Reviews for Sufficiently Advanced Technology
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 17 . 6/12
At first I thought he was referring to Commodore PET computers that schools used to have back in the 1980s.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 15 . 6/12
Seriously one would think there would be *shielding* charms to prevent detection that will scatter the detection rays so that you can practice magic without any NSA spying.

In America if we had people stick to the Constitution like they should it would be illegal to spy on magic use without a warrant to that particular area of magic they wish to spy on much like bulk record gathering.

It is your right to have some degree of privacy from spying even in public or otherwise you are giving yourself up to the government to tell you how you are to live.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 12 . 6/12
If electronics are shielded using some kind of a faraday cage material then electronics should work with no problem since the *ban on technology* is due to a back EM effect due to the magic.

Faraday cage shielding is designed to protect equipment and can be as fancy or simple as you want it to be and as your budget allows protecting you're gameboy to your microwave.

In fact the materials of a microwave also acts as a faraday cage of it's own and if you were to put an unused battery in one to store only to take it out when you heat food that battery will in theory survive a large scale EMP attack where nuclear detonations high up in the atmosphere sends intense gamma rays that disrupt IC technology.

As an observer unless it's night time you won't even notice anything though at night the northern lights would appear very far south like the 1859 Carrington solar flare that caused some telegraph wires to catch on fire.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 6 . 3/10
Just wanted to point out that you are one of 1 million other authors that came up with that method of having a wand in the back of the room.

Sorry but it wouldn't really work like that but then I am just too damn logical. Even the magic world has it's laws and limits.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 5 . 3/10
Dumbledore should see the *Cutting Edge* scene from Brave Little Toaster *which the scene can be found on youtube* the song that shows how much technology has changed and that was the middle 80s!

Now most of the technology in that movie scene is also obsolete.
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 4 . 3/10
The best computer was the Commodore 64 which was the best because it was programmable by anyone and many companies offered software of their own.

Both games and serious software were developed and the best part was the Commodore 64 could go on the internet with a C64 Modem *which we still have in storage* that would use you're phone line and dial into the Q-Link (Quantum Link) BBS and all sorts of cool things went on there.

This was all in the 80s!

I would say more but I just realized that this is a VERY old story so most likely my review won't even be seen!

Damn!
kyle.hill.7965692 chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
Try a Neutron bomb! Try a high altitude EMP attack which would cause both muggle technology to fry and magic to be unreliable from the sudden intense gamma rays!
Lord Readaholic chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Please i
Update
Oh my Batman is that Spitfire chapter 20 . 10/21/2013
It's been 6 almost 7 years since you last updated.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/29/2013
This is an interesting take for a Batman and Harry Potter crossover. Your writing is especially entertaining.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/28/2013
YES! I can't wait to see them. The way you have tied this all together is wonderful, absodlutly awesome. bordering on bueatiful. so please please update!
Firekat Archer chapter 20 . 9/22/2012
Hi! I just found your absolutely fantastic crossover today, and I would love it if there was anyway you could finish it. I mean, I can imagine what would happen, but I would love to see what you actually mean to happen. And your lovely writing! The characterization is perfect, and I love your style! Your story is one of the best crossovers I've ever read, save for the fact that it's not finished. It's also one of the most original ideas I've ever seen. I mean, the idea of there being no true "muggles" or "wizards" is brilliant! And all the science in there - you've got a great handle on it. That's something I wish that I saw more of in fanfiction - the ability to actually write about real-life things and science and incorporate it into the story.
So, even if you don't finish this story ever, it has been a treat reading the chapters you do have posted. It's probably one of the stories I'll come back to for re-reading even though it's not finished.
tcl7189 chapter 20 . 8/31/2012
I hope the end is written...this is a great story!
danvseveryone chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Hmm...this seems interesting. Batman trying to solve a murder case that the dark lord Voldemort is behind alongside Nightwing and Robin? Awsome. Just awsome. I look forward to reading this.
Mesonoxian chapter 20 . 5/22/2012
Oh man, this fic is awesome! Please update soon?