Reviews for Rewind 1
MooksMookin chapter 21 . 11/24/2014
I've been reading this fanfic for basically 3 days straight, putting off any responsibilities I have and practically digging myself a grave of the consequences afterwards. This fic has beem an emotional rollercoaster for me. I tried to read it last year, but unfortunately ended up in another fandom before I could finish it. And now here I am, a year later, at the last chapter. I'm afraid. I'm honestly afraid. This is one of the most amazing fics I've ever read in my years of reading fanfiction - it may be even the best. And I don't want it to end here. I want to keep reading this forever.

I've grown so attached to this fanfic; I've yelled and groaned and squealed, I could see the progression of not only the characters, but of your writing as I continued to read. I admire you so much right now as I can only imagine the kind of planning that must have taken place. I'm absolutely astounded.

And though you may not see this review, as I'm unsure how active you are on this site nowadays, I just wish to convey the feelings that I can't seem to put into words. You made these characters human. They made mistakes, and they learned and grew from it. This has been such a huge experience for me. Right now I'm just reeling from all the memories of this fic that have etched a deep mark on my heart, only to find that I can't find a single one to focus on.

THIS is what I call writing. THIS is what I call true talent. You are an amazing writer, and you should be very, very proud.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/8/2013
HOLY crap-nuggets, Marik's 'Older Self' is such a cock-blocker...-.-
FanGirl16 chapter 22 . 8/16/2012
This story was utterly amazing. I loved the character development and the ending was beautiful. I was upset that nethi/bakura never got his memories of Marik back. Nevertheless. I loved this and also paranoid which is equally as impressive. Well done and thanks for writing this.
winnie chapter 22 . 6/21/2012
just like your Author's notes at the end of the story, i couldn't believe that the story was over! It was so astonishing that how you made every character act so accordingly to their character (personality), yet out of character(love3..conquers all :D ) all at the same time :P, when noa was wanting to transfer his body, i felt scared, but a little presence in my mind told me, but what if they are saved and all is well at the end and nothing bad happened? like in the one that i first and previously read from your stories :Paranoid. But then both Yami and Bakura were truly dead, and the n i really had nothing to expect after that.. but i guess it is good to expect the unexpected...i was really devastated...cause Bakura&Ryou were my favorite characters, and seeing that Bakura die wasnt the best...when Nehti said that he knew Marik from somewhere, i had a tiny bit of hope rekindled, that. maybe Bakura might still be in Nehti's mindmaybe a little bit of it..maybe he was still alive..but theni read thathe also used to be the hologram too.. so a little bit confused there, other than that, i think this story is suberb :D i might write something , but i dont know if it will be good.. it will be proably coming right from my head if i write it.. we'll see :D thank you for writing this :) hope Nehti can get back his memories :)
CannotVerify chapter 14 . 6/16/2012
O.O OMG

O/O

aw yee ;D what will Mai think when she finds out Ryou is Serenity's bf? Her predicted thoughts: but he was totally getting hot and heavy with Marik?

And when Serenity finds out that Ryou's body is being used by Bakura to do naughty things with Marik? XD And then Ryou gets all "this kind of thing -demonstrates" "Oh Ryou 3" hahahaha . I'm getting carried away... aren't I?

Oh Joey I hope you're okay :)
A Neverending Dream of Flight chapter 22 . 12/12/2011
All right, I know it's been years since you've finished this story, and normally I wouldn't write a review for something that ended 4 years ago, but this is too amazing to only favorite.

You made me cry! And laugh and smile and express a variety of other emotions throughout, but those last couple of chapters had me tearing up like crazy.

Your plot is so intricate and well-described; you gave the perfect amounts of information as the storyline went along, I honestly found it near impossible to stop reading this. I love finding bits and pieces of the background as the characters do, especially when it's so well executed, since it makes the story so much more interesting and emotional.

I am a bit confused about Bakura/Nehti's memories at the end though. Is he gradually regaining some of them? The ending is so bittersweet- I think Marik hit the nail on the head when he said "Even though we've triumphed we are not victorious" That line alone was so heartbreaking and summed up their emotional situation perfectly.

You are a fantastic author. You captured the tone of the situations perfectly; I always felt as if I was a part of the plot, and as I was reading I would often feel the same types of emotions as the characters. You've depicted everyone so realistically that it doesn't really even feel like I'm reading a work of fiction, let alone fanfiction. The characters are all so well-developed that I can't help but feel strong emotions(negative or positive) towards any of them, even your OCs(they are OCs, right?).

You are an amazing author and this was by far one of the best stories I've ever read(including published novels). I'm not just trying to butter you up or anything with all this praise, but these are my honest feelings. You did have several spelling errors throughout the story, but overall it felt pretty close to a final and edited project. During the last chapter and a half the quotation marks suddenly switched, but it's not too disruptive.

Anyway, thank you so much for writing and completing this story. It was a real treat to read and I'm very glad I found it. Great job and keep up the good work!
Black-Neko-Chan chapter 22 . 10/8/2011
This is the fourth time I've read this fanfic, and I am extremely disappointed to say that I have never reviewed it beforehand. I just start reading and tell myself that I should really review at the end of chapters, but it's just so good that I don't want to stop and do so. But I am forcing myself to write one now, because this seriously deserves it.

I could go on about how perfectly amazing this is for hours, probably. I actually have. I've talked about it with my friends so many times and tried to force them to read it themselves that they actually groan every time I mention Rewind 1. But this is seriously deserving every little bit of praise it gets, because it is magnificent. One of the very very best fanfiction pieces I have ever read, and its really an honor just to be able to read it.

Everything you wrote in this universe just seemed so realistic that I couldn't help seeing feeling like I was actually seeing this as a movie and not written words. And everything felt so real too! Every time I read this story, I cry more and more, because it just gets better and better with each reading. The characters you write actually breathe with every single comment that they say, and so much so that I wind up loving even the ones who aren't shown all that much. For example, when the Game King died, I bawled like a baby. I even managed to feel sorry for the villains like Noa and 290 (I ADORE 290).

And the PLOT. It kind of seems like a lot of fanfiction uses plot as an accessory to further the romance, and so it kind of gets pushed over to the back, but then we have THIS. Not only is the plot marvelous, but it's so involved, and actually meaningful too! I've always had a bit of a soft spot for things dealing with immortality, and whether or not it's a blessing or a curse. This fic dealt with that fantastically, and in such length too. Major props for the length. And for the fact that even though this is as long as it is, I finish reading it and all I can think is that it was over too soon. I could easily have dealt with another 100,000 words or so, and no doubt would have loved every single one just as much as the ones that came before them. You are a beautiful storyteller.

And as well as being a great storyteller, you're great at including snippets from the anime in an AU fanfic. I especially think the way the story of the anime gets told-as this virtual world game of Joey's-is wonderfully clever and very fitting. I get finished reading this and find myself actually thinking that that's the way things go, and not that the anime inspired this.

I feel like there's so much more I should be saying about this, and I know that once I finish this review I'll think of a hundred more things, but for the life of me, I can't think of anything more right now. Every time I finish reading this I just feel so sad that it's actually over and just want to sit down and think about it, haha. But I love everything about this, so much. There was not a single character I did not like. Every single one seemed like a fully-formed person, especially Marik and Bakura, and Serenity and Ryou. I went into this loving the pairing of Marik and Bakura, and came out loving it even more, along with the Serenity and Ryou pairing. And you write Thiefshipping so damn well! I've also read "Paranoid" and "YGO:Nemesis" (and also need to review those, actually...), and all three just express Thiefshipping so damn well. Very glad you got into the pairing, because it would have been a shame for the fandom to not have these great stories.

I probably sound like some total creeper or something, but just wanted to actually review this time and just say how much I completely adore this fanfic. And your writing style. Because even though this fic IS old now and it's surely changed, it was still very good and sophisticated, especially with the latter chapters. I know you haven't been on FF in forever, so I can only hope this is because you became a published author, because it would be a shame if you did not.

Thank you so much for writing something so great.
white pedal chapter 22 . 6/3/2011
Hi the names white pedal and I just read about you looking for ideas. Well I had this one for about a while how about Serenitys mother comes over unannounced and see's Joey for the first time in 5 years, shes mad at Serenity for bringing that "Useless boy" back into their lives and Serenitys mother hits Joey and Mai's son and that caused Serenity to hit her mother as well and says she never wants to see her again and she's not her perfect little angel. Also Joey and Serenitys mother gets arrested for child kidnapping(she toke serenity) without legal custody as she was still married to their father when they left(I noticed she didn't divorce him in the story and just up and toke Serenity away) and was sentenced to 15 years for kidnapping. Hope this helps:)
LadySunami chapter 22 . 5/19/2011
Beautiful! I'm so happy for all of them! Especially Marik and Bakura. They are cute beyond all reason! I was so frightened for them, but in the end they made it work. I feel so warm and fuzzy now.

Your story telling is so powerful. You have no idea how attached I've gotten to the characters. You make them feel so alive and real! I hope you continue writing fantastic stories, fanfiction or otherwise.

LadyS
Guest chapter 19 . 5/19/2011
Holy Crap! I want to keep reading, but I'm falling asleep in my seat here. Why does it have to be 4 am? Why?

This is seriously the most excellent thing I have ever read! I can see why Queen Thief thinks so highly of you! You two blow the rest of the fan fiction community out the water!

How is it your last account update was 2008? You must continue writing! Please tell me your account isn't dead.

Arg, I'm tired. I'll give you a better review when I finish reading this tomorrow.

LadyS
Todesanbeterin chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Gosh I loved this story so much I still can't bare it's over...
seffa chapter 22 . 10/9/2010
WOW, I wish I was a reader back then when this was still in progress! I'm so amazed by how powerful and different this is from other fanfiction. Really, I had my moments where I actually shed a tear or two.

In all honesty... This right here is my favorite fanfiction Kudos to you! I really felt connected to each character. The romance that went along with it really added something to it! I do admit that what really caught my interest was the whole Bakura x Marik bits b-but... You really managed to get me into Ryou x Serenity. So cute

Wow, I wish I could say so much more! The plot for this was just so... thrilling! I wish I wasn't so speechless, I wanna say more. You really deserve an award or something. ::Grins:: I admire your writing skills, truly.

Little Ryuu
Mili chapter 22 . 5/22/2010
Loved it! One of the best fic I've ever read
WolvenTerror chapter 22 . 1/6/2010
Wow. All I'm going to say is that this story was amazing. It's honestly one of the best I've read.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 8 . 6/29/2009
hahaha, Yami Yugi's voice echoes! (echoes... echoes...)