Reviews for TPDoEQ, vol III: The Wintering
nicelynicelyjohnson chapter 5 . 12/14/2011
Hello! A new reader here, redirected from TV Tropes of all places! Absolutely adoring this series so far, all the characters are so wonderfully well written and Elizabeth is likeable and central to the story without being a Mary Sue. One tiny, insignificant nitpick however, and this is just me being very picky and a nuisance, but in this chapter Elizabeth says she wishes to visit the north and stonehenge...Stonehenge is actually in the south of england, I happen to live less than an hours drive from it. I haven't read ahead yet, so you may address this in your wonderful FAQ, but as I said it is my tiniest nitpick and the only flaw I can find. I am really looking forward to reading the rest of this series! Well done!
Bookworm Gal chapter 11 . 12/17/2010
Okay, I'm not normally that big a fan of diary-style stories and I'm usually fairly cautious when dealing with OCs. But I think you've done a fantastic job so far characterizing everyone and making a fairly entertaining story (plus, you have Skinner perfectly portrayed... and he was my favorite character in the movie). I'll likely be reading the rest of your series as well.

Once again, nice work.
cool k chapter 8 . 8/17/2010
wow i love your story's they are great and i loved this chapter i realy like the part with mina finding elizabeth curled up in the chair with skinner's coat over her as soon as i read that part i chould'nt help but think awww how cute skinner put his trench coat over her so she whould'nt get cold any wayss keep up the great work and can you maybe please write somemore ellizabeth storys i want to know what happen's after the last story.
whenifallxx chapter 11 . 7/26/2008
While reading this I made two notes (using a pen and writing it on my hand, for I lack paper). One, the parties and the holiday and the wedding .. it was just very delightful. Can't think of another word for it. The second, was how adorable the romance is turning out. It's just great. Even though it's 3:20am, I'm going to go find the next one to read. For the third time, great story! As of now, this one is my favorite :)

Oh, Also. I love what you're doing with Tom, every time you mention him or what he does, I'm pleased. Why? Not sure, but whatever you're doing, it's great.
whenifallxx chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
ντολμαδάκια με κιμά.(Do the greek letters show?) Stuffed Grape Leaves. One of my favorites to help my mother cook... and eat.

:D It made me smile to read about it; I love the greek atmosphere!
Andrea Churchill chapter 10 . 6/26/2008
._. :O

the BEST volume of TPDoEQ, & one of the best fanfics. 5 stars. if it was possible 100 stars!
myrmidryad chapter 11 . 1/20/2008
i admire you so much for not only writing this LXG fic, but for planning this whole thing and making it sound so real! like the whole thing with the puma - these days there would have been a huge fuss about killing an endangered species (not saying that's wrong or anything btw) but the way nemo and the men decide to skinit as a rug the library is so period its brilliant! and this is the third volume! i can actually imagine a victorian kid going out and buying these 'chronicles', y'know, all bound in leather or whatever, and historians finding them all old and falling apart now! lovin' it!
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 5 . 7/7/2007
Woot! Wassail! Drink hale! *claps*
UnlimitedShadow chapter 10 . 3/7/2006
how sweet...this story is even better than mine. which you may check out and review if you want. it's called LXG 2. anyway. i loved it.
Shining Phoenix chapter 11 . 3/2/2006
I'm not even sure where to start with this one! Heh. Excellent as always is a good start! I loved the entire wedding bit, as well as the exchanging of Christmas gifts but I guess my favorite bits out of this one was all of the Skinner and Elizabeth stuff. I love the fact that he was the one that showed her the Boto (those little guys are adorable, but I certainly wouldn't want to meet one in person without something between us) and Mina waking up Elizabeth and discovering that she was all comfy and cozy under Skinner's jacket was giggle worthy. I loved it! Oh, and the cave scene. Just... :)
Clez chapter 10 . 9/6/2005
Lookit! I finished Vol. I at last! And I enjoyed it as much the second time (the first half I'd already read) as much as I did the first :) As you well know *nods head sneakily to AIM* Lovely narration and language, and all very... hmm, how to describe it? Well, simply put, I loved it.

Tomorrow? Oh yeah, starting on Vol. IV. xD Can't wait. I will now amuse myself by imagining Tom throwing that roll at Skinner, and recalling Tom posing as Elizabeth's husband *mine is an evil laugh*
qwerty01010101 chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
Great story, I'm glad you are going out of your way to make the writing more English. But there is something that is nit picking at me. You use the word 'pants' a lot in this story. I'n England, they are refered to as trousers. Maybe breeches. I just wanted to point that out because, everytime I see the word 'pants', I get brought right out of the story.
Xenopheles chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
My favorite story, out of the four. I seem to have a penchant for that-Prisoner of Azkaban, Daja's Story, The Emperor Mage...ah well, here's to the greatest story! *holds up a phial of invisibility serum*
Clez chapter 4 . 10/1/2004
That was a fantastic chapter... and since I told you personally, there isn't really any point of commiting it to review here, but what the hey - absolute favourite part:

"Can you feel the love in this room?" asked Skinner. Tom threw a roll at him.

*breaks into giggles and glomps Tommy-boy*

Clez XD
Clez chapter 3 . 10/1/2004
I had to drop in and review this chapter, because I simply adored it and it had me welling up a couple of times. Undoubtedly favourite part had to be Skinner puzzling out that trunk :)

Clez