Reviews for The Destiny of Minerva Duncan
Guest chapter 44 . 3/21/2013
No no no nooooooo! Worst cliffhanger ever! Will you ever update this amazing story? :D
BlueMarkingPen chapter 44 . 12/29/2011
This story is extremely well-written to be found on å fanfiction site! I have read trough the whole of it in å couple of data, and I really liked how you put together the plot with Minerva meeting Montgomery and how it didn't work out. It really explains how she became the strict professor we got to know in the books. again, amazing work!
wifkala chapter 27 . 8/31/2011
this chapter was...interesting. I dont know if I jsut dislike it on principle but i still want to keep reading it
SilverLily1 chapter 44 . 9/20/2009
I just finished the story and it is BRILLIANT! :] I love it. Will Luna ever find out that Minerva is her grandmother? 'Cause I really hope she does. I cant wait for the next chapter. :] Oh and by the way, this is going on my favorites.
AngelMoon Girl chapter 44 . 9/10/2009
OMG please update! I know it's been a while, but this fic is AMAZING!
AngelMoon Girl chapter 29 . 9/10/2009
You incorporated ten-pin bowling! Woah, unique! Never seen that before... *ovation* Nicely done. Loved the inclusion of Lily and James. This fic is SO GOOD. Ages well.
AngelMorph chapter 44 . 6/23/2009
I finally caught up on this story after letting the updates pile up in my inbox for just over three years... Only to find the updates stopped two years ago... All the same, hope to see more of this, and thanks for writing as much as you did. I really enjoyed your characterization of Minerva...
Oh Indeed chapter 44 . 2/15/2009
Hi again!

I’ve just finished all the chapters that are up, and wanted to let you know that I stand by my review on chapter 10. Simply magnificent. I must confess that the Albus and Minerva pairing for me was a bit unnerving. I assumed this story had a strong Albus presence, not a romantic angle. Now I feel comfortable with it, however in my mind they can never have been together in that way. For me, Albus’s greatest love and biggest mistake will always be Gellert. It explains so much about his character.

I noticed an earlier reviewer mention something about not posting because Albus was gay. I can’t imagine this to be the case, and if it isn’t I would appreciate a conformation.

Please do carry on writing about Minerva.

Oh Indeed
Oh Indeed chapter 10 . 2/14/2009
Here is possibly the latest birthday present you've ever received.

A review, just like you asked for...

That’s 10 chapters I’ve read so far.

You’re style of writing is breathtaking. You’ve managed to convey some intricately complicated scenes with an effortless read. (I know how much effort it takes to do that!)

The way the story jumps in flashes is ingenious. A 70 year plus life story could have gotten quite stagnant otherwise.

I would like to commend you on the amount of research you do for your background plots! BRAVO! I would also like to thank you for said research because it is a great gift that an author gives to us readers; the respect and acknowledgment of our intelligence.

I read fan fiction for Harry Potter (and Star Trek!) because I miss the novels so much, but truth be told, I do not like how most writers deviate so far from cannon. For me a true Harry Potter fan fiction doesn’t try and change the original material, but compliments, enhances and enriches it. This beautiful story does just that. I have a feeling that if in the future J. K. Rowling were to announce any more details about Minerva, I would find them unbelievable. You’re Minerva is the 'real' Minerva for me.

I noticed that this story has not been updated for a considerable time and the note on your authors page specifying that an update is coming. I beg your pardon for having the audacity to implore you to continue and finish this story. If you don’t do it for the readers or even yourself, you must do it for this wonderfully intricate character you have breathed life into. She deserve for her story to be told.

I will take up some more of your time with one small last thing:

In the second chapter, you mentioned in an authors note that you had to adjust Minerva's age to allow her to study at Hogwarts at a certain time. With all due respect to HPLexicon, I must object to their facts. I did some quick research (just for this story!) and found out the following details.

You’re staring date of .1936 is actually the true date of the beginning of Minerva’s formal education. Below I will explain how.

On .20 Real-Time, J. K. Rowling gave an interview stating that Minerva was 70

( )

Rowling had also stated on her own website that Minerva’s birthday is on the 4th of October. (/2007/10/3/happy-birthday-minerva-mcgonagall)

So on the 16.0ct.20 Real-Time, Minerva was 70

This would mean that in Harry-Potter-Time, on .1994, Minerva would have been 70.

This would make her date of birth .1924.

On .1935 Minerva would have been 10 and missed the Hogwarts cutoff date by 34 days

So Minerva would indeed start school on .1936. Just like you said!

I have based my Harry-Potter-Time on Nearly Headless Nick’s Death day cake celebration. ( en./wiki/Harry_Potter_timeline)

Thank you again for this magnificent story.

Keep up the great work.

Oh Indeed
WAYAMY27NARF chapter 43 . 2/10/2009
Do you ever think you'll finish this? Have you dropped it because Dumbledore's gay? (not sayin you discriminate, but I can see how you'd think this storyline's void)

Such a shame, because it's simply kickass, as is ALL your writing.
t chapter 44 . 10/16/2007
I really like your story! Is this the end, with Dumbledore's death, or are you going to add another chapter showing her grief (unless he somehow didn't die)? I know that you haven't updated in a really long time, but I'm interested. Thank you!
Joelpup62 chapter 44 . 9/17/2007
OH MY GOD! so, wow...hi! I can't really remember if I ever reviewed this story before...but, well...I read what there was of it maybe a year or two ago, and loved it...then I guess I just forgot about it...after DH came out I just felt like going back and reading some of my favorite stories. I always referenced back to this story in particular whenever I thought of Minerva McGonagall, so naturally I came back to look at this one...I just have to say that I love you! not to like assault you in any way...I'm just saying I love you for writing this story...I hope you update soon...I'm assuming Dumbledore is out because of the you can incorporate DH into the story too...which is pretty crazy...McGonagall was actually pretty crazy in that too...
A Sorry No One chapter 44 . 8/5/2007
OH MY GOODNESS! i love it you must must must update soon MUST
Bronny chapter 44 . 8/2/2007
please write more. I have just read 44 chapters non-stop - ignoring housework, thirst, hunger and university work. Your story is written so incrediably well. I really want to know if there will be a happy ending for Nette, will Luna turn out to be the granddaughter adn will anyone ever tell her. We the Professor ever get her dream from the mirror? Only you can answer these questions, so please do.
coffee2lover chapter 44 . 7/23/2007
O I love it please update soon