Reviews for Otaku Two: Bubblegum Boy
madking2099 chapter 3 . 9/8/2004
It occurs to me that I have rudely not commented on this story arc, despite having read and re-read it several times. For that, my apologies.

Like all of your work, this is an incredibly good piece of work. It does seem to contain a flair of comedy and innocence that is rarely see, much less combined as smoothly, in this day and age.

This story arc seems to have a unique flair that has only becoming more refined as you release more of it. Neat trick considering your works (ranging from Astrid's Restaurant & Mirrors Multiplied to Moon Over Wands & Bubblegum Boy) have ALL been excellent!

This story arc has kept me laughing, cutting up, and in good cheer for literally months now.

Thank you for the gift of your words and ideas.

-Madking2099
Travis Grant chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
*pulls out a pair of fans and starts dancing.* Thank you for posting more of your work. The funniest story I have seen in a while. The writing is as alway the highest quality.
Jason Ulloa chapter 3 . 8/30/2004
Once again, I am not disappointed in the quality of writing. Finally, I get to see what happened between Otaku Reflected (Otaku One) and Eva Revolution (Otaku Three). Yes, I understand that you're dropping the numbering convention, but I still consider them as such (so I may just mentally number the other series when they do come out). I do hope that you finish a new chapter soon. I shall patiently wait for such (probably because I don't have an email address to pester you at; in a polite, non-flaming way, of course).
ariel stormcloud chapter 3 . 7/25/2004
great story
anonimous chapter 3 . 7/16/2004
In chapter 1 you mentioned a large boomer could that boomer be a prototype of the battlemover Sylvie piloted in the series. Will we be seeing any hardsuits in action? And when are the other knight sabers going to show up?
dogbertcarroll chapter 3 . 7/16/2004
God, Pointdexter is turning out to be a real character!

Grest chapter. It never occured to me that humans would have cyberwear. I really need to watch that series.

Great chapter!
TimeReaper chapter 2 . 7/14/2004
This is really good! Hope you update soon!
Deadpan chapter 2 . 7/11/2004
Like many others, I am glad to see you writing again. As a rabid Tenchi fan I am particularly interested in the Tenchi arc you mentioned in your author notes. As a RABID Tenchi fan I am woried about the series and setting being treated right. So on that note, let me offer an observation for you to run with or ignore as you wish.

Skysaber stories work best when there is a need for him. An Eva universe desperately needs a hero to save the day and lighten the mood. Your altered Sailor Moon timeline needed a hero as things had gone horribly wrong. The Bubblegum and Nadesco settings you currently have in the works aren't as bad off, but the original series do have a number of tragedies and characters dying that a superspy might save. In Tenchi Muyo, the hero types already in place have things covered, so I'm having trouble seeing the Skysaber doing anything useful unless it is an AU setting like your Sailor Moon piece.

PS: I would also like to see the further adventures of the Gemstone Girls as they go dimension hopping and hunt for their Jay-Chan.
DJ chapter 2 . 7/10/2004
I forgot to mention, but that web site addresses that I put in the comments for Chapter 1. It appears that fanfiction net cuts out two "w"s from web site addresses for some reason. so just add two extra "w" for the web site addresses mentioned earlier to get to them.
DJ chapter 2 . 7/10/2004
Interesting that the police would expend that much effort on what would initially appear to be gang shoot outs, even if it was with guns, when there are probably "berserk" boomers out there with far greater danger.
drakensis chapter 2 . 7/8/2004
Glad you're still around Jared. Neat story, particularly the timing - I've not seen many fics set before the OVAs
drakensis chapter 2 . 7/8/2004
ariel stormcloud chapter 2 . 7/2/2004
great story
Max Knight chapter 2 . 7/2/2004
Yay you updated ! Remember me? I don't think so...I haven't seen your fic for like...um...a year ago? Love the Classics you made...ig Star Ranma,Ranma inverted,Slayers Inverted and yes Shampoo's Revenge and the Mirror's Series. Love them all,hope to see more Superspy action !
dogbertcarroll chapter 2 . 6/30/2004
"It's embarrassing to be a superspy who hasn't got any secrets!"

I think it's the irony that makes it so damn funny.

The secret spacelab and it falling off the scopes was well

thought out. I like the way miscommunication and previous

events factor in.

Poindexter feigned death until the coroner came to take him

away, then he bribed the driver to take him to the airport home.

LOL. I like this guy.

At least it's damn near impossible to ID Jared. There are tons of people with his face and figure.

Great chapter.