Reviews for In His Keep
Melodramatic.FruitCup chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
I'd give it four thumbs up but I only have two so I suppose that'll have to do.
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
um...wow. Great portrayal of Luna...
Molly Morrison chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
You haven't gotten *nearly* as many reviews for this story as it deserves! What an interesting character study, of both Snape and Luna. And Remus, even, from a distance. You did a great job with Luna especially-I notice because I have a horrible time trying to write Luna. Snape was very in-character (given what you knew when you wrote this, at least..) as well, but that doesn't seem to be quite so hard. ;-)

Thanks for the great story-it's in my favorites, and hopefully others will stumble on it and review as well. You deserve it! :-D
Laureline chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Your story is awesome and heart-breaking at the same time, and I found your characterisation of Snape and Luna dead on.
Anica106 chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
I really enjoyed this. You narrate Snape quite well, and it's always interesting to see Luna from a different perspective(weirdly enough, my favorite part might have been her conversation with Mrs. Black-it was perfect). Very good job with this; keep it up. _
e.danae chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
this story is simply a masterpiece. everything just fits on its place... its awesome.
S. Thanatos chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
This was a completely in character and heart-breaking story. The Snape voice is spot on, and your Luna's dreamy sort of calmness as she says, 'I suppose he thought I could already see thestrals clearly enough' is enough to make me wince. More than that is her way of explaining things - I loved her introductory sentence, where she said, 'It was the chipped tea cup. The fifth one from the right.' and how details build off of the tea cup - details of her mother arranging them intentionally, and of her father knowing of its existence; and of Luna's little comments to Snape about them, to be cautious. I also viciously like her response to Snape's inquiry of events; it made me snicker and go 'ouch' at the same time for Snape, because as situation has it, it's true.

All in all, this is a fantastic story. Please, please keep writing many more of them.
Verse chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I like this glimpse into Snape's mind. Also enjoyed Luna talking to Mrs. Black :)
Little Tigger chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
Brilliantly done! And so nicely in character. I'm not sure about 12 Grimmauld Place staying in the Order's custody after Sirius' death (Seems like it should be inherited by the Black cousins). But this really is a great story. I don't know why you haven't been buried in praise.

Loved the bit about him finding the brandy. Poor Snape. He really isn't the sort of man who needs more time to sit and brood.

:) Great job!

LT
duj chapter 1 . 10/30/2004
Wonderful unexpected non-romance pairing. Why don't more people know about this story?
RissaAngel chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Just wonderful. Your portrayal of both characters was dead-on. I'm going to read more of your work as I write this!
Taintless chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
What an interesting piece. Severus and Luna were both written to perfection. Amazing and very very well written. Good work, I must say!
Kristi chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
Awesome story.
I bloom blaum chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
I really like how you wrote that. Your Snape and your Luna both seemed dead on - the former miserable, bitter, but also sympathetic and the latter seeming completely canon yet totally full of surprises. Great one-shot.
barfbag chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
"I suppose he thought I could already see thestrals clearly enough."

That line is heartbreaking :( I love Luna and Snape...great chapter, I'm assuming there's more, right? right? :D
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »