Reviews for Conversations with the King
Catherine Maria chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
A very sweet chapter. Finally everyone gets to have an (overall) good day. And an inspired choice of names for the girls (certainly didn't see the twins "twist" coming!). I also liked the part where the boys dress up and have 'rations' with Aragon. A nice, quick and easy read.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 7 . 7/8/2004
The names Eomer gave the dogs cracks me up... especially Princess, and the reason why. I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing that I was shaking!

Sad it's over, but excellent story.
Catherine Maria chapter 4 . 7/8/2004
I think this is one of your strongest chapters yet. The discussion between Arwen and Eowyn is very powerful and deeply touching. It is very logical and reasonable that an elf, whose life is so rarely touched by death, should have such a strong reaction to it. Very thoughtful and well written.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 6 . 7/8/2004
Aw!

*happy squeal*

um... yeah. That pretty much sums it up.
maila chapter 7 . 7/8/2004
This was a fantastic story, very interesting to read. I particulary enjoyed the interaction between Aragorn and Eowyn and Faramir. Hope you'll write more stories!
Crimson chapter 7 . 7/8/2004
Wonderful story! And what a wonderful closing paragraph:

"..storied home of Elrond Half-Elven, the Last Homely House East of the Sea, a refuge, a place where hope had been nurtured, where time and memory met and stood still as the ages passed. The sound of a bell came floating up through the mist to the top of the gorge and although he had never been there before, Faramir felt as if he were being called home."

The good Professor couldn't have improved on that! Bravo!

I would love it if you continued the tale with the story of Faramir and Eowyn's travels. Do they make it to the Shire? Or is the Shire already off limits to the big folk by order of King Elessar? Think of all the possibilities in continuing your tale! Come on, you know you want to write more. I know I want to read more!
AM chapter 7 . 7/8/2004
Thank you so much for such an exciiting and touching tale. I enjoyed reading it.
clairon chapter 6 . 7/8/2004
AWH!

Great chapter!
Raksha The Demon chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
Big "Aw" for this chapter. As Robert Heinlein once said, the man who can resist raising twin girls hasn't been born. Or something like that. Those girls are going to be so spoiled. Or maybe not, with all those brothers.

As touching as it was to see the little Hurin girls, my favorite part of this chapter was the scene where the Hurin boys play 'Ranger' in Uncle Aragorn's room, with field rations. It just rang so true, and yet was a bit poignant.
Catherine Maria chapter 3 . 7/6/2004
Oh dear, I seem to have fallen behind.

Very lovely chapter. You've probably already heard this, but my favorite part is when Faramir is leaving and Aragon holds his head and tells him that he has his love, trust and thanks. I imagine that in the darkest hours of the deepest nights there is a part of Faramir that wishes he and his father had parted just like that. To have those words spoken to him must be the greatest of treasures.

I also enjoyed the scene when Eowyn was feeding Aragon. He really is the type of person everyone depends on and, yet, it is easy to forget that he might occasionally need someone to lean on too. In fact, he would forget it too! I thought how Eowyn handled it, by asking him to remember a time when someone had cared for him, was brillant! A very sensitive thing for her to do.

Now then, I think the funniest part was Eomer not wanting to be left alone with Aragon! Here he is - king - responsible for an entire country and all of her people, and he's worried about being left to sit with a sleeping man! LOL

BTW -I hope you won't leave us in suspense at the end and we eventually find out if Eowyn gets her little girl!
estelcontar chapter 5 . 7/6/2004
Thank you for a beautiful and well written story. I have been enjoying myself a lot reading it.

I dont know how you plan to end it, but I do hope we get to see a glimpse of Aragorn and Arwen achieving their hearts desire.
grumpy chapter 5 . 7/6/2004
what a wonderful chapter, and great names for the twin girls. loved the chapter from start to finish, with Aragorn trying to get Faramir to help him escape. Famamir's family is great, glad that Aragorn and Arwin are going to try again. looking forward to more
tychen chapter 5 . 7/6/2004
Trying to keep Aragorn from pushing himself too hard should prove 'fun',so he really is on the mend now?What a nice suprise twins,didn't see that one coming,and being in such close proximity for the birth seems to have eaased Arwen's fears enough to want to try again,so thats to more,can't help thinking that unless you plan a short story there are more twists in this tale yet to come.
BM originally chapter 5 . 7/5/2004
This is absolutely wonderful! I dearly love this story! You are truly a fantastic writer-your characterizations of cannon characters are exactly as I picture them and I can see every that is happening so clearly in my mind's eye it's like I'm there. You have brought such depth and realism to every character you write, and I can empathize with them-they are so real to me! I love the boys and can clearly see them and their different personalities. You have done a masterful job with this story. I don't read too much LOTR fanfiction, so I hadn't seen this story before, but now I can't wait for me, and this is definitely going on my favorites list and alert list! Please keep up the excellent work!

BM

PS-you should seriously considering writer a novel-I definitely think you have much more than enough talent to excel at it!
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 7/5/2004
Delighted that Eowyn has her little daughters and Aragorn and Arwen are going to try for loved theFaramir scene and am pleased the story isn't over yet.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »