Reviews for Isolate
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Oh my! I love your OC so much! And I love your idea of the Canadian MoM! This was delightful.

(I also found it highly amusing that he'd taught himself to use a drop spindle. I tried that a few times. I learned why they call it a *drop* spindle! Good for him!)
Progos chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
You should totally turn "The Adventures of John Lyon" into a running series.
Opifex the Singer chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
I love this story!

You have a truly remarkable ability with dialogue, exposition and character; you conveyed a startling amount of information without making it boring or obvious - it's all presented simply, elegantly and organically as part of the story, particularly through the use of dialogue, which both presented information and developed the characters.

Incredible. I wish I had your ability with this, but I don't. Once again, proof that the weird little genre of fanfiction contains plenty of truly talented authors along with all the suethors.

Yrs, KJT
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
I love this story!
Sarphiel the Reclusive chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
I have to ask; are you planning/hoping/wishing to write any more about our beloved Canadian Firekeeper? I'm tickled pink to find a great writer doing *Canadian* stories in the HP 'verse.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
Oh! If only you knew just how excited I was when I saw that he was from Saskatchewan. It was what I had been suspecting, and I was really happy to see that I was right. You've done an excellent, excellent job here. Everything is just so... well... Canadian!
LilithBoadicea chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
And I thought the last one was good! Very enjoyable. I do get the impression that you intended this one-shot to parlay into something bigger, perhaps a future fic. I'll look for it, as I rather like this John character. If not then you might want to re-examine the ending and work on giving closure. Excellent work on descriptions - setting and characters - and I'm still having a ball with the look into the Canadian wizarding world. Very enjoyable indeed.
namjai chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
I loved this! Your writing style was very engaging, and Mr. Lyon is a terrific character. I was protesting at the end: Hey, Wilma and Flaster, both or you - there's nothing wrong with being peculiar, and he likes being alone, so don't go forcing what you think is an acceptable, normal way of life on him! Still, it's entertaining to think of him trying to "adapt" to the new situation.
Carden chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Amazing, absolutely beautiful story! Truly unique and well written - and perfectly believable! In my opinion, you are not getting the credit you deserve for this one!
steelcoatedheart chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
i thought this story was ok, i liked the beginning a lot more than the ending
Magglenagall chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
I found your Lyon fics by way of your comment in today's fanficrants entry, and I'm so glad you provided the links! This was a superb one-shot with excellent OC characterizations and a very acute sense of setting (I presume you're a native of the area?). I hope you don't get discouraged by the general lack of interest in OCs and settings other than those JKR uses because you've definitely grabbed my interest. I'll be looking out for more stories from you in this vein.
Deceptica chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
Fantastic characterization and dialogue. There isn't really a lot going on in this story, but because of the way it's written I found myself glued to the screen. I especially loved the bit where John explained his partial transformation which he couldn't revert.
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
Poor Mr Lyon! Excellent characterization. I enjoyed reading this.
Secret Staircase chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
This is a very interesting start! I must say, it's very courageous of you to write an OC-centric story. I really like it so far; you obviously have a lot of talent as a writer.