters and this might become one of my favorite fics of all time. I enjoyed the second chapter was good too. I really can't stand Akane and Ryoga. Akane's rightous anger and Ryouga's being a bastard pissed me off. I really hope this isn't a R/A mathcup. It doesn't seem like it, it just seems like you're going the way of actually establishing a plausible relationship between Ranma and Shampoo instead of just havin Ranma get fed up wit Akane and realize Shampoo "genuinely cares for him or somethin" and boom they're in love.

aight man, keep it up cuz this looks real promising,

-Z
Zaln chapter 2 . 8/15/2004

aight man, keep it up cuz this looks real promising,

-Z
Katie chapter 2 . 8/15/2004
Wow, it almost seems like everybody is trying to controle everybody else. At least on some level or another. I mean, you've got it where everybody is in the right, and nobody is. That takes some very good writting! I am looking forward to the next chapter!
beege chapter 2 . 8/15/2004
Another good chapter. I particularly like the way Nabiki is portrayed here - by which I mean the skill wih which you write her, not the characters herself. Nabiki's been written as nasty before of course, but it usually descends into character bashing. Nabiki as you write her here is utterly chilling because she comes across as incredibly ruthless and egocentric without doing or thinking anything that violates the canon. You also have a nice piece of 'Akane logic' in this chapter. I may be misinterpreting, but it seems to me that Akane has actually reasoned her way to a conclusion in a halfway rational manner, but has still based it on an incredibly faulty premise - the idea that she had any right to dictate Ranma's decision. Considering that so much of Akane's suffering is ultimately self-inflicted, it might be interesting to see how Nabiki would react if someone pointed out to her that if she really cared about Akane's well being she should have tried to help Akane out of her self-destructive spiral years ago. After all, at least half of the pain Ranma causes Akane comes from the way she (re)interprets his behaviour. I wonder if Ranma might come to that conclusion (and pass it on to Nabiki if he did) now that he has the opportunity to actually think about such things.

And that brings me to the last thing I really like about this story. Again, this is my interpretation, but there seems to be an implication that the *most* significant effect of Ranma's new curse is that it means he's actually able to think things through when he's out flying. It's an interesting, if not completely original, idea that all Ranma really needs to mature is some peace and quiet every so often.
Locke1 chapter 2 . 8/14/2004
Wow, NGE flash... You know, for a minute there, i almost thought i was reading from a NGE fic... p

All joking aside, another great chapter with lots of character development and that shtick and the plot is getting more and more intriguing. The only think i don't really like is how Nabiki is in your fic... but to each their own... Keep writing p i'll be waiting for the next chapter
Ushio chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
To Cian: Yes Ranma does mentally promise Ryoga that he won't reveal his curse but unless he verbally informs Ryoga of the promise Ryoga is not guilty of betraying Ranma's honour and that never happens.

If we continue this discussion we should take it private so fill free to e-mail me.
TornadoReviewer chapter 2 . 8/14/2004
Well written story!

I just can't wait too see what will happen in next chapter.I hope to see Ranma and Shampoo getting a little closer.

Ranma finaly said what he should said in the manga/anime , the part with acusing was DAMN RIGHT ALL ABOUT IT!

Anyway like I said on the beginning-well written story.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Cian chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
To Ushio: Ranma does promise "on his warrior's honor" to keep Ryoga's curse a secret when he thinks that Ryoga has transformed into a dog.

This promise would probably cross over, no matter what curse Ryoga had. Check Book 2, around page 100.
Ushio chapter 2 . 8/14/2004
Ranma owes Ryoga for saving his life first in the Hiryu shoten ha story and then in the first movie against ebiten. Afterall if Ryoga didn't intervene Ranma would be dead especially in regards to the first instance.

One other point i admit that i'm more of a Manga fan than Anime so some things may be different but Ranma has never promised Ryoga not reveal his curse and Ryoga has never asked or threatened Ranma not to reveal the curse either at least not in the Manga.

If anyone knows of any such instances please point them out.
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »