Reviews for Hush
WishingDreamer5 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Wow, this was very, very impressive! I loved the way you portraited both of them and the way this one-shot was written made me feel like I was there, too.
gleamfang chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
That last sentence is just too beautiful. Great job expressing Squall's innermost thoughts. I really think they fit him well.

Cheers

Keep Writing
irishais chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
Breathtaking. This is it, exactly what I look for when I look for fic of them. You have gotten it SO RIGHT, and the result is stunning.
Optical Goddess chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
that was really sweet! good choice of words and very poetic, I just love Squinoas! I love that little conversation you gave them b4 the big battle. the game doesn't address anything like that, it's like you find the castle, save your game, and boom, final battle time. but really, this is the last private moment they have b4 the battle, then they get lost trying to get back to their time, and the whole Rinoa running in the field, Squall is lost on a foggy plateau. So this was a great prequel moment for them, I loved it!
chrisVIII chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
I had your story bookmarked on my computer... But I would remember reading something that remarkable... So I guess I just marked it, to read it the next time I would get on-line, and then I forgot. but tonight, as I was going through all the pages I marked in order to find a specific one I need, I found yours back !

All this to say thanks for the break, it was an unexpected read but a very welcomed one as the story is truly amazing. I felt so relax and quiet reading it, and at the same time, I could feel the doubts and the fear of the characters. But it was all so soft and true... I'm not sure what I'm saying makes sense, I'm sure I know what I want to say either ;) what I do know though, is that "hush" is one of the best FFVI fanfiction I read so far. So, again: thanks !
Natersby chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
...I've never gone to review a fanfic piece of writing and felt so speechless!

This is professional writing, and easily the best I've read on and trust me, I've read a lot. This has amazing depth and understanding of the characters... my mind is blown.

By the time I go to review, I usually have a bunch of criticisms cataloghued in mind to put in the review, cynical being that I am. But I cannot find one single thing in this whole piece to complain about.

I guess there's no greater compliment I can pay you than you've made me want to become a better writer. I hope I come to portray characters as well as you do here, with the same kind of depth!

Amazing. (I hope I haven't given you an ego problem!)
anon chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Brilliant narration of the two protagonists.

Not often do you see this kind of depth being expressed in a fanfic.

I really hope you keep writing
Rosa Heartlily chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
I really enjoyed this. There is so much emotion from both of them. It seems like a much neglected part of the game in terms of fics, and I'm so glad you wrote about it.

Well done!
Lassarina Aoibhell chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
This is absolutely wonderful. I love the imagery at the beginning of the sky and the paint-water; it's beautiful and really makes me see it. You bring out the atmosphere very nicely, and the weight of expectations. Wow.

One small nitpick: "happiness was a physical phenomena." - Phenomenon should be singular here, not plural.
cirruscastle chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
I really love your descriptions. I love the way you describe the sky in Ultimecia's world and the idea that time is difficult to gauge even for someone as practical and well-trained as Squall.

I find it intrgiuing that Squall is so taken in by the idea of destiny when it was Seifer who believed in Romantic Dreams.

I love Squall's uncertaintly and the way he seems unable to grasp onto anything definite in his thoughts. That seems to me very like his in-game introspection and also very like a teenager.

I love that you deal with the sounds of the castle as well.

I love the way that Squall dismisses words as the most important way of communicating and they way he thinks about Rinoa, as someone he needs. He isn't excessively mushy about it, because Squall wouldn't be.

I love the way that Squall is so insightful about Rinoa, that he realizes he can't actually count on her either because she can't even count on herself, young as he is and filled up with new powers she doesn't even understand. That is beautifully insightful.

I love the way Squall sees Rinoa as his intuition, the side of him that doesn't think before acting. I also like the way he second-guesses his feelings for her.

I adore the idea that when Squall fell for Rinoa something in him broke. That's a beautiful image. I really love the way you write them as very much in love, and you make it so believable.

I like the idea you keep retruning to that Squall really didn't change as drastically as we might have thought, that actually he just found something inside himself, rediscovered the possibility of something that was already there.

I love the last line too. It would seem to be a cliche, but with the lovely practicality of Squall's earlier thoughts about stars for the sake of navigation, it becomes a completely acceptable Squall thought for me. I really enjoyed this story.

Nitpicking:

"How much of it was natural" Join this to the previous sentence with a comma.

"His long fingers unused to feeling anything but the inside of his gloves, Squall moved carefully and deliberately. " Connect this to the previous sentence with a semi-colon.

"In the cold, empty perfection of space, where it had seemed that they were the only people in existence, and that nothing which mattered in the real world really mattered at all. He had felt her weight against him, delicate but tangible." Replace the first period with a comma.
Kyker chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
That was exactly what every story should be. You've got a lot of talent.
JayLiyah chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
This was simply lovely.. an very accurate look into the mind of our broody hero, Squall. You did wonderful, no doubt about it. Creating this little scenario and giving us an retrospective view of their relationship was definitely insightful. I love it.
SkItZoFrEaK chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Oh yes, I loved it. An interesting interaction between two good characterizations - I liked that line about how this isn't what Squall became, but what he was all along. Kudos.
sulou chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
That was beautiful. This scene has been written many times with just as many versions of what may have happened between Rinoa and Squall before they entered the castle - to me this one stands above the rest and IMHO with insightful and believeable take on what might have been going through Squall's mind at the time.
Ashbear chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
Well, I am sitting here trying to think of what to type and I just... can’t. It’s been years since something has gotten to me like this, and I feel horrible for not discovering it sooner. Your perspective into their personalities is just perfect... I just hope you know what an inspiration this is to everyone, to me. On the other hand, it makes me never want to attempt to write again, because... that is just remarkable. I hope that you are still writing, or reading this, because your talent is astonishing and I for one am speechless. Again, just...thank you.