Reviews for 11 Alternate Nature of the Veil
totalreadr chapter 17 . 3/19/2006
Have read the Muriel series 0 through this one (and part of Sorting Things Out), and this review is re the whole series so far:

I've never before understood what people meant when they complained about irritating Mary Sues. Every other story I've read, the OC was either such an obvious Mary Sue that it was just funny (and the story was not worth finishing), or else she wasn't enough of a Mary Sue to matter. But Muriel is a truly irritating Mary Sue. Because she's so close to not being a Mary Sue, and yet...

And yet her presence still twists everyone else out of character. Again, usually this is just funny. But in this series, it's just excruciating. Because they're so *close* to normal, yet they're inexplicably positive towards *just Muriel*.
Weatherwax chapter 17 . 10/1/2004
Oh my God, what a brilliant ending, totally unexpected but it fits so well. Had Mur survived and all the bad guys got their just desserts it would have been too clean cut, this was a very good ending indeed.
Weatherwax chapter 16 . 9/29/2004
This is getting so interesting, you have a real good story going here.
Weatherwax chapter 15 . 9/28/2004
What a chapter, Avery needs to die, simple as. I'd pretty much forgotten that Lucius wasn't all he seemed and it was an oddly touching moment when we discover that he'd cast the contrceptive charm.
Weatherwax chapter 14 . 9/27/2004
Wow, that was unexpected, but very good. It brings certain characters and storylines back to the forefront, which is also good.
Weatherwax chapter 13 . 9/26/2004
I'm sorry it's been a while since I read anything of yours, I came back from the States last week and it's been a little hard re-adjusting. However, a very good chapter for me to start back on, I really like how you're giving Snape what he obviously needs and wants.

Oh and I didn't know you were on Livejournal, I have one as well, I'm weatherwax (go figure). I've already added you.
Weatherwax chapter 12 . 9/15/2004
That was a very sweet chapter, a lot of emotion.
Weatherwax chapter 11 . 9/13/2004
That was very sweet, it really showed Snape's human side.
Weatherwax chapter 10 . 9/12/2004
That was very well written, I'd imagine Snape would be a hard character to write in a sexual sense, but you seemed to manage it pretty well.
Weatherwax chapter 9 . 9/11/2004
Wow, I love how eloquently you put across Mur's emotional struggle. There's sympathy for her, even though she loved two people at the same time.
Weatherwax chapter 8 . 9/10/2004
I like the chaotic cohesiveness of everybody pulling together to fight Voldemort.
Weatherwax chapter 7 . 9/9/2004
I love how Mur refuses to be intimidated by Voldemort, you write it so well.
Weatherwax chapter 6 . 9/8/2004
I like how Mur is handling her students, she's strict but fair. I'm also interested to see how this Christmas "adventure" will pan out.
Weatherwax chapter 5 . 9/6/2004
I like how Mur didn't automatically side with Harry, it reminds us that she's a Slytherin at heart.
Weatherwax chapter 4 . 9/5/2004
Oh yes, what a triupmphant return for Mur, I love how she deals with Bellatrix, Wormtail and Kreature as coldly as she does. To her they just needed to die, so well done.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »