Reviews for Harry Potter and the Night Creatures
purrfus chapter 5 . 3/31/2010
Go Hermione!
purrfus chapter 2 . 3/31/2010
I know that shopping trips have become cliche, but they can be so much fun when written well, and I have a feeling yours would have been a trip to remember. Oh well.

fyi: three hours, 400 pounds cheaper - looks like it should be 400 pounds poorer - unless this is an English thing?
purrfus chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Saw this on a couple of lists, and decided to read even though its not marked complete.

Delightfully dark.
Imaginary-worlds chapter 18 . 3/20/2010
Woah, I am loving this story! You've got me hook, line and sinker ;)

It's out-there and completely fantastical, but you've still captured all the characters so well... And I'm loving how you've explored a total new branch of magic.

Can't wait to read more!
ranchan-akari chapter 18 . 3/17/2010
Are you ever going to update this fic or has this been abandoned? Leaving us with a cliffhanger like that is pure EVIL! I want to know what exactly is Draco, what the entire conflict is with everybody, and what Ron and his two new sidekicks are planning! ;_;
edeniz chapter 15 . 2/24/2010
Okay that's enough, I couldn't read further if my life depended on it. And here I'd hoped for a decent Dark!Harry story. Yes, I know: "don't like, don't read".

But just in case you care to improve your writing, here's why:

* Way too much description, generally and of characters. You should not have to describe and explain the past of a character (especially a canon character) as soon as they enter the scene. That's what a plot is for.

* Things progressed way too fast.

* The Night Creature: if they are so rare, then why the hell could Harry even *buy* one? Especially if they die in captivity? And why the hell would he look in libraries for info in a creature he bought and not ask the shop keeper about everything he needs to know? Isn't that what you would normally do when buying a pet? Ask them what how to keep it and where to find additional information?

* You are turning Harry slowly but surely into a canon!Sue. I mean honestly, starved and abused but still drop dead gorgeous? Extraordinary talent for drawing and designing and no one noticed? And now a hidden talent that hasn't been seen in a thousand years? Seeing Auras or whatever now? What else is next?

* The Slytherin parents vilified too needlessly horribly. Oh poor dears, the Slytherins are so horrible because they all had an abusive past! Oh my!

* You painted the Slytherins in a good light, all but Pansy, why the heck?

* The Weasel vilified too easily and too fast.

* The others turned on the Weasel too fast and were overenthusiastic in wanting to prank him. If you remember, the one positive trait of the Weasel family was family loyalty, which made them all the more angry at Percy.

* And worst of all: Your OCs are Mary Sues!

I don't expect you to view this review as anything but a flame, but perhaps you'll surprise me.
edeniz chapter 9 . 2/23/2010
Nice story idea, but here are some things I have a problem with:

* The progression of the Weasel from friend to enemy happened too fast.

* Way too much description and introduction of characters we already know. (Not that it would be OK with OCs either, that would make them sound like Mary Sues.)

* How do you explain that, if Night Creatures are so rare, that Harry *bought* one? Not found, but bought? Especially if they die in captivity?

* People were a bit overenthusiastic in wanting to help Harry against the Weasel, it just causes eye rolling.
Mintyleafeon chapter 18 . 11/3/2009
wonderful story, i know i've just joined you but i want to be in it till the end now, amazing story! can't wait to see what happens...ugh i just want to kill cho..that bitch...i cant wait to see some hot dracoharry action! maybe a nice kiss, or a mysterious nip on the neck...i dunno :D hope to see the new chapter but dont rush through!
MapleLinah chapter 18 . 8/17/2009
I want Harry to be a panther! I know there is stories already but it fits so much! His slytherin side and he is indepedant (english not my mother langue TT) maybe Hermione an utter? And Blaise... lion? He is fiesty... hey shouldn't Ginny suit better as a lion? Luna...unicorn? Blaise sister suit a cat with that calm and independant... Hermione maybe an owl? She is intelligent! Hey! Blaise as a wolf! Lojal to his pack but strong against others... Hm, this is hard... well I am not the one to deside...hehe I leave that to you. But Harry/panther!
Rokkis chapter 18 . 8/3/2009
A well thought out plot with a lot of intricacies. Just be careful that you don't get lost:D

Like you Harry character though I really don't believe that even after being rescued and realizing that Sirius was still alive would have magically brought him out of his depression. He actually killed himself! He's been used and wounded by all adults his entire life and I think his mental health is a bit too stable.

Just one more thing. The first time Harry goes to Remus with his cat, Moony runs his hand through Harry's hair. Yet later, when he suddenly discovers that he can't be touched (what about vernon during the summer?) Harry comments that he can no longer have Remus run his hand through his hair? Rather strange huh!

Cheers and good luck!
graypheonix chapter 18 . 7/8/2009
Hm, a bastard red-head needs to be taken down several pegs, but it's amusing to say the least. Definitely an interesting chapter, if a bit creepy to see Cho act the whore. I don't think she is that way in canon, myself, but she definitely tried to live to others expectations, and not what she herself needed. Plus, let's be honest, Rowling is a bitch who doesn't write any but the main characters as anything but symbols for things she had problems with in school, the little fool. Anyway, it was an interesting chapter, and a fascinating story so far. So, continue to update, will ya? Ja ne.
Thenchick chapter 18 . 7/3/2009
POST MORE PLEASE
SCprincessSC chapter 18 . 6/21/2009
good!
Tuuna chapter 18 . 5/30/2009
This is a great story :D I am sorry that it isnt being continued :(
Amras Black-Fox chapter 18 . 3/25/2009
very interesting.

is shadow in any relation to what harry is?
829 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »