Reviews for The Chosen Episode 8: Refrain
SlayGal chapter 5 . 8/18/2004
Haha funny ending there :) with Hannah and Giles :D lovely way to end all this mess with Xander and the band.

Good story idea for this chapter hehe and i liked it how Dawn said to Xander and you were my favourite, you were the only one who didn't try to kill me and there was Xander trying to kill her :P hehe

And in the introducing of Hannah was cool and very interesting since it had stuff to do with Gile's past...

I would like to see more Hannah and find out about who she 'really' is..

great work! keep it up!

-SlayGal-
beenieweenie chapter 5 . 6/28/2004
Excellent! I love it. YOu have all these great images in the story. From Dawn's plea that "Xander was the only one that hadn't tried to kill her" to Hannah's desire to go skydiving. Speaking of whom...I wasn't sure you could pull off any sort of wife for Giles, but you explained it well enough. Kudos.
Dilvish chapter 5 . 6/26/2004
Regular updates are good. The big bads feel just like the old Council, being so arrogant and having at least one Slayer working for them. But maybe they are effectively survivors from the Council. I don't think the fact that they're humans will pose a problem in the end. Buffy may object to killing humans but in Season 3, she did kill the rogue watcher Gwendolyn Post when it was necessary.

Kennedy's spell at least cleared some issues. It's good to see the Scoobies renew their bonds because the First really did a number on them in Seasons 6 and 7. I know it's only a theory, but I can't think of another explanation for their behaviour the last two years in Sunnydale.

Hannah is an interesting character; she could be the right one for Giles. No real pairings for now that makes me curious.

Five days till the next episode, just as long as it's not five weeks...
baileytc chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
I'm not sure why I haven't seen this series until now. At any rate, I read all eight episodes today and enjoyed them thoroughly. You write some of the best Willow-babble I've seen outside of the series, and the interplay between Buffy, Xander, and Willow in general is top-notch. In fact, every character voice seems extremely well done, even Giles, who sounds appropriately British and dry without being formal and stuffy.

I honestly don't have a major criticism about the writing here. Your "episodes" are well-paced and -plotted, and the dialogue (as I've said) is excellent.

Two minor quibbles: First, I'm not terribly interested in the junior Slayers and tend to skim those sections, so I'd prefer less about them and more about the established characters. Second, I'm growing impatient for Xander to regain his sense of purpose and take a strong role in the story. I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that he can't find work and that he's not crawling the walls without a job other than building some bookcases for Giles.

Other than that, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment!
Teri chapter 5 . 6/25/2004
You know. I really like Hannah. I hope you continue to use her in stories. VERY nicely done!