Reviews for Conversations with the King
Rosie26 chapter 2 . 6/29/2004
Love it. Naked back in the first chapter, and taking off wet clothes in this one.

Oh, and the story is good as well. I love the relationship between Aragorn and Faramir, and the picture you portray of family life in Ithilien.
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 6/28/2004
This is a wonderful story,heartrending and full of emotion. I love update soon as I want to know if Aragorn recovers !
PrincessFaz chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
Well, I guess it's OK considering it's not a ginger haired Faz...: ) I'm still picturing DW though, cant help it!
Evenstar Elanor chapter 2 . 6/28/2004
ah. there is much to be commended in this chapter. i like the many sides of Faramir, the worried Steward, the younger brother, loving husband, tired man prioritizing his duty, and the Captain of the Rangers. i think i'm missing some, but u get it.

yea! aragorn awoke! like the connection between the King & His Steward, and how Faramir is so worried, and that, despite their differences, they both love Gondor so. sometimes Aragorn even reminded Faramir of Denethor and he didn't like that...

u had me REALLY worried when Faramir came back, drenched to the bone, w/o Eomer, and i like how u characterized him too, cursing softly but fervently under his breath.

love the boys, Bron taking charge! Orc captain to level Minas Tirith-Eomund...
Fionnabhair Nic Aillil chapter 2 . 6/28/2004
Excellent again. Your grasp of the friendship between Aragorn and Faramir is particularly good. The suspense is nuilding very well (though I dread to think to what point - I keep getting visions of them having to flee the flood in the middle of the night, and having to wrestle Aragorn into a cart) Keep up the good work.
lelegurl9 chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
aw poor aragorn! i hope he gets better! update soon!
grumpy chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
great start to your story, and very well written,love how you have done the characters, already hooked, hurry up with more.
Catherine Maria chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Wow, a lot of work went into this chapter didn't it? Very dramtic beginning to the story!

Things I thought worked particularly well:

1) Eomer naming his dog Grima. I absolutely believe he would do something like that!

2) Faramir's reasoning for not going with Aragon & Eomer. Other than wanting to be with his wife he would be sensitive to their need to have some "down time" - when they could be just men and not kings.

3) The moment when Eowyn is faced with having to risk Aragon's life to save it and she realizes how much she owes him.

On the humorous side I thought the bit about Eowyn being jealous of Eomer's hair and her moments of "tending to him" were particularly funny!

Fabulous beginning - can't wait to see where you go with it!
mbali chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
tihs is really good. captivating.

althought, really...groin? i hope you don't actually mean...well, lets just say that i love aragorn too much to wish for anything of that sort to happen.

otherwise, excellent, can't wait for more :)
elfwomen chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

All i can say - really enjoyed this - please continue soon!

* one member of elfwomen *
Shallindra chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
I am glued to my seat! UPDATE!
Fionnabhair Nic Aillil chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
I really enjoyed this - it was humourous and dramatic. Your characterisation of Éowyn, Faramir et al is very engaging - I'm just dying to see what happens next. Between an eight months pregnant Éowyn, flooding and an injured Aragorn you've managed to create a lot of suspense - I hope you update soon.
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Well I was sitting down feeling all kind of fluffy and mellow and then you changed the atmosphere totally with some drama - great stuff!

I loved this bit...

"You can stay up reading all night if you like." Her tone made clear exactly her feelings should he decide to do so." We know who wears the trousers in that family!

Should someone explain to Faramir and Eowyn that they aren't rabbits?

Oh yes..and I've been quite unsettled by the thought of Faramir's naked back...

Very enjoyable - as always. Very well written - as always.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
A great first chapter - blood, gore, a lovely dog and five adorable boys. The medical details are well written and credible.

Poor Grima.

And I hope that Eowyn has a girl!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Wonderful story,you had me on the edge of my chair !Please update soon.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »