Reviews for And They Say Chivalry is Dead
MinakoTrickster chapter 14 . 8/1/2014
I found this looking for the star pairing here, InoShika. It's actually really hard to find decent fics for this pairing. Yet you deliver in a cute and believable way. I mean, I could actually see this happening. Like it's an episode in the anime and, frankly, I would have thought Inoichi would have beaten Shika. I mean, he did throw that kunai to escape her and all.

But, it was such a Shika thing to do. Anything to leave the most troublesome of women... or one of them.

This was cute and it showcases such a light on the duo along with their upbringing. I have to admit, before I didn't see the appeal of this pairing, but going back and reading and I'm like... Why was I so blind?

And you make me think upon them further and I fell in love with this fic. You're a good writer. You have excellent attention to detail and you just paint the scenes... Oh, and the emotions! You got me. I'm sold and this is a favorite for me. You just have that touch that has made this one of the best fics I've read on this pairing and I thank you for it!
SI5EVA chapter 14 . 8/26/2012
Crazy cute! I adored it. I'm surprised they're only 12 though; I expected them to be a few years older.

"He had an urge to... to... strangle him, and feed him to the vultures." - quite possibly my favorite line. I feel like jealous!Shikamaru gives his character some much-needed passion. :D

Chouji's role was depicted flawlessly with his encouraging and light-hearted demeanor; totally in character (he invented ShikaIno hehe). The parents were brilliantly inserted into this sweet story. And the way Shikamaru and Ino were so unsure about their feelings and the other's reactions - adorable! Can't believe it all started with Shikamaru's kunai-knight; leave it to him to be so very confused about his feelings that even an IQ of 200 leaves him uncertain about his feelings.

I actually didn't expect Shikamaru to be the type to have conniving thoughts about getting Ino to like him; seems like it would just be too troublesome and he would rather (dejectedly) accept his "inadequacies." In all honesty, Ino's failed attempts to tell him about her feelings were quite un-Ino-like and when she lied and just let Shikamaru go off angry - that came off as out of character, as well as Shikamaru's monologue at that point (bitter thoughts about Sasuke were random, bottled up as they were). But aside from that scene, everything tied together well, particularly the ending which was so very great. :)

The chapter titles were lovely; the formatting of the story with its different perspectives and respective interactions was smoothly written. And I love how he dove for the crab. That's true love right there.
Mizuki San chapter 14 . 8/23/2010
The reason why I reviewed so quickly cuz I thought if I just reviewed the last chapter, it wouldn't be fair for u and how this is such a great story. I absolutely loved it and it saddens me how's it's over. Also the fact thAt how I missed this story that has been posted up 6 years ago. I wished I could have read it earlier but I'm just glad I read a wonderful story! I just love everything for this story!
Mizuki San chapter 13 . 8/23/2010
Nooooooo! Not the interruption! anyways, great chapter! It's sad to see that there's only one chapter left! :(
Mizuki San chapter 12 . 8/23/2010
Seriously? Again with the suspense!
Mizuki San chapter 11 . 8/23/2010
Omg, the wAy u ended this chapter? But good thing u already updated! Hah! Anyways, great chapter!
Mizuki San chapter 10 . 8/23/2010
I seriously love the memories. :)
Mizuki San chapter 9 . 8/23/2010
Nooooooo! Inoo! Noo! Just say it! But then that would rush the story and I don't want it to end!
Mizuki San chapter 8 . 8/23/2010
Awww! :D
Mizuki San chapter 5 . 8/23/2010
Nooooooo! She fainted! But the memory! :D
Mizuki San chapter 4 . 8/23/2010
Hahaha! Ino asking for chips? And the wAy asuma acted! Lol, again, good chapter!
Mizuki San chapter 3 . 8/23/2010
I like it. When sakura is her best friend instead of acting like a meanie throughout the story! Yay! Unless they're gunna be nice to each other! :) good chapter!
Mizuki San chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
Like I said before, interesting! I am already sucked into to this!