Reviews for Shadow Lord's Bane
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 1 . 8/29
I love you. I wish I found you sooner.
KiraReySolo chapter 20 . 12/30/2013
I really love this story. It's my second time reading it, and it's just a very nice, unique story. I love your take on Link, and he reminds me of Jack Sparrow quite a lot.
Total Romance Fan chapter 18 . 12/14/2013
Why'd they capture Zelda and Kerric? Ok, so I understand why they'd capture Zelda, but why Kerric? If anything I thought they'd capture they girls
Total Romance Fan chapter 17 . 12/14/2013
Ha! His excuses for not being able to kill them are so lame, it's funny! Nice work, to bad Zelda has to wear an eyepatch, I hope that goes away soon? ;)
Total Romance Fan chapter 2 . 12/14/2013
I agree with Zelda, Link is getting worse and he's being a bit of a show off, which with all this trouble he's causing makes me dislike him.
Total Romance Fan chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
What the heck happened to Link?! He's like Gandork! Only worse! He's actually enjoying this madness!
audacity.artist chapter 20 . 7/31/2013
The ratio of amount of times I've laughed while reading this to the amount of times I've reviewed in your stories is disgraceful. This is me repenting.

The Shadow Lord of Castleton is, for me, one of the most impressionable (and eccentric) characters I've ever encountered in fiction. And I love him. There's just no way getting around that. If a man like him existed in the real world, I'd either have him locked up in the bowels of an underground asylum or declared him king of the universe (once I gained the authority to officially declare things like that of course).

I hope the day you stop writing never ever comes. And I hope the great Shigeru will someday make the Shadow Lord's adventures a reality.

And because I cannot give you a like or a thumbs up because this is ...

Here, sir, have an authentic Green Hat.
ByLanternLight chapter 20 . 9/17/2012
An interesting alternative take on Link's character. Well worth the read. 4/5.
FlyingHigher chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
So far I've read "The Apprentice" and "Rebel Assassin." When I read the description for this story, I got really excited. I saw "Humor" and I got even more excited. And you delivered! Link's personality reminded me so much of Captain Jack Sparrow that I couldn't help but picture him walking around like the pirate! Awesome characters and great jokes! I cannot wait to read another story that falls under the "Humor" category from you! My only concern was that the relationship between the Princess and the "Shadow Lord" seems to change overnight. One minute they're arguing, and the next minute they're confessing their love to each other? I was a little confused, but I loved it nonetheless! In fact, their awkward relationship is one of the best aspects of the story! Never stop writing. You're good at it.
Screen chapter 20 . 4/10/2012
My thoughts on this story can be summarized as: lol. This story was hilarious and had me laughing out loud at many parts. It sounds like you had a lot of fun writing this, and like wise I had a ton of fun reading this.
Telegram chapter 20 . 2/15/2012
I thought that you managed balancing realism with light-heartedness masterfully in the story. Character development was well-done, and you managed to surprise with the relationship. Rojan was awesome, too. Again, how you managed to balance a cynical hero with the general tone world was rather skillful, with a unique Link too. And thank you for correct grammar and spelling. I like to think we should always enjoy the basic things in life.
RiderlessWolf chapter 10 . 3/13/2011
Best humor fic I've read here yet. Granted, I've gotten to the point where I avoid many in the humor/parody genre because they tend to be tastelessly silly and clich├ęd, to put it nicely... But your story thus far has been great! And your usage of Link's hat as a running gag is done so well, you don't over use it, and you bring it in at the most unexpected moments.

Excellent work... mate.
ConGie chapter 20 . 11/16/2010
I finally decided to give this one a read, figured it was probably better than it sounded, and I was right in assuming so. I think my favorite scene was with the owl lol. "I love you, I just wanted you to know that" XD oh too much! You had a rather abrupt ending however, it was like "halt! (hammerzeit!)" but I guess that's okay, it had to end sooner or later, I just wasn't expecting it to end like that.

And yes, Rebel Assasin was by far the best.

The Sage of Water,

Hidari chapter 20 . 6/30/2010
I was going to avoid this fic cause who'd really believe that Link and Zelda can't stand each other when I saw 'Humor' and thought to give it a try. Glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed your mad 'mad' Link. Found those Star Wars bits esp. hilarious. Was wondering several chapter back why Zelda didn't seem to have Wisdom and found out just now why. Honestly, I was chuckling and laughing over this bit of inasnity every chapter of the way. My only dissappointment is Link not being right in the end in that the cuckoos actually have taken over the world. Anyway, bravo! Kudos to you.

On a typical reviewer note, you may want to fix your redundant "most fastests" or the like. I spotted about two.

Thanks again! It was a great laugh. And though mad and OOC a lot of the time, Link is a damn smart leader and still every inch the Hero, eh?
einheri chapter 2 . 5/22/2010
The Shadow Lord opened his mouth. "I" A heartbeat. "Am." A blade trembled. "Bloody." A shuffle of feet. "Well." Another heartbeat. "Sorry." Something metallic dropped to the ground somewhere behind them. "For." Someone sniffed. "Bloody." A boot scuffed the ground. "Everything."

makes me laugh everytime i read this part