Reviews for The League Extraordinaire
pronker chapter 12 . 12/7/2014
A compelling story, well worth the filming as a Movie of the Week, or nowadays, a limited episode series on HBO or something. I found myself laughing at Bond's trademark one-liners, well done! And of course your plot was stellar. Happy writing, pronker
Guest chapter 2 . 11/1/2012
This is fairly well-written and entertaining (although, as a writer skilled in employing imagery, I find it as crucially lacking in same as most modern fiction tends to be). However, in the end, if one reads this as an adult reader of fiction, it lacks the descriptive depth and visual background that buttresses such writing and makes it enjoyable reading. For a 12-year-old, perhaps. For an educated 24-year-old, no.
Luriko-Ysabeth chapter 12 . 12/6/2008
This gave me the same excited feeling of "oh my word, he got that in there too!" that the graphic novel did, as well as being a good, tight action story to begin with. I loved all the cameos I recognized, was intrigued by the ones I didn't, and will gleefully recommend this story to everyone I can catch, as there are many people I can think of whose lives are much poorer because they have not experienced the roller coaster ride of a multicrossover that is this story.
n9voc chapter 12 . 10/7/2008
EXCELLENT STORY! Loved the way you had Flint and Bond work together at the last. Excellent plot, and I also liked the way you showed Fu Manchu having that sense of honor that runs through the oriental mindset.

Excellent plot, snappy dialog, super action - in short one bang-up good story. Loved the aside between agent 86 and the chief earlier.

to echo the toast: To The League!

'nuff said.
n9voc chapter 5 . 10/7/2008
This is the ULTIMATE TV/Movie Spy crossover! I well remember John & Emma, recently watched both "Flint" flicks, and am a fan of a certain bronze skinned hero named "Savage", used to watch the "Uncles" regularly - as well as having seen every Bond flick thus far produced. I hope Mina Harker shows up! I had to Google John Drake before I knew who he was (never saw Dangerman, but a few episodes of The Prisoner) - I understand why he would have such an aversion to being numbered! With such a cast of operatives, the villian can ONLY be someone as world spanning as Fu Manchu - worthy opponents!

Excellent plotting - Super dialog and action, and most importantly: GREAT STORYTELLING!

Obviously, I am enjoying this one

'nuff said for now-
Ghost in the Machine chapter 10 . 7/16/2004
And the story takes an unexpected twist...
Ghost in the Machine chapter 9 . 7/14/2004
I love how Jim Phelps turned this one down. You just don't expect that to happen.
Lady Norbert chapter 9 . 7/13/2004
Excellent, as usual. Bet you already knew I'd say that. ;)
Guest chapter 8 . 7/10/2004
Ok... The 'Get Smart' reference was just a little too weird considering the rest of this story. 8)
Lady Norbert chapter 8 . 7/9/2004
*claps hands* Just when I was feeling desperately bored, in comes the message that you've updated! Thank goodness. And my husband was inquiring only last night whether Maxwell Smart would make an appearance in your story; I told him I was sure he would, and now he has!

Your story is, I think, the ONLY thing that has ever made me sorry I completely missed the 70s.
Lady Norbert chapter 6 . 7/3/2004
I expect you'll tire of hearing it from me, but I do think this is among the best fanfics I've ever read, in any genre.
Lady Norbert chapter 5 . 7/1/2004
Ah, John Drake! A reference I actually get! :) My husband's a fan of THE PRISONER.

I tried to review on the last chapter, but my connection went wonky. Still reading, though, and still intrigued. Thanks again for the Modesty Blaise e-books, I really rather like her.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 4 . 6/28/2004
I really do appreciate the detailed notes at the end of each chapter. Gives me things to look for the next time I head to the library. (Or used book store.)
Ghost in the Machine chapter 3 . 6/26/2004
I always liked Robert Culp. He was always so easy to picture in the role of government agent.

Well, now that the bad guys have revealed the level to which they are willing to stoop, it's time for the good guys to kick a little ass.
Lady Norbert chapter 3 . 6/26/2004
You're entirely too good at what you do. Just thought I'd point that out. ;)