Reviews for Paths Once Taken
Too Dam Sweet chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
The bes story I have ever read. Great job
txalb chapter 6 . 3/7/2005
This is an absolutely beautiful story. It's well written and made me keep reading despite the length. You have a real talent for grabbing onto my emotions and yanking me in different directions. When Merina died I almost cried and I could feel the weight of death on Gabrielle's shoulders when she mourned the loss. Also her grief when she discovered what her daughter was capable of. I was a little disappointed that she and Ipiphany didn’t ever talk about her willingness to kill, but hey, you can’t get everything and the rest of the story more than makes up for it. You also had me laughing when Gabrielle taught the soldier a lesson while her guards told King Triton why they don’t interfere. Beautifully written.

You have a wonderful writing style as well. The flashback to the past were well spaced and I felt that they flowed with the story line. They were also one of the reasons that kept me reading because I just wanted to know what was going to happen next and what split Xena and Gabrielle up. I am definitely fan of the show and reading your story I didn't get the feeling that it was a stretch for them to part ways after what had happened. It was very smooth and true to the show, especially since you placed the story in the third season.

As far as grammar goes, I saw very few errors, the only ones that I saw repeatedly was that you tend to use "your" instead of "you're". But other than that there wasn't really anything glaringly obvious. Good Job.

You surprised by with the decision to make Lord Winston give up at the end, but the more I thought about it, it did seem like something that would have been true to his character. I got the impression that he really did care for his country and was willing to do anything for it and he saw his actions as being the best for the country. There was also evidence that he would act this way from the beginning when he tried to take over when King Triton was gone. All the characters stayed true to character and it made the story that much richer and more in depth.

Overall I am so happy that I stumbled across this story, I was looking to see if you had updated some of your other works (of which I am a fan of…one is on my favorites list) when I ran across this gem. It’s always a treat to see that you’ve updated. Keep writing, so many of us enjoy it even if we don’t ever let you know.

Thank you.
JESSEK chapter 6 . 6/29/2004
I loved your story. I haven't came upon it until now. Please write more fics like this soon. PLEASE!