Reviews for A Maid Of Elven Tirion
quaff chapter 11 . 9/2/2013
I loved your explanation of the royal family trees. They are extremely helpful, especially when reading Silmarillion tales. I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing it.
innail chapter 10 . 12/16/2012
3. Elemmire (Star Jewel) is Mercury. Could Anarrima (the Flames?) be the Pleiades?
Nope, the Pleiades have been identified with near certainty by Christopher Tolkien (among others) as Remmirath, the netted stars. On the other hand, Christopher believes (and most of the LotR scholars agree) that Vilvarin is indeed Cassiopeia. For insightful essays on this (and other) topics, I direct your attention to the wonderful app 'ElvenSpeak' which has essays on a variety of Middle-Earth topics, an Elven Date calculator, a course on learning elvish and an elvish dictionary.
If one takes 'stars' to mean 'things in the sky' one could make an argument for Anarrima being the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights.
innail chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
SERENDIS ALDARIEL, the wood carver. Later known as Galadhriel.
I'm assuming that is this is not the same person as Galad(h)riel, Lady of the Golden Wood, correct?
Also, which of these characters are yours, and which are Tolkiens? Some I can say with relative certainty one way or the other, but there are some I'm not sure of.
innail chapter 8 . 11/29/2012
Was that... the Last Alliance she dreamed of? and Minas Tirith?
innail chapter 5 . 11/29/2012
Findelaure Glorfindel. Oh, and Aiwendil is Radagast the Brown!
Glory Bee chapter 11 . 3/24/2012
This would certainly be worthwhile completing :)
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Very impressive cast of characters, nice to see it all laid out like this before we get into the story. :)
lotiel chapter 11 . 4/22/2008
I have read this story before but I have only now reviewed it, and I love it.

I love the way you portrated the relationship between Istafinde and Nerwen,and I must say that I prefer Istafinde.

Davne & Makalaure are so cute, I hope they will end up together!
gilraen vardamir chapter 9 . 2/16/2008
very good! I love this chapter, please continue!
queenieb chapter 8 . 8/30/2005
This is so delightful and imaginitive, and you portray the 'darker side' of Valinor so insightfully. I don't think I've ever read a fic that so perfectly describes what it was like to be in the Blessed Realm at this time. I'm so curious about the future adventures of Istafinde and her maidens!

- b.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
PS. Sorry if that last paragraph sounded a bit snippy, G. It's just I've pretty much lost patience with the whole Mary-Sue thing - which does seem to put a premium on mediocrity.

My own definition of a 'Sue' is very simple: If I hate the character's guts while everybody else in the story loves her to pieces and says so at length - she's a Sue.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 8 . 1/17/2005
I thought I explained in the story that the rivalry between Nerwen and Istafinde is due to them being much alike in temperment but very different in talents and of almost identical age. They were born to be rivals.

Literarily Istafinde reflects my disenchanted view of Glads, who at this point in her life is ambitious, domineering and thirsty for admiratio - which come to think of it pretty much describes her at any age...

If by 'Mary-Sue' you mean any female character who rises above the ordinary than Istafinde does qualify. Can't be helped I'm afraid.
Gerontius.T chapter 8 . 1/16/2005
i really like your story. But I wanna know, qhy does miriel hate artanis?

You really shouldn't portray her lik that. is it because Galadriel is better in every way than miriel could ever be?

but i think that though Davne is not a Mary Sue, Miriel is definitely one. Sorry.
moonshine4488 chapter 5 . 9/17/2004
This would be good if I could figure out who youre talking about. I like the plot, its just a little confusing.
Marnie chapter 7 . 9/8/2004
Very appropriate! I like the way they're obviously going to inspire the myth of the valkyries, and various other swan-maidens. It's very interesting that here we're getting a glimpse of the female way of power which really accords with Tolkien and mythology, rather than the modern reinventions of tenth walkers and stuff that jars because it's so culturally wrong. I like it very much!