Reviews for Blood On His Soul
distorted-me chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
Thank you so much for this imperfect betrayal of Dumbledore. It seems no one likes the Headmaster these days, and most stories include Dumble-bashing (mine included.) This story is so very well written and while it does not glorify or excuse Dumbledore and/or his actions, it does show us that He better than any knows, it seems with a small amount of regret, exactly what he is doing.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Oh Albus...

Perfectly written.
Intelligensia chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Touching. Another, unique, look at manipulative Albus. Touching.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
He had no right and deserves very little. No matter what his conscience he chose not to do the right thing. As to the freedom of a world? Who made him God? He did! How did he know the way he chose was the only way, the right way? He didn't. He chose the easy. He needed to manipulate more people his way. All he needed to do to do it the right way was tell the truth and share information with the right people. Two of his greatest weaknesses.

I am glad he suffered. It was nothing compared to what harry and others suffered. His pride and arrogance made him think he was God Almighty and Omnipotent. He was neither.

I truly believe there was another way and in Albus' arrogance, willfulness and inability to ask for others' opinions and accept that other people may know more than he did about things; he left a young boy to be raised in an abusive home, arranged for him to be tested past endurance and then to sacrifice himself for a world that alternately worshiped and hated but never cared about Harry himself, even encouraged him to sacrifice himself in a marriage 'for theGreater Good' to a fan girl that never truly understood Harry or realized that the Boy Who Lived and Harry Potter were two separate people.
misakigirl chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
It's angsty but so true... I mean, there's NO way Dumbledore wasn't aware of what was happening to Harry, but still, he let things happen without even trying to make them better, so yes, he played with Harry's life quite a lot, pushing him into doing what he considered the best and never really confiding in him (though yes, I still can't imagine him telling all the truth to an eleven-year old) but, still, he SHOULD have told him after Voldy's resurection and he didn't. Dumbledore is quite manipulative when he feels it is needed and that is his greatest failure - he's so intelligent, he never even considers confiding his doubts to other people. Yes, there's a noble reason for that, but there's also his need to be on top, playing the chess game without any help.
baobabs chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Absolutely perfect.
Celestial Moonwalker chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Albus is so positively dreadful. But it's him.

This is really impressive. *applauds standing*
skrewtkeeper chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
OH my word. That was astonishingly dreadful, and I am not ashamed to admit that tears formed in my eyes while I read this. That was Albus. Completely and irreversibly Albus, and I have no idea how you managed it... Oh gosh. I feel terrible now, knowing that every one of his attributes is all a mask in which he has created for himself. Good show in writing. Though disheartening, I cannot deny that this is indeed an awe-inspiring fic, and I am adding to my favorites for sure.

~Skrewtkeeper
ChaosMan chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Wow. Awesome. Was scrolling down your profile page, trying to decide on a story to try (there are a few...). Glad I picked this one; it's great. I love stories that have the power to create emotion within the reader, and this one certainly fits within that category.

I know you like good critiquing (HOW do you spell that word?), and I must apologize for being absolutely terrible at it. The only things I see that could be improved are a couple of sentences that would read slightly better (in my opinion) if they were worded slightly differently. I will offer those though:

- "he has bartered away his soul in return for the freedom of a world". I, personally, feel that this would fit better if it were "he has bartered away his soul for the freedom of a world"

- Er.. I thought there was another one, but looking back I can't see anything that doesn't work.

Pathetic I know, but that's all I could see that could be 'improved' upon.

I loved it. Kick ass. I look forward to reading more of your stories in the next few days.
Minerva Medica chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Whoa! Good one! I never quite understood why so many people assumed Albus was all-grandfatherly-nice-and-good, and DH has proven it... great that you came up with this in 2004 already.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Ooh, nice.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Ah, but Dumbledore has it both ways-Harry hates Snape, not Dumbledore, and would blame the Potions Master for the Dursleys as well as for everything else if he possibly could. And now Albus is dead, he will be glorified even more while Snape will be the one who is despised.

Nice work if you can get it-all the glory and only one hard night for sacrifice. Snape must give all the years of his life, all to be spat on for centuries to come, and no glory whatsoever.

And no love at all. Harry isn't the only one Dumbledore has cruelly melted into steel, but if Harry lives he'll have his reward, while Snape has nothing.

One has to wonder if Dumbledore planned it that way.

Interesting thought piece, though.
Aldavinur chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
That's a really sad fic!

I always loved Dumbledore as a character of the Harry Potter world, but maybe your right! He is a manipulator and he knows what's going on, but doesn't do anything against it.

Maybe he is really just playing on his chessboard. But it's not a game, for in a friendly game you don't have those deep regrets and sorrows and guilts!

It must be hard to be Albus Dumbledore.
Catti666 chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Aww, I was looking what other stories you had and this occurred to my eyes. Manipulator, yeah he most probably is more or less. I really like your style and taste! great job!
TheDeathChamber chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Bloody brilliant! No, really amazing.