Reviews for Sunrise
Chris of the Skazes chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Wiping tears from eyes and following.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
She's Chaotic Neutral, isn't she? Still and all, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only BG-lover who favors the Bard.
SassMasterStark chapter 4 . 2/2/2011
Your use of flashback to not only show and support Firtha's mischievious side but to also portray the prejudice following her untimely heritage is exceptional! I also love the fact that Firtha is presented as "the only shy bard". It makes sense really, and it further adds to her charismatic character! _
SassMasterStark chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Once again, very fluid. Your descriptions lightened though, but it did not negatively affect the particular chapter. I very much liked your portayal of Xzar and Montaron, and it was a very interesting how you gave Montaron the ultimate credit for the disposal of the bounty hunter. It added the more storylike tone to the writing rather than it being obviously based on the game. I also liked how you foreshadowed Imoen's future dabblement in the arcane arts with her facination with the scrolls. My only critisism is that the physical features of the friendly arm Inn could have been more pronounced. If you can recall the pre-entering clip upon reaching the area emphasized the immensity of the inn as a successful establishment. Overall, I enjoyed this chapter very much. It's interesting to see how Firtha and Imoen adapt to the illustrious life of an adventurer.
SassMasterStark chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
First off, I would like to say that I went through the trouble of creating an account solely based on the fact that I very much relished the personalized plot and adapted original characters. Your interpretation of the NPC’s was also impeccable. You seemed to have put much effort and thought into the presenting of the exposition, something which I applaud, being of an overall languorous character, such pursuit of perfection is often lost in my own pursuits of literature, original or otherwise.

Another aspect of this particular piece was the fact that you not only moved away from the plot, but also added your own stylized realism to the mix. I am being rather presumptuous in reviewing before I have read more, but alas, my own impatience to comment surpasses the will to refrain.

To add to the bestowment of compliments I rarely confer, I adored the fact that proper description was not lost in your plot line. It seems that often times writers lose the will to implement proper description in their anxiousness to present their plots and characters.

Mentioning characters, your character development is wondrous, and the original characters are not bland as in most writings. I will say that my spirits fell when I realized the latest of these stories had not been updated in quite some time. The end of this wondrous collection of stories looms ever heavily in the distance.

I would urge you to, in the case that Firtha’s own story is concluded, to create another, with not necessarily the same plot line of Baldur’s Gate. I believe you very capable of creating your own, and I advocate you to expand. I hope to see more from you in the future!
NinjaHannah chapter 17 . 8/14/2010
Fritha will always be one of my all time favorite characters. You write her beautifully and I don't think anybody could not love her. I enjoyed watching throughout the story how your writing got better and I can not wait to read the sequels and see how much better it gets. At some points I even teared a little bit (and I'd like to think I'm not much of a crier).

I had just found this story recently but it was so good I rushed to get through it. Everyone was how I would imagine them to be and Fritha was just brilliant.

I loved this story, and keep up the good work! I'm going to start The Zenith about... now. :D
Supercalifrajalistic chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I would just like to say that your writing is the main reason that I actually created an account on this site. I wanted to send you at least one review to tell you how much I've appreciated your stories.

I've been following Fritha's journey for a while now and have been amazed at the range of emotions you can pull out of me in each chapter. You've created such a well rounded character that I've been able to really care what is happening to her! That may sound silly, but I believe that many authors miss the mark when it comes to actually connecting you with the characters. Not just Fritha, but the whole "family" are interesting to watch, as they all change and grow in believable ways.

I have no real criticisms for you at all. Sorry if that's not helpful, but I enjoy your style of writing very much. I do wish that things would look up for Fritha in this final stage but I shall enjoy reading regardless.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful work!
Arkeus chapter 17 . 9/8/2007
weird. The whole thing was as if they didn't improve, it was really an advanture more than a d&d thing.

i will read the sequel later, i guess :-)
Arkeus chapter 12 . 9/8/2007
i really didn't like the hwoel nikklos subplot, and wondering if there is a point to it...?
Arkeus chapter 10 . 9/8/2007
mh...i can't remember that, does he have the nymph cloak or something?

argh.
Arkeus chapter 9 . 9/8/2007
someitmes, i worry baout fritha's moral, sometimes i do not.

Sometimes i worry about imoen too :-)
Arkeus chapter 8 . 9/8/2007
hum?

what's happening?

oh well, great work so far.
Arkeus chapter 7 . 9/8/2007
it's interesting, you don't seem to have people really growing stronger, so far, and fritha is still not casting spells...
Arkeus chapter 6 . 9/8/2007
good, though sometimes i worry about Fritha.

but still, excellent.

imoen powa!
Arkeus chapter 5 . 9/8/2007
beautiful end.

And it's intriguing hw you have characters still be annoying and young like imoen, but like able.