Reviews for Earning My Stars
MrUnclePeanuts chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
I like your story, but absolutely despise your Robin, which is not hard considering I don't think he's all that great in general. For me he tries to act like Batman too much, it's like be your own person dude. The way he treats Terra in this fic is also repulsive in my opinion, bordering on harassment. I also love how he's just all 'derp CONTROL YOUR POWER NOWZ!' where he has no actual powers and has absolutely no idea how hard it is to do so, I mean all he really had to learn about was Martial arts, while difficult to master true... I'd imagine it'd be nothing compared to learning how to control and master the earth. I'm pretty sure If she could she'd have It where she had ultimate control, he treats her as if she chose to not have control. Also, I literally laughed when he threatened her, yes Robin I'm sure she should be realistically scared of you, when she has the potential to raze an entire city to the ground. Good luck karate chopping through that one boy wonder.
epbabeambear97 chapter 5 . 7/21/2013
Amazing story! Loved it!
piratechicka chapter 5 . 7/1/2009
Aw, what a sweet ending! You have a great knack for writing too! Sucks that Raven had to die, but you stayed true to the characters all the way through which is hard, especially when you add your own twist to the story like you did. Hope you write more like this, and keep up the great work!
Expi00962 chapter 5 . 11/15/2006
-sighs sadly- It's over... I would complain that it's way too short, but... where else can this fic go? No where. You've done your job very well.

I loved the idea to have Raven die instead of Terra. Don't get me wrong, I luff them both to tiny, chibi-like pieces. It's an idea I'd never thought of or read about before, and I like it. I think that this is an incredibly realistic fanfic, one of the best I've read. No flattery intended. I like the self-doubt and inner hardships, as well as external hardships, that Terra goes through. The talk with Raven was a nice touch.

All in all, this is definately one for the favorites list. I'm sad that it's over... Keep up the good work, yes?

-Expi
Spirit of Vengeance chapter 5 . 9/12/2006
Good story, I like the plotline.
fortuitous-demise chapter 3 . 1/1/2006
good work
KP-X chapter 5 . 9/14/2005
This is exactly the kind of story that I'm always looking for Beast Boy and Terra, angsty and fluffy! Please keep writing! :D Long live BB and Terra!
ssjEasterBunny chapter 5 . 10/11/2004
Earning My Stars... When I first saw this story on the list, I could immediately tell from its title that it was gonna be a good one.

But 'good' doesn't even begin to convey what you've accomplished here. Narrating from Terra's POV is usually better than third person, and you had an appropriate ratio of action to thought. Neither too much nor too little of each.

Colorful fight scenes (though a little confusing), interesting detective investigations, suspenseful love conflicts, and a perfect amount of pillowy fluff. BTW, the fluff scenes when she was sleeping in chapter 4 and at the end of chapter 5 both brought smiles to my face; they just make the reader feel good inside, ya know?

Slade seemed a little complex for a robot, but oh well. He did a good job of haunting her, especially with the butterfly thing. Robin seemed a little harsh in whichever chapter Terra saw 'Slade,' but I think I commented about that in a previous review. You used it to your advantage, though, when you assimilated him to Batman-that was a nice touch. It kinda broke up the story a little bit so that it wasn't TerraTerraTerra 24/7 the entire time. I'm a big Terra fan, but even I will admit that a fanfiction needs some diversity.

You wrote a great story, and I know you won't mind if I add it to my favorites list. Strange, I've been writing/reading Terra since the beginning of August; I don't know how I missed this fic. Well, if I read it in August then I couldn't discover it today, right?

TERRA FOREVER! HAHA!

-ssj

PS: My AIM sn is ssjEasterBunny. IM me if you wanna chat bout our fics or anything else.
ninmenju-shin chapter 5 . 10/5/2004
I hate you _

Why do all the good authors have to be BB/T?

When I read that Raven died, and Beast Boy was mad at Terra, I was hoping it would be BB/Rae.

But no! It was fuckin' BB/T!

if someone you thought you loved set you up and betrayed you, then caused the death of one of your best friends, would you just forgive them?

NO! You would not!

Just so you know, this is a flame. Not just for you, but for all of you BB/T lovers out there. She died and she deserved it. Don't waste your time on a couple that's half dead.

Oh, and, if you're going to write about a backstabbing bitch, at least learn to spell her name.

T-E-R-R-A, spells Terra, another word for bitch.

Keep that in mind.
takeONElook chapter 5 . 8/29/2004
Wow. That was soo good. And that means a lot coming from a huge Terra-hater. She just seemed like such a Mary-Sue on the show. But the way your story portrayed her, well, I'm starting to not hate her as much, lol. *huggles Beast Boy* I love the fact that there was Rae/BB and Terra/BB in the same story. It was so cool.
Caj Valivian chapter 5 . 8/14/2004
very good _ do make more bb/ter stories
sonicfangirl chapter 5 . 7/21/2004
As someone who loves to write, I'm not just trying to be flattering when I say you have a good thing going here. Terra is an interesting character, and there are many more dramatic things that can happen to her as "the new titan". I hope that even though you consider your work on this project finished, you will take the time to read and consider my review. In short, PLEASE WRITE MORE!
sonicfangirl chapter 2 . 7/21/2004
Good point with the bathroom thing - you'd think that, seeing as they live in a skyscraper(half of which is never even used), they could have a couple more bathrooms(or give everyone their own, for that matter). I assume that in the last chapter, Robin borrowed money from his friend, and legal gaurdian, millionaire Bruce Wayne.
sonicfangirl chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Did you go to tvtome, too? How on earth do they know about shows BEFORE they're released to the public? Oh, well. But how could the writers kill off Terra? They have GOT to bring her back - she is my all-time favorite character!
Mads Mads chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
I loved your story! I have a stupid question- Has Aftershock pt 1&2 already aired? and if so, what channel?