Reviews for Guiding Star
D-I-WaRrIa chapter 21 . 10/13/2004
OMG! OMG! This is just part ONE! OMG! I love this story, it has soo amny twists and turns and the grammar is the best I've ever seen! I love it so much! Please update your new story soon! SEQUEL SEQUEL! hehe. Anyways, you said you could read mine, could you please give me some constructive critism, i need, really!

UPDATE SOON!
J.M. Howard chapter 21 . 10/13/2004
Admirably done, m'lady. I always enjoy it when the folks from either the JLA or the Bat Family pop up. I really like the excursion into Bludhaven as well as Bruce's reaction to the budding relationship, even though he's dating Diana. And Starfire singing along to "Kung Fu Fighting"? Priceless.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to the next story. :)
D-I-WaRrIa chapter 20 . 10/13/2004
OMG! It was Blackfire all the time! Well, you disgusied THAT well. Still, begs the question... how can you write stories at that length? O well, on emore chapter to read and review. BRB!
dolphingirl0113 chapter 12 . 10/13/2004
They kissed! As Starfire would say: Glorious! And it was done in such a believable way. I have to admit, I was wondering if Starfire would be the one to make the first move, in a moment of boldness, although you had me believing Robin was going to suck up the nerve to kiss her first. Oh well, it happened, and I now have a big, stupid, cheesy grin on my face. :)

Interesting portrayal of Wonderwoman (aka Diana). But then, I suppose when you get right down to it she isn't exactly warm and fuzzy, and yet not cruel either. Well done. I'm on to the next chapter!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 10 . 10/12/2004
I think this is one of my favorite chapters so far! I love the character development, and the interactions between Robin and Bruce Wayne. You're portraying them both wonderfully, and I can picture everything that is happening in my mind as though it were all a part of the actual show...though which one, Teen Titans or Batman, I'm not sure ;).

I didn't find Robin's described 'physical reactions' to Starfire at all offensive, in fact I thought it very natural. Men don't always pick up on their inner attractions to someone until their bodies give them a few 'hints', so to speak, so I thought you handled that very well. And you're absolutely right when you say that attraction doee NOT always mean love...but love is always accompanied by attraction. That's why I can't stand it when people accuse an author of having their characters fall in love too quickly because they are 'attracted' to one another. There is a difference...at least I firmly believe there is.

I loved the interaction between Robin and Babs...they seemed just like I figured they would, easy going and familiar with one another even if they had been 'involved' for a very brief time.

Overall, the characterization and development of the plot was all wonderful, and like I said before, I think this is one of my favorite chapters! Great job!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 9 . 10/12/2004
Yeah for Cyborg getting in Robin's face about his 'feelings' in regards to a certain redheaded teammate! I was wondering when the others would break their vow of silence and start trying to help...just a little...

Robin's denial is somewhat annoying, but very believable, so I can stand it. And Starfire is forgiven for being unclear about her feelings because she is, after all, not exactly accustomed to Earth completely yet. Well done, as usual!

CrazySpirit123 chapter 19 . 10/12/2004
Wonderful. It was just...wow! It was beautifully writen. You truly know how to write the cahracters. There are some fics when they just make the cahracters act like whatever they want, and it usually ruins it, but you haven't done that throughout this whole fic, I was truly surprised. You are a very talented writer, and I can even see a career in it. There are very little TT fics out there that can eally keep the reader interested, like you can. You started and finished this fic, which some people have a hard time doing, and made it one of the bests I've ever read. I can not wait for the future stories of the Trilogy. Please, keep up the good work.
dolphingirl0113 chapter 8 . 10/11/2004
Oh, the romantic tension is killing me! But I'm glad you're taking your time, it will make it all worth it in the end. I wonder what Bruce Wayne will have to say? Great job!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 7 . 10/11/2004
I love how all the characters are developing, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to kick Robin a few times to get him to see what is right in front of his face! Oh well, men will be men, and always the last to figure these things out...

As a side note, I love how you're portraying Bruce Wayne in this story...it fits his personality perfectly. And I wonder what solutions he will have come up when he calls back? Great job!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 6 . 10/11/2004
Nothing like a good old fashioned dose of jealousy to make the romance pot stir, eh? I must admit I was surprised when Starfire reacted the way she did, and yet I can understand why. After all, if the guy I was falling in love with forgot to mention the fact that he'd been flirting with girls when he was supposed to be shopping, I would have been upset too! Well done!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 5 . 10/11/2004
This chapter was the best yet as far as moving the plot along and inspiring within me many questions, such as why Robin seems to be so haunted by the shadow of Batman? I have my suspicions, but still, I like the way you're portraying this.

Starfire and Robin's relationship is continuing to progress at a beautifully reasonable pace...they aren't simply falling in love in one moment, but they aren't taking what I call a 'soap opera' amount of time to do it either. I suspect they'll be making more discoveries when it comes to each other in the next few chapters. I could be wrong...we'll just have to wait and see...

Your character development continues to be wonderful, and no one has yet to seem out of their element, which is sometimes difficult when dealing with so many characters. You give Raven a human-like side, but at the same time don't overdo it like some authors have a tendency to do, and Beast Boy is not so immature that it's annoying. Well done. On to the next chapter!

Jeanne-Marie St. Juste chapter 19 . 10/11/2004
Sorry, couldn't log in! Anyway, who could hate Starfire. Really? Slade doesn't count! Cool, action-packed, sort of drama-ish chapter. I love Rose's white hair. I adore people with white hair. And she tried to kill Starfire! Although she couldn't pull the trigger. It must be hard for your father to be a murdering madman in a coma and one of the world's most wanted men. ::sighs:: And who's Mar'i? A guy? A girl? BTW, do you have any OC in your fanfic? I can't be um, sure, since I don't really watch the series though I love it and yeah, your story too! Please update soon! The ends almost coming, I take it? Well, you better post up the sequel! And your Titans website too!

Favorite line/quote: "No, that's Tiger Balm. That's bad medicine. It uses tigers, hence the name." Go BB! _
dolphingirl0113 chapter 4 . 10/11/2004
And so they are faced with the first major reality of Starfires condition. I think this drives home her blindness more then anything up to this point, because suddenly they are forced to realize that she may never again be able to fight with them...and how will she fit in then, if she can no longer fight as a Teen Titan?

Once again this chapter was beautifully written, and you managed to spark my curiosity on several different plot developments. Well done!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 3 . 10/10/2004
I don't find any of these chapters boring or pointless...you are doing a beautiful job of setting the stage for what is to come, an aspect of stories that many authors leave out (to my annoyance). Never feel like you should rush right into the action, or drama, or angst, or, well, basically the juice of the story, until you've set a solid base to build up from. I'm blushing because I sound like my English teacher when I say this, but it is absolutely true.

As for the chapter itself, it was beautifully done, just like the others I've read so far. And Starfire is reacting to her situation in a very realistic fashion...she's not bawling and losing her head, which is good because I can't see her doing that about anything (except when 'her' Robin is threatened by another girl *winks*), but at the same time she isn't just taking it all in stride either.

And you're right, it does take a lot of adjustment when someone goes blind, for not only them but all their friends and family. Suddenly they can't do simple things like watch TV (which you've hinted at already), or cook, or draw, or...well, you get the idea. That's a huge change for anyone invovled.

I apologize if I'm rambling, but I've got a friend who's blind (has been all her life, but still) and I appreciate the legitimacy with which you're portraying Starfire's condition. So often people just make stuff up, which I can't stand...but you clearly at least have a basic idea of what you're talking about. Well done!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 2 . 10/10/2004
Starfire's reaction is certainly admirable. I should hope we'd all be so positive if we woke up only to discover we had lost the ability to see. Again, nicely done with the characters, they all fit wonderfully.

And just as a side note, I completely agree with you about changing their ages. Starfire and Raven in particular look way older then fourteen or fifteen in the show, so I appreciate you making it a little more believable. Wonderful job!

413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »