Reviews for I Am Scabbers, Hear Me Roar
Clover12 chapter 1 . 11/26/2001
wow.. that was good. poor Peter!
Luckfire chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
Oh, very nice. This captures a lot of the pettiness, jealousy, greed, and ambition of Pettigrew. It's nicely done; I just went to a workshop today on switching between the past and present, and you've done an admirable job. Thank you for not labelling the years or putting in a "Now we're time-warping to their fifth year"; those are the rip-offs to end all rip-offs. I have to question, however, the timing when it says: "He had his own slogan now, that he’d whisper to himself every time the Potter-worshipers chanted 'No PIG': 'One Dead, One in Azkaban.'" If this is school-time Peter talking, there's no way he could know that James would be dead and Black in Azkaban. If it's post-MWPP tragedy, then why are the Potter-worshipers chanting "No PIG"? You'd think they'd have something better by now, like "Remember the Potters!" or "Cheers! Voldie's a *stiff*, man!" [grins] Oh, yeah - any thoughts on why Peter ended up in Gryffindor to begin with? He seems caught somewhere between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, doused in cowardice, whininess, and enough ambition to keep Malfoy going for a month, not to mention that he sure knows how to look out for number one. Does it actually *say* in the books that he was Gryffindor? Anyway, keep writing, and may the wind be at your back.
Bronze Eagle chapter 1 . 6/23/2001
Yet another story from Wormtail's PoV, but this was just spectacular! It shows how jelous he was of MP&P, and yet why he was still friends with them. I liked the part in the beginning with Snape. Please write more like this (actually, I need to go to your profile to see if you have). ~Bronze Eagle
Lairy Fights chapter 1 . 6/8/2001
(I just love the title!) Pettigrew is a tough one to figure out. What would make someone betray their best friends so cruelly? Most people think he was a coward, but this doesn't mesh with him being in Gryffindor. I really like your characterization - even if it is disturbing to see him filled with so much hate. It's an original take on him. I also loved your characterization of Lupin (you are the master) and Sirius. But I think that James was a pureblood. Good job!
gumdrop chapter 1 . 6/5/2001
great! This is an original story, i like it a lot. It's very different to what's normally written in HP fanfic.
Auror5 chapter 1 . 6/1/2001
Hey, that was really good...and sad. This is the first story I've ever read from Scabbers/Wormtail/Pettigrew's POV. Boy, he was messed up. He didn't really see things properly, did he? You know, how things *really* are, not as he imagined them to be. Poor Peter, so insecure. BTW, was James Muggle-born? I thought he was pureblood.
Mountainside Kilts chapter 1 . 5/28/2001
Amazing. The first story I've read in which Peter is, in my opinion, characterized perfectly. Wonderful.
hermonie chapter 1 . 4/23/2001
wow, i really like this. a completly different take on scabbers. bravisimo
Luna chapter 1 . 4/22/2001
Very well written, though it DID destroy just about any sympathy I had for Peter (b/c Remus rules!)
Unicraze chapter 1 . 4/14/2001
Ooh, great story. It's a good explanation in my opinion, and quite original. You gace Peter a decent Griffindor personality, instead of just a scared kid. Way to go.
RenegadeLegacy chapter 1 . 4/9/2001
You're mean to poor Wormtail! He doesn't hate them, he's just scared! ~thwacks you with her magical soapbox of WONDERS~
TicTac chapter 1 . 3/16/2001
I still think Peter's a jerk. Anyone who could betray friends is a jerk.
Cairnsy chapter 1 . 2/25/2001
Fantastic story, I love the cynical yet strong light you portrayed Peter in. Most people who write him lean more towards him beign weak, but the way you made him manipulative - with reasons, was really interesting.
procyon chapter 1 . 2/18/2001
*roar* Um, Scabbers is in a whole new (and rather cynical) light after reading this...
Lizyrd chapter 1 . 12/27/2000
heheheee... "I am Scabbers- hear me Roar" was a GREAT title.. theory was good.. but I don't like the image of Marauders as cruel. I always thought Pettigrew was just weak.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »