Reviews for Courage of the Spirit
Guest chapter 10 . 6/3/2015
IS LINC L?! TELL ME IT ISNT SO!
Peiria chapter 40 . 5/19/2015
OMG you make me fall for Haku so hard hahaha! But with Chihiro, I really just wanna punch her so many time (so guilty lol)
Seelenfinsternis chapter 40 . 3/5/2015
I've started reading the german translation, which have been stopped when things started to get really interesting. So I've searched in the depths of my mind the remains of my English from school, armed myself with a dictonary and got lost in your story.
Sometimes I wanted to slap Chihiro for her dullness and how she tortured green and handsome (I love this phrase! Even in German it was funny! ) I mean, if she don't want that hot dragon, I will sacrifice myself to ease the dragon... ;) How blind can one be not seeing the urgent love of Haku? Sometimes the coyly acting was too much and annoyed me as reader.
I am very curious about the sequel. Beer is cold, I think it's going to be a nice fanfic-evening.
Best regards, Seelenfinsternis

PS: I am really sorry for all my mistakes and the abuse of your language.
misskangas chapter 40 . 2/25/2015
Spirited Away is one of my most favorite Studio Ghibli endeavors, but the end always made me terribly sad. Yes, yes I know the ending was happy: Chihiro saves her parents, saves Haki, outsmarts Yubaba, and she safely returns home. And yet their promise and the budding love between her and Haku was left open, which was simply killing me. "What happened? Does Haku ever see her again? TELL ME!" Velf's story "Courage of the Spirit" was the ending I needed for the beautiful tale of Spirited Away. Her writing is very well done, with beautiful descriptions that paint a vivid backdrop to the next chapter for Chihiro. The story has a tangible sense of reality, because what 10 year old would experience the wonders and dangers that Chihiro faced and NOT tell someone about it?! And who would believe such a tale? That element of reality just helps to suck you into the story even further. Finally (seriously Velf, I need to know: how many times have you watched the movie?) her tale stays true to the setting of the film, bringing in obscure but familiar faces (Radish spirit!) so that as you progress through it feels as though the movie never stopped. Thank you for sharing this with us. I loved it, I have shared it with friends, and would highly recommend this to anyone who loved the film but felt as though there should have been more, or who just wants a good read and a cup of tea. Relax, and enjoy!
liah chapter 40 . 2/22/2015
can you write another story on spirited away or any other cause you are my favorite!
Hannnah-Rose chapter 37 . 2/21/2015
THIS CHAPTER WAS AMAZING! Oh my god, I can't wait to finish this story and read the other two. You are a FABULOUS author!
Hannnah-Rose chapter 16 . 2/18/2015
This story is amazing. Great job! I know you wrote this in 2005 and I'm reading and commenting 10 years later, but I just want to give you MAJOR props(:
Hannnah-Rose chapter 15 . 2/18/2015
This chapter was amazing! So funny! And great story so far, I love it. You're writing is incredible!
Hannipan chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
A lovely start, I'm dyslexic myself and have considered writing my own fanfic one day, by keep holding it off. Your writing is lovely, not over powering like some fanfics. I've always wished there was a sequel to Spirited Away, ever since I first watched it when I was little. Sooo I'm really hoping this can be the equivalent, and I can finally go on living with peace of mind. Looking forward to the rest of the story
Rohan Kishibe chapter 2 . 1/19/2015
I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing that the parents would just down right dis-own Chihiro like that. A parent just doesn't do that. My little brother, around the age of 10, once pretended he was being possed by an alien (and did it a little too convincingly). The entire time, he acted and reacted to his environment completely differently, and I just played along with it to the very end, same with my family. No one thought he was crazy after the first day. However, even if he was crazy: I remember my little brother telling me this fantastic story, and I was just derailing it the entire time, commanding him to stop lying. Another kid, however, came over and told him she believed his story. It made him happy. I was angry, asking why she did that, and that she "knew she was lying." She simply replied "So what?" I realized there that, even though the story wasn't true, it was a much better story than what probably happened, and that by him believing it, it made him a better person. In other words, I chose the "better story", regardless if it's true or not. I feel like I had a point her...well, anyways, it's a great story regardless, so I'm only telling you this for future reference. So says Rohan Kishibe...
Guest chapter 7 . 1/11/2015
This is so goody this is very underrated
kiki chapter 25 . 1/5/2015
are you a girl or boy?
Dedmutt chapter 40 . 12/30/2014
That was the most adorable thing I think I've ever read. XD Good on you. Help yourself to some pancakes.
kirab chapter 11 . 12/16/2014
love the last sentence for some weird reason in fact I love the whole thing
Dedmutt chapter 23 . 12/1/2014
I know I'm not waiting for any chapters but DEAR GOD WHY WITH THE SUSPENSE I CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE OF YOU CONGRATULATIONS
2,333 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »