Reviews for Vainglorious
CarrieVS chapter 6 . 3/7/2010
I'm not that fond of Vimes slash, but Vimes/Ahmed is better than Vimes/Vetinari.

Quite well done really.
CarrieVS chapter 3 . 3/7/2010
You'd just better not have Vetinari order Ahmed's assassination.

I love Ahmed.
Feline chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Thanks for not giving up on finishing the story and posting it, It is simply great. I am your fan for life. I realise this review is two years late, but if you read it ... pleas, keep writing :)-hugs-.
BrokenMatchstick chapter 6 . 5/19/2006
Aw! Aw! Aw! Can't...form...sentences!

This was so sweet, and sad, and angsty and oh my Gods! You smell! How could you leave Vetinari like that? Grargh! (Sorry, Vimes/Vetinari is my baby)

All that completely aside, this was FANTASTIC! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the Ahmed/Vimes/Vetinari thing. Bravo, I say, Bravo! I must go read your other stuff now!
Mornwey chapter 6 . 4/17/2006
It's beautiful...I'm in love. Everyone is so in character, and you've made it utterly believable. I salute you.

" You never know, Drumknott, you may just catch him on the rebound "

AhahHahaAha! That line had me in HYSTERICS!
Watchman chapter 6 . 3/30/2005
Yes, I hold up my hand and admit I Forgot. Sorry 'bout that...

Slash maybe, but I still thought it was good. The prospect of Vetinari playing a banjo was enough to leave me laughing.

If you don't think this place is giving you enough, take a look at Fictionpress! It worked for me. Good luck and keep writing!
Nora Charles chapter 6 . 1/25/2005
Wonderful story. I am very impressed.

I enjoyed both the romance, and the Disc World feel very much.
Deity of Sorrow Far too lazy to log in chapter 6 . 11/13/2004
Great story, but a pity it stopped so soon v.v

Anyway, you need to write more fics. So I can read them.

;
Mistress Arion chapter 6 . 11/2/2004
Heeheehee. Well done! I just finished the story and I have to admit I liked it tremendously. The flow is quite Pratchett-esque and the dialogue is darn close to canon, but I would offer a tiny con-crit: I caught a few scattered bits of American slang, and I would recommend straying further away from some of Pterry's exact wordings. You do an INCREDIBLE job of mimicing his style and vocab; you don't need to pick up his exact words. Anyway, thank you for writing and please write more!
Estelendur chapter 6 . 10/30/2004
Aww... Sad... *sniffle* Poor Vetinari...

Something that confuses me, though, is how your story is very well written, with proper capitalization and spelling and everthing, while your author's notes and reviews are, well, very much like chatspeak.
FluffyWombat chapter 6 . 10/28/2004
Hooray! That was *such* a rewarding ending, somehow...I just thought, Go Vimes! at the end. He finally becomes the more powerful one in the games everyone's been playing, and his conversation with Drumknott both made me starngely melancholy and utterly cracked me up... 'you may just catch him on the rebound', heh! I never thought I'd say this, but I now rather want to see a Drumknott/Vetinari story from you, as your characterisation is excellent if slightly OOC - and, no, I don't mean this rudely, i think you've created a very believale Vimes who just isn't **quite* the Vimes of the books - and a surprisingly human Vetinari. So, I think you're turning me into a slash convert. This is worrying...
Badge177 chapter 6 . 10/25/2004
Well, I *do* read slash normally, and I try to find time to review stories I’m asked to. So...

Despite being a plausible pairing, slash fics involving Vimes and Ahmed are rare. Not sure why and maybe this will start a new trend? I quite liked this one. The plot twists were good and I particularly liked the ending. A few things stopped it from getting the two thumbs up though. In places, it felt kind of rushed; I would have liked to know more about how Vimes and Ahmed got ‘together’ as it were. Also, Vimes and Sybil’s divorce came as a bit of a shock. I couldn’t help feeling in later chapters that Vetinari was slightly OOC too. Underneath that hard exterior he may well have a heart, but I can’t *really* see him sobbing like that, especially in front of Drumknott.

However, don’t take any of this as a flame. Like I said, I liked it. And I’d like to see anything else you come up with involving Vimes and Ahmed. ;-)
Annie Wilkes1 chapter 6 . 10/23/2004
so sad! if i was a crying person i may of cried but im not so i didnt. very good. i still wanted V and V to end up together, but nevermind.
Mercator chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
I don't read slash normally, but I try to review stories that people ask me to. So... I quite liked the first chapter. The start was nice and descriptive of V's personality - maybe better for people who don't know DW already - but still nice. The conversation was very good, and I especially liked your thing about why Vetinari gets rid of anyone who tries to be like him. I generally find men dense about emotions, so I don't know that Vimes would've registered a shift in Vetinari when he couldn't even tell his own wife was pregnant in "Fifth Elephant," but hey, this is fanfic and it's your playground. Leaving the armour in the office was a good ploy for getting them back together. Kisses... um...no comment because I'm not a slashy person. Overall a nice job so far!
Winter-Eyes chapter 6 . 10/20/2004
well someones just smashed the whole Vetinari is cold and icy routine...a certain person who slated me at first when i did the same. a sweet ending though...but u know now i'll have to protect u from all the rampent V/V fans that will try to kill u. have to say though this ending was the better one...anything else would have made Vimes seem cheap...almost like he was using Vetinari's affection for him to gain information...oh no wait, that did happen didn't it!

seriously though...well done pips, i am very proud.i loved that final image. u know what i want know...sequel sequel sequel!