Reviews for Illusion
Em chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Its an amazing story, but it seriously depressed me.
SarahJane1990 chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
i loved the story...
daritah chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Hi,

I have just read your fic and Oh My God! (if you we're hearing me now I would be sounding just like Janice from Friends) I have to say that its one of the best oneshot fics that i have ever read, really. The way you captured both of them is amazing... I still can't do that, but you did it very well. Loved the story.

Adara
purebristles chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
This story (along with many others that you write) leaves my chest constricted, and my eyes dull - I can almost see this happening in the show, but I'm hoping against hope it will not happen.

I love the angst you write. It's real, the pain of ripping the plaster off the open wound. Thank you for the beauty.
Copperboom chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
Wah! This is SO sad! I hate that this scenario seems so real and true to the characters because I wish it weren't even in the realm of possibility. But it is. It's sort of an overview of the situation, but still heartbreaking. Nice job!
lorelai halliwell chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
im crying here why would you do that to me

i know they're meant to be

they tried and didnt succeed

this isnt supposed to be a reality

its better an illusion

i miss them together

you have ruined me
Fickle Sobriquet chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
I like this a lot. Thanks for writing it.
softydog88 chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this story. At first I was sure I wouldn't like it because I really want Luke and Lorelai to work. But you won me over. It was a great technique the way you drew parallels between their experiences. How she thought one thing, and he thought the opposite, yet so in character that it fit perfectly. I hope you do more stories like this! I'll try not to waste so much more time before I read the next one. saltydog88
Jewls13 chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
lovely piece.

Crazy-dreams did something like this about a year ago. Check it out, I think you'd like it.
Arianna555 chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
Wow.

The summary is what drew me to this story...because it's so true, or it could be. And that is a perfect way to word it. They didn't try hard enough, for him who never knew exactly what to say, wanted to initiate it but wasn't sure. And for her, who never wanted to force it...wanted it to be right...they tried to hard, and maybe that's what broke it. I never would have thought of it that way.

I love the way you wrote this: their friendship isn't the same, but still, they're glad they tried.

"Though their friendship is fractured now, they're glad that they at least tried. The possibility would've hung over them forever, clouding their view and choking out light. He still serves her coffee and she still confides in him, but now there's less banter, fewer moments, none of the 'almosts' that there used to be."

Really excellent writing. I love the metaphor here.

There's still the banter, the coffee, but still, it's not the same. And that's exactly it: none of those "almosts".

"Still, there are nights when they wonder if maybe they should've given it one more chance. She would've been kinder, she thinks, less demanding. He would've given her more space, not been so afraid that letting her go meant that she'd never come back. She remembers moments that still bring tears to her eyes; his hands on her shoulders, in her hair, around her waist. He remembers moments that still make his throat tighten; her leg wrapped around his, her lips at that spot right under his jaw. Sometimes they wonder if giving up was maybe the wrong choice after all."

Heh. Sorry I'm quoting so much at once, but really...this all needs to be quoted. D

"That's when the illusion becomes a reality and they're made to feel it; the sheer tangibility of loss."

Perfect last sentence. Then, this thing that is an illusion, fake? It's real, they know it, and this is loss. (

There are many, many quotable lines in this and I'm sorry I didn't quote them all. Heh. This is really beautifully written, and I can't wait to see where you're going to take this. I hope you continue soon; I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens! D

Fantastic. )
Jessica12 chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
..You keep doing this to me...This..making me cry...But..oh..so good...The last few lines...Brought tears to my eyes and screamed NO! TO my computer...

Good work as always..!
K chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
One of the best stories I've read about Luke and Lorelia in a while. Good job.
bb chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
this is the saddest ending possible
Cesium chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Sad, but great - the characterization and the development holds true and seems in character.
jerseygirl318 chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
SO not LL/JJ! Sad but a little taste of reality between the dozens of happy-go-lucky LL fics I read daily is good for me. Great fic!