Reviews for The Gunblade Saga
Team Wingless chapter 1 . 6/8
Hey, I wrote the novelization of FF7 Crisis Core and saw this novelization posted up in a facebook group, so I thought I'd take a look. So far I've read two novelizations of FF6 and one of 7 but this is the first one I've seen of 8.

First off I love your title. Besides the Gunblade being a cool weapon in general, The Gunblade Saga sounds ripped out of a science fiction tome. As for the writing, this started off great, with a good visual description that transported me right onto that field. There wasn't much description of Rinoa in context though, so if I haven't played the game I wouldn't know what I'm reading.

As for your fight scene, I'm a connoisseur. It was far too long. A fight scene should be short, quick, be as fast on the page as it is in the real world, and what took something like ten seconds in the game took over two pages in your story. You don't have to describe every thrust and parry, that makes it so that no one can see it. Also, don't narrate during fight scenes. You wouldn't believe how much it slows the action down.

Overall, good write and I'm excited to see how this plays out.
Legacy Of Misspent Youth chapter 1 . 9/17/2015
Im gonna read this stories till the end!
qwerty chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
I feel your pain. NEVER try to type an audiobook.
x Euphoria chapter 23 . 5/19/2015
I liked that you took the outburst away and I liked your explanation on GF's. :)
x Euphoria chapter 20 . 5/18/2015
One thing that has always wrecked my brain was that the world KNOWS SeeD exists. So wouldn't they suspect these badass teenagers from Garden? :[ I just always feel so bad for Zell because with the way things went in the game Zell probably put a lot of blame on himself. Poor guy.
x Euphoria chapter 19 . 5/18/2015
I just REALLY love how you sprinkle tiny bits of Rinoa's past and father in your writing. I wish they would have dropped tiny hints like that in the game.

I agree with you that Timber did drag on. I liked the vibe of the town minus the Soldiers and Timber makes a great place for AU's haha.
x Euphoria chapter 18 . 5/18/2015
This was a really incredible chapter. Fighting scenes were sooo good. Most of the times I can't find myself to concentrate when fighting is going on when I'm reading but you held my attention the whole time and I loved every bit of it! The way you described the status ailments and limit breaks were awesome!

Hehe When Selphie says Love and Peace I always thing of Vash from Trigun.
x Euphoria chapter 17 . 5/17/2015
Thank you sooo much for giving background info on how Rinoa is able to use magic. It shouldn't be as simple as equipping a GF.
x Euphoria chapter 16 . 5/13/2015
Been really busy but haven't forgot about this story! Last few chapters have been wonderful and I really like this one.
x Euphoria chapter 11 . 4/30/2015
I've never read this story before but I'm so glad I stumbled upon it now. I've loved everything so far your details are amazing. I understand that this story is like 10 years old so don't worry about me trying to correct your grammar or something ridiculous like that :P

I've been dying for this chapter and I had to stop myself from skipping ahead lol.

I like that you introduced the White Seed early instead of him just showing up out of nowhere like in the game. Oh! I also loved the fact that Headmaster Cid was a Gunblade Specialist in his day. For me it was either Cid didn't do much fighting in the battle field but he was a brilliant man or he had a Gunblade. I really like the direction you went with your story and I'm excited to read more _.
newmoon26 chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
What's the official pairing?
Guest chapter 29 . 11/3/2013
Rinoa scratching Irvine is funny...? Man, she has temper issues if she beaned Watts just for waking her up...can't believe this is the girl Squall likes...
Never did like that scene in the game :/
Otherwise your story is great! Nice job bro :)
AceBlade258 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
I've read this story a dozen times, and I'm off to read it again now. I'm sorry for never leaving you a review (I don't remember doing so at least) and I probably won't do it again. I just wanted you to know that FFVIII is my favorite Final Fantasy title, and that every time I read this I can't help feel that you have done it justice. This is, without a doubt, one of my all-time favorite pieces of writing. I have given it about 4 years worth of consideration to come to that conclusion, and my decision never changed. You sir, have an amazing talent.
jt chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
you know peptuck, I've read this fanfiction over 5times now, and the first time i read this, i immediately fell inlove with your writing, I'm 22 now, and I'm still not getting tired of this especially of your Chimera series.. hopefully you'll finish the remake of Gundbalde saga...
Revan616 chapter 59 . 7/2/2012
you know even after all these years, after reading all your other works i still keep coming back to this one, possibly the best complete FF8 novel, thanks for the many years of great works and hopefully many more yet to come.