Reviews for Lament for the Fallen: Mighty Hector
Linnath chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
I love Hector, and i hate Achilies (don't know how to spell that)for killing him and treating his body in the way he did.

loved your poem! it cought the greif of the death of the only decent person in the whole bloody city of Troy very well!

Eleiel

one more thing, I think Hector had son,("Andromache, lament is your toll

Alone, without child or love, sorrow falls") but that might just have been in my Black Ships Before Troy.
unrecognizablesn chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
You seriously should have been a bard during the seige of Troy. You would have done Homer proud...plus you could just laugh at the sheer irony of seeing the city burn. That had to be my favorite part of the movie..."BURN TROY, BURN! :maniacal laugher:"
Anna Jamisen chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
This is beautiful - I enjoyed it very much
Cassandra Anthemyst chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
I like your prose; it's very Homeric. You capture the tragedies of the Trojan war very well here ). Keep on venturing out of the Tolkein fandom!
ELSA chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
DANG! i is enlightened, and i know to a greater extent you are crazy! ood stuff man! lol!
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
Beautiful! Fate treated Hector so cruelly, that the only true hero should be struck down and his body defiled. Ah, strong feelings about this subject... Anyway, your writing is very professional. Great job.
Miscellaneous Trojan chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Wow. That was incredible!

It actually sounded Homeric, which is tough to capture. Keep up the good work :).
Jarrad chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
*Grins*

Someone should look up 'Hector' in the dictionary...

I really enjoyed reading this. Very potent in its linguistics without having to explain itself.

After Andromache (And possibly Cassandra), I think I find Hector to be the most Tragic character in the Trojan War. But unlike the other reveiwers, I've always found people empathizing with Hector.

The only thing that I find even remotely wrong with this is the lack of commas at the end of each stanza. But I guess its your poem. try adding the in with the beats and see how it goes.
Nymredil72 chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
This was very, very good. Your word usage was just... stunning... it reminded me very much of the part (fogive me, I am not nearly as well versed in the Iliad as you) when Andromache, Helen and (erm... how do you spell Hector's mother's name?) Hecabe(?)mourn Hector's death at his funeral. And the part about Astyanax... I dunno... I just really liked it... I remember when I found out what happened to him for the fist time... I was just shocked, so I always like it when somebody mentions him, because I felt so bad for him!

I am so glad to find somebody else who likes Hector. When we read the Iliad in my english class I was so annoyed, because everybody was talking about him like he was the villian. And when I saw Troy, somebody actually cheered when Achilles killed him! :O! I, for one, felt like cheering when Paris killed Achilles, but that's just me :P.

Anyway, this was brilliant! And I am very much jealous of the fact that you can write about something other than LotR, something that I seem unable to do... which reminds me... I did get your review for "Sam's Farewell to the Beer-Barrel in the Cellar," and thought that it was funny that you would say that I never write anything happy, because I had just finished thinking about that myself. I suppose my story about Frodo and the donuts could be considered happy, except I had to add that little bit of Shakespearean tragedy at the end :P. But, have you written anything happy? All of your poetry seems rather mournful... But I thank you for your kind review.

Toodles!

-Nymredil

(btw, I have you on my author alert list, so you don't have to tell me the next time you post something. buh-bye!)
Roisin Dubh chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
This was excellent! I'm very impressed. Feel safe to venture out from Tolkien's world, Evenstar... let your light shine elsewhere as well.
Miriel Amarian chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
I like. I really, really like. For once, Hector is portrayed in a good light. Most people seem to see him as a murderer, which is wrong, because he probably would not have killed Patroclus if he knew who it was. Very good job showing the futility of the Trojan way.