Reviews for Dream of the Earthbound
lonewolfbro chapter 8 . 1/26/2006
that was great cant wait for more
Eromancer chapter 4 . 1/26/2006
Well God damn these chapters are LONG! I've only had enough time to read ONE chapter a DAY, ONE! Dear Gods this is long, frustratingly LONG, but the chapter are so GOOD I can't help but feasl grateful that they ARE so long! The way you portray the characters really puts into perspective their faults and personalities to an amazning degree, t the piont where I'm thinking this was more than just a fan fic but rather baised on real events and SOMEHOW you got into their heads att hat time and pulled exactly the emeotions they had the time and... and... and... dear gods its so MUCH! Half the time I'm overwelmoed just about the "detail" you put into each chapter! THANK YOU FOR WRITING!

Now to my critisisum.

As I see it, I can pinpiont exactly what Ranma's problem is. While we americans (most of us anyway) see Honor to this degree as a mere burnden and would easilly and almost causualy shrug it off when we see it as a burden, people from Japan and China REALLY take it (to us americans) beyond the extreme in some casses.

Anyways, Ranma's problem in this fic is very simple. he doesn't have the very thing that he NEEDS. An Impartial ear to listen to his problems and help give him unbaised opinions and advice.

Tofu is no good, he knows the Tendo's to well and likes Kasumi. His mother is unhelpful seeing as she's a traditionalist, I'm on chapter 4 here so I don't know if anything has changed or will change my perspective of her just yet. No one else is really there that DOESN'T have some grudge, rivaly, or intention against Ranma to be TRUELY helpful to him. That's what Ranma was missing all throughout the series, someone in HIS corner, who's on his side ONLY.
Eromancer chapter 3 . 1/26/2006
...OH! Nabiki in this fic is SUCH a BITCH! I "hate" Bitches!

I love Nabiki, but the way she is in THIS story I HATE HER! Hope she gets her come-upance
A True Radical Dreamer chapter 7 . 1/22/2006
Bah, in my last review I meant that the only complaint I had was that I didn't think there was ENOUGH Ranma/Shampoo interaction, not that there was too much. I'm a baka...again, great story!
A True Radical Dreamer chapter 8 . 1/21/2006
I've got to say, you are the most talented authors of Ranma 1/2 fan fiction I have EVER seen. I love the way you portray Nabiki in this series. It just makes me want to ring her neck. The introduction of the Wind Art for Ranma and Shampoo is brilliant as well. I am glad to see a GOOD Ranma/Shampoo fiction because there are not nearly enough of them out there, good or not. I do think, however, that you focus on more time between Ranma and Shampoo. It's a minor complaint, but the only one that really sticks out in my mind. Just more basic interaction between the two, that's all. Overall,I think that this fan fiction is better than the original Manga/Anime that it is based on. That's saying alot, but I truly believe it. It may not be plausible, but please, please, please, update soon!
Kridz chapter 8 . 12/31/2005
Nice going so far in the characterisation of Nodoka is especially given a unique perspective. Though I suspect Akane will not be willing to folow Nodoka's thinking, given your writing style so far. Anyway carry on with the good if I can wait for "White Rose" to be completed I'm sure I could do the same for this. Cheers!
Drake-Azathoth chapter 8 . 12/26/2005
Excellent.

Chapter 8 in particular was brilliant. Nearly every character is a little sympathetic. The interaction between Nodoka and Genma in particular was some of the best I've ever seen... It's really possible to see how someone like Ranma is their son, for both their faults and their virtues.

Every character is somehow 'true' to canon, but I definitely get the sense that most of the Ranma characters are growing up in it. Kudos.
Davros chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
This fic is brilliant. It's rare to see a Ranma story where all the characters get motivations as fleshed out and logical as they do in this one but it's a real treat to see when they do.
JohnnyG chapter 8 . 12/25/2005
Two more fantastic chapters! Keep up the great work.

Best,

JohnnyG
nondescript pirate chapter 8 . 12/21/2005
I clicked on your fic because I vaugely remembered your name from fanfiction past, and the title and blurb were both intruiging as well, but... I didn't expect to stay up until 5:00 in the morning reading it :) And...the heck? This has only 110 reviews? And it's been on for one and a half years? This is easily one of the best Ranma fanfics I've read in years. While normally not exactly a diehard Ranma/Akane shipper, I do support it more than a lot of other pairings... But you've done so many great things with both characters, even as they slowly drift apart... the insight into their relationship and the tragedy of it's outcome... It's moving. But it's not the only moving thing. The way you've managed to take minor characters, like Nabiki's two aides, and infuse them with life... I seriously dislike Shampoo normally, but I'm rooting for her here, I want her to be happy, I care about what happens to her... I definately want to see more chapters coming out of you, mister! :) Or I'll cry ;_;
PropellerGolem chapter 8 . 12/21/2005
Really nice still, but was it necessary to fill us in on Soun and Genmas trip for the nonexistant bar?

It's getting a bit slow now, mostly focusing on Nodoka. The best part of the fic is the way you do Shampoo and all the tension. What happened to Ryouga? What about all the flying and air style and such? More action and cool stuff please!
goku90504 chapter 8 . 12/21/2005
loved these latest 2 chapters and i cant find one single pice of cannon in my memories to out right contradict anything you have writen in this fic as far as i can remember both cannon and the fic you have written so far
obsidian-fox chapter 8 . 12/21/2005
As usual, I especially loved your rendition of Genma. I also found it amusing to see Nabiki's carefully laid plans wrecked by Nodoka's insanity.

Well, I look forward to the next chapter! And I'd love just a few moments of passion as Shampoo acclimates Ranma to her presence... even if Shampoo just initiates it, or even asks permission.
obsidian-fox chapter 7 . 12/20/2005
Very good work! The conversations were delicately done, and explanations were interesting. The copycat ken incident had me laughing.

I can't say I'm looking forward to reading the days from another perspective, as at this point I want to move forward and read what happens next.
Hiryo chapter 8 . 12/20/2005
WOW, that story astounded me! Such a great thought out plotline, such very good portrayed characters, the interchanging between those, and all that . . . simply WOT!

Furthermore, would you honor me with your rating of YOURSELF on my website that you can find on my profile site here on There on my website you can find it in the 'Contact me' section.
211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »