Reviews for Notions
Bookish0278 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I liked how Tara reflected on how everyone was telling her "cat got your tounge" because it seems that Tara's family, who didn't seem to really "get" her would tell her that instead of waiting for her reply, like the Scooby Gang did.

Good job!

-Bookish
Kelsey Pearl chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Why is Tara so perfect? Why did she have to suffer! This was amazing.
fractured-fairytales-awards chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Notions has been nominated for The Reflecting Gods Award at Fractured Fairytales Awards. Contact us if you wish to decline or nominate your fic in other categories.
Wesfan1234 chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
This was the angst of angst. I feel so bad for Tara. Makes sense with what Tara ended up becoming before she met Willow.
Imzadi chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
This is another sad but excellent little Tara story. Poor child!
Just Wolf chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
that was scary, and so true to life, or at least tara's, you wrote it so well, it was really brillaint
teaonthestairs chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
Oh this was so sad! Oh little Tara is so cute and beautiful and Tara like! Is there going to be anymore in the series?
Veggie-Babu-chan who.needs.to.stop.being.lazy.and.login chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
AW! Poor Tara! I think Spike should've punched her Dad to see if HE was human! ..Hmm... *walks away pondering* VBC
mycrazylilstrawberry chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
I used to have a friend who had a speech problem. It wasn't stuttering, but it was a problem. I hated it when people made fun of her... i loved the story. Tara was one of my favorite characters from BtVS. Great story, but all of your stories are great so i shouldnt expect anything less
Spunky Lily chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Wow.

Poor, poor Tara. She's my favorite character on Buffy, and it pains me to see her so sad. High in the angst department indeed, but very, very good. Is it even possible for you to write something *bad*? :)

-The Phoenix
Passionatedarkness chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Aww poor tara thats so sad. I like it! Lol
ReganX chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Beautifully written. This storyu reminded me a little of 'Jezebel'. I wonder if Mr McClay was related to Drusilla's dad. They seem to be cut from the same vile cloth. Little Tara deserves a medal for being able to grow up and walk away from her 'family'.
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Bah! Stupid Tara's family. Or, "family", I think would be more fitting. This was great though, as you don't read many fics about Tara's past, especially not well written ones. I hate her father more than Donny, because he was only acting the way he was brought up, and that isn't entirely his own fault. It would be nice to see a continuation, something involving Tara and her mum, as that would soften things and probably be very sweet. I liked the way it was written, the language I mean, as it fitted in really well. Great little ficlet, despite the enormous amount of angst!
Ariel chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
Gidgetgirl,

So glad you tried out a fanfic on Tara's history. Usually I can take or leave Tara fics b/c they're often not that well written, probably due to the fact that she doesn't have a huge backstory to go on. Great writing, even w/ the angst, but it goes along with that one ep where her family came to visit and thought she was a demon and are all controlling. Loved the line, " Children were seen and not heard, and little girls were neither." Strong sentance, and showed just how dominating her father was.

Sorry to hear about your computer glitch and the lost material. I know how frusterating that can be. Great start on this one, and I'll be on the lookout for those rewrites.:) Ariel
Phoenix Moon 13 chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
Oh wow, that started off so sweetly and then ended on quite a sinister note. The sad thing is that that's probably exactly what went on in Little Tara's life. I enjoyed this, even though it was angsty and I'd like to see more of Little Tara. She was always a fave of mine.