Reviews for Light Out of Darkness
LyNn-6t7 chapter 6 . 11/21/2012
Loved every single one. I hope you write more. ;)
Nikikeya chapter 6 . 8/18/2011
I loved this little story, Even though the first chapter made me cry... Poor Sam... If only he knew that in two short years Frodo would be leaving...

I loved the scene with the White Tree, that was very cute. x3
SaradocCraver101 chapter 6 . 5/28/2010
I love it. _
Shipwright's Trick chapter 6 . 3/30/2010
'"I was wondering," the wizard said casually, "how long it will be before you realize that Peregrin is awake, and reaching for your fork."'

I can think of several possible scenarios for what happens next. Most of them involve various hobbits attacking others. : )

Lovely last joke to finish the story!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 5 . 3/30/2010
It's not very often one gets to see Galadriel and Frodo, especially after the unmaking of the Ring...I found this very interesting.

I've wondered (and tried to explain, as well) how Galadriel and the other Noldor got to return to Valinor; this makes sense, even though it only takes care of Galadriel and not all of the other Noldorin elves.

'"Oh," Frodo murmured. "Look."

In a burst of light, the sun rose above the horizon, its brilliant, yet gentle rays illuminating the glade. As one, Elf and hobbit smiled with joy, then bowed their heads in welcome to the new day.'

How beautiful. : )
bethahnee chapter 6 . 4/13/2005
I liked chapter two best, with the idea of what happened to the Witchking's ring. that was really cool.

Anargil _~
the essence of popsicles chapter 6 . 8/30/2004
I...don't know how to begin...howabout...I bow down to you in awe.. yeah that's it. you're a really versatile author, your angsty fics make me feel so sympathetic and sorry for them and your humour fics make me laugh like a hyena. but of course all this is redundant. The grammer is remarkably better than many other authors' grammer. And the ideas that you play about and explore are also very interesting and i never thought about them before! As in as a topic to write about... And i love those really nice humorous twists you add to your story, just after a spot of delightful insight...:

“You look happy, Gandalf,
Vilya0 chapter 6 . 8/27/2004
Hello. I hadn't realise you had continued this fic, I'm sorry. I loved the last chapters. You write wonderfully. The thing with Pippin moved me so much. Snif snif.

It's too bad you haven't got any summer break. How do you find the time to write all these amazing fics?

See you next time!

Namaarie
Pipwise Brandygin chapter 6 . 8/26/2004
I love this sweet, tender moment between Frodo and Pippin. It's so simple yet it says so much about how much they've changed - and Frodo's wistfulness that Pippin has grown up now, and perhaps his own realisation that he won't be around to see Pippin's own children are very poignant. I love how proud they are of each other's achievements, and Gandalf's pride in them, knowing they no longer need him. And the gentle hobbity conversation at the end is just lovely, and a wonderful last line from Gandalf! Such a fascinating, inspiring series of stories, shirebound! Thank you so much :)
Azaelia chapter 6 . 8/22/2004
I've only just discovered this... And all I have to say is "wow". I especially loved the chapter with Galadriel and Frodo, the end of which made me want to cry, which I see as a sign of a job well done on your part.

I also loved the last chapter, with Pippin. So few people treat him as the more grown-up, complex character he truly is. I had never thought about it, but now I can clearly see why Pippin might have had a reaction to fire. They've all been through so much, but I love how you're telling a story of healing, I think for everyone in the fellowship.

I also had to comment on your Gimli... He's so often ignored by writers who don't see him as a major character, or don't know what to do with him, or both...It was a breath of fresh air to read this and see a well-rounded Gimli...I think Tolkien would be proud.

Excellent, excellent work. I loved every minute.

:-) Azaelia
Firnsarnien chapter 6 . 8/15/2004
Ai that Pip! Even though Frodo ended up comforting him, it seems that Pip comforted Frodo too. I loved the way Frodo reminded Pippin how they used to camp out in front of the hearth. Ties in nicely to your other stories. :)

And their thoughts about the fire were great. Again, you caught me by surprise there! I never thought an innocent campfire could hold so many memories for all of them.

Watching Gandalf come to the realization that he's no longer needed in Middle Earth was so sad! But his last line, that really lightened my heart and gave me a good laugh! Pippin was awake and reaching for the fork! LOLOLOLOLO!

Awesome, can't wait for another one! :)
Coriandra chapter 6 . 8/14/2004
That was so beatiful, sad though, that Frodo's still having emotional problems and his shoulder still hurts. Of course, it wouldn't be much longer before he's healed in Valinor. The last chapter was beautiful too. I never realized that Frodo was being called home to Valinor and was now shining his own light like the Elves. What a lovely thought.

It's very hard to pick favourite chapters in this story, but the last one was definiatly one of mine. Pippin and the others going without sleep to make Frodo feel safe was deeply moving. Pippin telling Frodo how proud he was of him and Frodo thinking about how much Pippin had grown was so sweet, it almost made me cry. I just put this story on my favourite list, but you probably guess that by now. :)
Hai Took chapter 6 . 8/11/2004
Such a nice closing! I liked the conversation Frodo had with Pippin about fire, I'm glad they are both more use to it now. On a lighter note, everyone wanting Sam to make them a late supper was cute, even Gandalf! The last line as well, Gandalf's sentimental thoughts about hobbits being covered up by his talking about Pippin reaching for Frodo's fork! All of these were wonderful, thank you!
Grav chapter 6 . 8/11/2004
And off I go for the kleenex. Again.

I...just...wow. Three cheers for Pippin and his Tookishness and your way of writing it down in relation to Gandalf. And four cheers for the different kinds of light! This was a spectacular idea, sprectacularly pulled off in the very best Shirebound style. I love it.
Grav chapter 5 . 8/11/2004
Oh...my. I don't even know what to say. That was...unreal, in the realest way possible. I don't know how, but you manage to draw the most amazing parallels and string to gether ideas in a way like no one else I have ever read (excluding, naturally, The Professor Himself). This is fantastic. I keep wanting to say your writing shines, but I just can't bring myself to stoop that low!