Reviews for Themes of Love
Serenade Of Water chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Wow, simply wow.

Everything flowed beautifully, the plot, the characters, the darker half of the Dragonking.

Absolutely fantastic.

Definitely my favorite author when it comes to Kain Highwind.
rydi123 chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
'One can never attain them - and thus one needn't worry about losing them.'

i liked that line.

i also liked seeing things from the summoned monsters perspective.
Anon chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Decent story, I guess... But a lot of the grammar was poor and made the story as a whole confusing. It was hard to pick out things here and there and required a couple of readings to get the idea.
Nathan chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
I loved this. Theres no other way to put it. Awsome, I would like to read more of your work in the futear.
Jenneh chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Oh my goodness. This is an absolutely beautiful story. I'm usually reluctant to read most fics with Kain as a major focus because they usually have the same tired, cliched plot, but you've done a wonderful job with this. I love the feel and pace of your writing. I don't know many that are successful with present tense, and it's perfect here.
Daryl Falchion chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Well, well, well...look at what we have here...Lest my eyes deceive me but I see a wonderful little FFIV fic. Alright, enough with the drama. I am really impressed. I couldn't find a single error in grammar. The sentences flow neatly and the whole story is generally quite interesting. While I did like some of the lovely phrases in the story a few times it seemed a little over the top. That may just be a personal thing though. Anyway, that's a great fic and hope to see more from you.
SpacemanSpiff chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Thanks for the recommendation, Doc ;). I wish I had the time to write another story, but I'm swamped as it is :P. But to the story: Tis very interesting how you've played out Bahamut's role as the ancestrial guardian of these characters such as Kain and Cloud. It kind of makes sense in a way, but then again it's kind of far out there. I like the idea and I wish it hadn't ended so soon. I really dig the whole light and dark side talk there at the end, and how Bahamut spoke of his darker-half. It's a great tie between the God of Dragons and the Knight of Dragons. I'd like to see more of Bahamut's thoughts on his progeny, perhaps not only post-game but in-game as well. You've got a great style of writing and I'm hoping you're planning on hanging around the FFIV genre for a bit longer. We need all we can get here.

-Spiff
nightdragon0 chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Hmm, if Bahamut was this much involved in FFIV... I really have the urge to try it. Time really doesn't seem to allow me though.

Anyway, for the fic, it's deep and very nice too.
Runic Knight chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Now this was a very interesting piece! It was wonderfully written and all around beautiful.

*added to favourite stories*
Erse chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
*stares until her eyes crust over* I love this. The only word I can find to describe this would be "beautiful". You writing, your grasp on the characters, the way you write the dialogue, everything is just... beautiful. You weave this together brilliantly. Congratulations, you made my day with this story. It's rare to find any FFIV works, yet alone something like this. I hope I can see more FFIV things from you soon. :) Ah, a nice, long story with Kain and Bahamut would be perfect, methinks. ;)

Btw, do you know SpacemanSpiff? You two should write a story together. You'd make a great team. Heh.

(doc)