Reviews for Rikku's Story
LilBlondeRikku chapter 25 . 11/29/2014
Oh my absolute god. I cannot begin to describe how much I loved this story. The characters, the plot, the way it was written, I loved all of it! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story and I can definitely see myself reading it again. I wish I'd found it years ago, but better late than never right? Well I hope you read this review, and I can't wait to read more by you!
BeautifulDusk chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Looking good so far, excited to read the rest!
Ha-seon chapter 25 . 12/1/2013
I truly adore this story. It's actually the first full length Rippal I've read, and it's fantastic. I'm so in love with it.
Ha-seon chapter 19 . 12/1/2013
/ POINTS AND ACCUSING FINGER

I KNEW IT WAS LREAV. THIS WHOLE TIME RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING I KNEW IT WAS HIM AND I DISLIKED HIM FAR MORE THAN LHAN.

That had to be in caps for you to understand how jubilant I feel at the moment. And pissed off. Because he betrayed his friend and that's nOT OKAY
Jessie Kaye chapter 25 . 10/22/2013
Just finished your wonderful Fanfic. I loved every second of it! well done! :) :)
Susan Drakian chapter 25 . 8/22/2013
Wow I couldn't stop reading this story it was so good and well written. I was up all night/most of the morning reading this. You did a great job
Susan Drakian chapter 2 . 8/21/2013
Ok I am loving this and I'm only on chapter one lol! cant wait to read the rest of it, So glad I found this. I had restarted the game for the seventh time and realized, I wanted to really read a gipple and rikku story, There's definitly something between them, I couldn't think of anything to write so I came to search. and found this so far amazing fic.

(And I needed a break on via infinito, after 50 floors you need a break) love it!
Byung Hee chapter 25 . 7/19/2013
The story was touching, enlightening and beautiful regardless of its coincidential tragic end. It was like a Shakespeare play mixed with Poe influence. All 25 chapters have been read and not regretted. It was so genuine and I feel like I, honestly, learned a new perspective of life that will perpetually motivate me.

To Rikku:

My dear, don't base your achievements and successes by other individual's standards as you are doing with Yuna. Life has a funny way of working out due to destiny; henceforth, no two stories are alike. You make you life and accomplishments. Yuna, the Sin slayer, had performed a great deed, but suffered a turmoil in her heart for 2 years because of the loss of someone special. Her successes were consistent, from your perspective, because her nature refuted her opportunity to become as Lenne had, and she naturally, and somewhat subconciously, filled her void with constant activity. Let your nature lead you into success, not your drive for it. You did well and I believe, regardless of the drawbacks, you had accomplished something real and big. Remember, you're only 17 and Yuna has 2 years on you. I also believe that one day, again, the Spirans will learn the futility of their incessant discrimination and although you and your people reside in a rut, it's always darkest before dawn.

::big hugs::

Stay up and thank you for the entertaining and motivational recollection.
BH chapter 23 . 7/18/2013
Truly amazing. Truly. There's nothing more that can be said. The way they keep in character without faltering is just astounding. And the conclusion of this chapter? Just what I was thinking:

Plan: Rikku is left behind and Gippal begins an acting career.

One thing I loved about this chapter is that there are many graphic natures that can take a true novel and spiral it into some off-brand wannabe Disney tale:

-Blood
-Drugs
-Sex (or lewd behaviors)

You've covered two and your latest development was so insanely surreal. The philosopy of death and catastrophe of bleeding out. Well done! Cuss words are nothing more than frank creations by enraged humans. Any intellectual being (or monkey) would agree that, "Like any accomplished gangster would say, any idiot with a red shirt can front as a blood." Consistently, any child can throw a tantrum and swear, but it is these other graphic natures that have turned you fan-fiction into a mature adult's novel. It is adulterated and I love it. Simply put.

It has a very realist perspective.
BH chapter 22 . 7/18/2013
That was beautifully written and the death scene was just amazingly realistic. Poor Rikku to have to go through that. Hey, I have 3 discrepancies:

1) This is SPIRA we're talking about- the spiral of death? Unless you're a regular civilian in the world, I HIGHLY doubt you'll find a romantic relationship without some sort of drama or action in it. It's not a bad thing in this story because if it was all pure lovey-dovey, it'd get boring fast. Yuna is the most iconic Spiran in terms of romance, and look what she's been through.

2) When Rikku was reflecting about what Lreav said in all those instances that aided her conclusion of him being the criminal mastermind, Gippal's statement (paraphrased?) "Lreav is the one you need to watch out for," should have been included. That basically takes the cake more than any other statement.

3) If Rikku could utilize the White Mage dressphere, why couldn't she use other dresspheres? Like...

Gunner: She abous'ta fire back.

Berserker: Her agility could very well warrent her some Agent Smithing.

Dark Knight: Deathproof could just as well be used in this situation when being shot in a vital location.

She cast Slow on the guards in Bevelle. Why couldn't she cast Haste here and dagger-deflect those bullets.

In a sense, I understand your situation, but that creates a hole in this scene. True, Rikku isn't the clearest picture on a CommSphere Network, but the fact that she mulled over the idea of dresspheres in her mind validates the utilization.
BH chapter 19 . 7/18/2013
Your skill of writing a mystery novel in such modern terms is surprisingly professional. It is at such an adept level that I'm sure you already do surpass popular authors. I recommend you send this to Square-Enix and enlighten them of your ability. If you've done it already and are currently waiting a response (STILL), then I pray to the dispersed Fayth that they seriously consider it. This has become my favorite book since Darren Shan's dimensions of horror, and I couldn't possibly call it anything less of epic.
BH chapter 18 . 7/18/2013
A very good stall chapter. I'm guessing it's because of the heat of these moments that Rikku forgot about Lreav's false resolve. Like I said, Lreav is a very suspicious character.
BH chapter 17 . 7/18/2013
This was a very dope chapter, and I could undoubtedly validate Rikku's character in the way she thinks. This was great! Rikku and Gippal, imho, are seriously interchangable! I could picture Gippal doing the same thing in this sitch! The thing about it is that Rikku was insulting herself in the previous chapters for not being as organized as Gippal in planning, but this chapter proves that the only difference between them is meditation- one of them is pre and the other is spur. Like said from antiquity, you leave a human in the wild, and it'll find a way to survive. Desperation is a key item and it can either break you or make you. It's lucid as to how it acted upon Rikku.

Great chapter. Full of that suspense!
Byung Hee BH chapter 14 . 7/14/2013
I always knew that somethinf was off about Lreav. I don't know why or what it was. Rather he was too kind or some other, but I'm like a bloodhound for this stuff. So... half-Al Bhed, hmm? I remain suspicious of him till the end. Maybe he's a cohort in the terrorist's plan... Or... OR! The guise of the terrorist belongs to him. You see, assume for a second that this is a two-man raid. One is usually the muscle while the other is the brain. We've had the revelation that the bombs were basic yet effective. Basic bombs don't have the luxury of remote/time proximity. Maybe he's the brain of the operation.

Hmmm... ::ponders::

Either way, another great chapter and I look forward to reading another. I'm making these reviews/deductive hypotheses as I read on.

Like I said, #likeL! Haha!
Byung Hee chapter 13 . 7/13/2013
I was thinking of this quite a bit.

Why doesn't she invite Rin to join. He happens to be a merchant of neutral faction but he still is, in fact, Al Bhed. If the Al Bhed sink, then by Spira, so will his stocks in his travel agencies. Besides, after his deductive exploits on the Mi'ihen Highroad, he'd be a perfect addition. However, your subliminal suggestion of Shinra was also just as commendable.

I was thinking the same thing about the sphere: Erasure.

While it may be true that Lhan had set up the A/V department, during the previous night, Lreav is the one who last had the sphere and camera. And as I stated in previous reviews, he has an air about him thay I don't like. While he is a nice- no- great guy, intelligent individuals have a 6th sense about suspicious characters. Of course, it could just be my imagination.

Remembering previous chapters, in a sense, Gippal is kind of a stranger as well. Until she saw him when the Gullwings got hired for Bikanel digging, Rikku had been distant from Gippal for a period of time. A good one. All she's doing that exempts him from 'not really knowing him' is assimilating the fact that they were childhood acquaintences. In that logic, Gippal is about as trust-worthy as Lreav to her.

Lastly, you have more information than you're caring to not overlook. Let's assume what the guards were saying was legitimate, not second-hand alleged.

The Al Bhed girl who got caught in the blast- was she brought in for custody/questioning or was she simply a hapless bystander? That part stressed ambiguosity. If it is the former and not the latter, then the terrorist is actually an Al Bhed female. That should narrow down your list even further.

Fuck Rin. I'm better.

I wanna be featured in one of your fanfics as an investigator. Possibly BH vs. L or N? (;
1,082 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »